• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

TUSR

Banned
wings has been too busy playing rpgs and signing contracts to play dota

they will be hot n' ready for the boston major

Qvoth

Is Boston major going to be played under new journey patch?
If it truly is a huuuuge change then current trends/peaks won't matter that much I think

Smithy C

First ranked game after getting my computer back from repair. Windows updates trigger without warning. Get an abandon.

I'm getting a mac next time I need a new computer. Completely done with giving Microsoft money.

shira

dgQ5MPz.png

1st $42,500 ($8500/player[team5])
2nd $22,500 ($4500)
3rd $13,000 ($2600)
4th $10,000 ($2000) Wings
5th-6th $3,500 ($700) NP, DC
7th-8th $2,500 ($500) EHOME, Faceless

Lower Bracket Finals
EG vs OG
ZNOBjhA.png
t1479664800z4.png

Grand Finals
Winner vs VP
nzOr2hZ.png
t1479677400z4.png

1st in Summit 5
2nd in Nanyang
1st in ESL Manila
4th at WCA 2015

Idk, seems pretty fuckin' competitive to me. Certainly enough that a fair number of people had them in top 4 at TI.

It's really hard to judge those smaller tournaments.
Last place in Manila Major burned a lot of people since they were predicted to win that.

I hope this Monkey is low skill level friendly

Code:
monkey king arcana crown death
monkey king arcana crown water
monkey king arcana crown fire

Arol

Wish they would work on more Arcanas/Model Updates for more heroes alongside the new hero releases/compendium votes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Those among you not playing Pokemon, please tell me why. I'll try not to judge you.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This is literally the first good pokemon game since Gold and Silver. You haven't been fixed. Get a real fix.

Kopite

200 last hits in 25 mins. Whats the point when your Medusa hits heroes instead of racks(that you died trying to break and popping BKB to do it) and an OD that saves people you jump in on?

Should take a break. Too fucking pissed to play now.

LiQuid!

I dont want to buy another 3ds for one game that I may not even have time to play.
dac15_nosewipe.gif

Steal one. If the difficulty of retail theft has you apprehensive, take one from a child. Kids aren't very intelligent and are almost wholly defenseless. On top of that almost nobody believes them when they say stuff. Find a kid somewhere in the wild with the 3DS and just take it. What's he going to do? You can run faster and hit harder than he can. If he calls his dad just hide the 3DS in your pants and deny everything.

Hylian7

This is literally the first good pokemon game since Gold and Silver. You haven't been fixed. Get a real fix.
I disagree on that. Gen 5 was amazing.

I really love how they were willing to throw out unnecessary and dated mechanics in the game. Completely removing grid based movement was something I thought Gen 6 would have. No HMs is a godsend. The way they handle choosing if caught Pokemon are sent to the box and being able to manage their hold item right there are something needed for a long time.

I feel like the game took a lot of pages from Shin Megami Tensei IV (and I imagine other games too) such as the weakness showing after fighting the Pokemon once, being able to viewing stat modifications, and other stuff. These are all good things, especially the stat modifications.

I'm not playing gen 7 because the post game sounds boring and pokemon single players have been shit for years and getting worse. QOL changes are meh.

LiQuid!

I don't even know what gen 5 is anymore, they all blur together and they were all mostly crap, if not at the time than definitely in hindsight, after having played this one. This legitimately feels like the first real step forward for the series since it started. Sure the graphics have evolved (barely) over the years, but every one before this one has suffered from the same legacy bloat that has been handed down thru every generation since the first. I'm glad for generations 3 thru whatever the one before this is, because a lot of really great pokes have come out of them, but this is the first time in a looooooooooong while that playing one of these has felt fun rather than perfunctory.

shira

EG rekting house

I don't even know what gen 5 is anymore, they all blur together and they were all mostly crap, if not at the time than definitely in hindsight, after having played this one. This legitimately feels like the first real step forward for the series since it started. Sure the graphics have evolved (barely) over the years, but every one before this one has suffered from the same legacy bloat that has been handed down thru every generation since the first. I'm glad for generations 3 thru whatever the one before this is, because a lot of really great pokes have come out of them, but this is the first time in a looooooooooong while that playing one of these has felt fun rather than perfunctory.

Yeah this kinda feels like what Nintendo has become.
Being not awful doesn't make it good, but fans are so hungry they'll eat anything and call it A5 Kobe beef.

How has a game with more handholding than any previous pokemon game made "the first real step for the series since it started", given that the whole premise of the series is going on an adventure, rather than being shoved from dialogue box to dialogue box as the game tells you exactly where to go and when?

shira

How the fuck do people live in San Francisco. 150k an year seems little for a family of four, am i wrong?

- a LOT of homeless people: street people, people living in cars
- a LOT of people commute from other cities

Of the people I know that actually live in SF, they are either rich as fuck or living cheque to cheque with most of their salary going to rent.

LiQuid!

How has a game with more handholding than any previous pokemon game made "the first real step for the series since it started", given that the whole premise of the series is going on an adventure, rather than being shoved from dialogue box to dialogue box as the game tells you exactly where to go and when?

The level of handholding in this game doesn't really feel any higher than in previous games, just stretched out over a longer period of time (the entire first island, which took me like 12 hours to get thru cause I'm a slooow pokeymanner). Them adding a waypoint on the minimap telling you where to go doesn't make this one any more linear than the last ones. There has always been a critical path in every Pokemon game with a few pitstops off to the side, that seems to be the same here.

Anyways, most of the steps forward this one makes are what people are dismissing as mere "quality of life" improvements. I say they're more a massive refinement of the base mechanics of these games that has been long overdue. My 2 cents anyways.

Top Bottom