• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

So excited to try this patch. More dota games to play!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

inkls

I spam PA a lot, and while the buffs are appreciable (Dagger BattleFury Cleave lol ) I'm not sure she's actually any better off in the grand scheme of things. Silver Edge still applies Break right? Silver Edge is also much more attactive to a whole bunch of heroes now too.

ALSO BLOODTHORN GIVING TRUE STRIKE

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
im so excited to try shit

i really wanna try silver edge ---> aghs shadowfiend

echo sabre looks really fun for melee heroes like troll/sven

ALSO BATTLEFURY WRAITH KING FARMING GOD MACHINE CALLIN IT NOW BOYS

Artanisix

Axe
Counter Helix damage type from Physical to Pure
Counter Helix damage reduced from 100/135/170/205 to 90/120/150/180

WHAT HTE ACTUAL FUCK.

busy atm but i'll do a write up of my thoughts for biggest changes later

Storm Spirit aghs sounds absurd? 475 aoe 2.5 sec disable, on an 18 sec cd. That's bigger aoe than berserker's call/reverse polarity/black hole. On the most mobile hero in the game in the game.

And to make it worse, the aghs change to storm slayer skywrath seems to be a nerf.

G.ZZZ

Legion and Sky got the stupidest changes and they still bad.

Sky desperately need some -mana cost on his ulti on lvl2-3, he can't sustain his mana pool as a supporter at all.

Legion still trashcan tier and she go unchanged.

Sniper still megatrash.

Huskar change useless.

CM got even more mana regen on lvl 4 aura, be careful icefraud.

WW got an aghs for carry Wyvern, Kappa.

Kka and axe got two good buffs, gonna go back to them i guess.

Wow patch wow

Storm still shit
dac15_blush.gif

Clock buffs seem nice, if marginal. Silencer changes don't seem as substantive as I thought on first read, but we'll see. Tree buffs are good. Troll buffs are good.

Favourite changes though:
Time Lapse disjointing projectiles is awesome. I've died to this too many times.
Medic Naga buffs
Orchid 2 is fucking amazing on clinkz. Not sure if it's big enough to make him a top tier 1/2, but he was already strong for the past few patches and that item might be enough to put him on the map in a big way.

inkls

Wow patch wow

Storm still shit
dac15_blush.gif

Clock buffs seem nice, if marginal. Silencer changes don't seem as substantive as I thought on first read, but we'll see. Tree buffs are good. Troll buffs are good.

Favourite changes though:
Time Lapse disjointing projectiles is awesome. I've died to this too many times.
Medic Naga buffs
Orchid 2 is fucking amazing on clinkz. Not sure if it's big enough to make him a top tier 1/2, but he was already strong for the past few patches and that item might be enough to put him on the map in a big way.

LUL

Wok

Drums becomes quite bad on Slark. Dammit.

Cost from 1850 to 1775

Previously provided:
+ 9 Intelligence
+ 9 Strength
+ 9 Agility
+ 3 Damage

Now provides:
+ 9 Intelligence
+ 6 Strength
+ 3 Agility
+ 3 Damage
+ 3 HP Regeneration

Even Abyssal...

Now requires Basher, Vanguard, and a 1550 recipe

We might see more Slark going Orchid into Bloodthorn, or Echo Sabre.

Hylian7

Why are you saying Invoker got dumpstered? What am I missing?
Cast point stuff was moderate, but not huge. However the big ones are the tornado vision, swapping of health/mana on forge spirits (the build was 4 Q, max E when E gave health, and Q gave mana, now it's opposite), and the purgeable cold snap.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Also i just noticed that lich denying ranged creeps make you gain twice the exp for wave. WELP

i never thought about this... this is going to be pure cancer holy shit

lich + axe offlane just kill urself (immediately to jungle if im a carry lol)

Wok

yeh but silver edge got megabuffed

So Shadow Blade > Silver Edge > Disassemble into Shadow Blade + (Skadi / Linkens).

Gotta choose early on between S&Y + Shadow Blade and Silver Edge + Yasha now.

The good thing is you can stack all the buffs from S&Y and Silver Edge now that Sange is not common, right? Or was it already the case?

Quesa

SE disassembling into Skadi makes Skadi not have a shitty build up

Slark seems poised to go from occasional counterpick to absolute monster this patch.

how many more patches until TP scrolls are free? 2?

I'm more interested in seeing when they'll remove the mana cost.

kionedrik

Cast point stuff was moderate, but not huge. However the big ones are the tornado vision, swapping of health/mana on forge spirits (the build was 4 Q, max E when E gave health, and Q gave mana, now it's opposite), and the purgeable cold snap.

All of those are slaps on the wrist, nothing major and nothing that makes it trash tier by itself. The biggest nerf I can think of is the overall nerf to push and rat strats and the seemingly intent of pushing things later, and even that is reaching for an excuse to say he got exemplary nerfs.

Wok

Arc Warden is now a monster for team fights.

Magnetic Field cooldown reduced from 50 to 35/30/25/20
Magnetic Field duration increased from 3.5/4/4.5/5 to 3.5/4.5/5.5/6.5
[...]
Spark Wraith now applies a 0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7 second purge
[...]
Tempest Double no longer has an HP/Mana cost
Tempest Double cooldown reduced from 65/60/55 to 50/40/30
Tempest Double duration reduced from 20 to 12/13/14
[...]
Strength growth increased from 1.9 to 2.3
Intelligence growth increased from 2.1 to 2.6

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
remember though magnetic field got a huge counterplay introduced--if an enemy is inside it, they don't miss. so no more just throwing it down and negating all physical damage onto a tower or on a hero (provide the enemy is nearby or melee bashing you)

Top Bottom