• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

H13

earlier today i was thinking "man, what if instead of spending 2000 hours on dota, i spent 2000 hours learning a real skill, like guitar, or a foreign language. yeah, a foreign language. like, maybe spanish"

but then i realized

Well.. u did spent ur 2000hours on fun

shira

Uz9JTfX.png

t1480068000z4.png

DreamLeague 6 Jonkoping, SWE
$175k
4: Escape, Imperial, Alliance, Liquid

Dec 3-4
t1480777200z4.png

Boston Major group stages

Dec 7-10
t1481122800z4.png

Boston Major Boston, USA
$3000K
16: Wings, DC, EG, OG, XTCN, MVP, Newbee, Ehome, NP, CoL, iGV, LGDfy, AF, VP, WGU, Faceless

Next Update - 6.89? New Journey? Monkey King? Secret Banana Hunt?
t1481615700z4.png

Dec 14-17
WCA 2016 Yinchuan, CN
$ TBD
9: Wings, iGV, Prodota, Warriors, Vega, Newbee, Vince te Ipsum, Union Gaming, TNC

Jan 5-7
ESL One Genting Genting, MY
$250k
8: Fnatic, DC, Wings, VP, NP, 3 TBD

Jan 19-22
DotaPit 5 Split, CRO
$125k
8: Wings, DC, Secret, VP, Faceless, Newbee, EG, 1 TBD

- Chinese New Year Jan 28- Feb 2
- Spring Major Open Qualifier Mar 6-9, Spring Major Regional Qualifier Mar 10-13, Spring Major LAN Event Apr 20-23
- TI7 Open Qualifier Jun 22-25, TI7 Regional Qualifier Jun 26-29, TI7 LAN Event Early Aug(?)

Arol

Glad VP took it.

Hoping for Imperial or Escape to win Dreamleague and Ad Finem to make a decent run at Boston although single elim makes it kinda shitty.

Could see VP taking it all the way. Actually with single elim could see some favorites bowing out the first day of the main event.

Pokemon X was a garbage game. I wish I hadn't played it because it retroactively ruined the fond memories I had of generation 1 and 2 Pokemon, which were the last ones I played before that.

kionedrik

i rewatched the teaser and he seems to be an agi melee carry hero that uses illusions.

I really hope he isn't. We already have TB, PL and Naga to fill that role, and to some extent AM, Jugg, CK, Luna, Drow and Morph can also be put in that group. Give us something original and not derivative.
I'm also wondering if they'll give him some sort of true strike passive or mini-bash to match the item.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Out of town for 5 weeks so no Dota for me (laptop gaming yuck). Got my Vita with Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions both of which I've played partially but never finished. That or ima pick up a 3ds with the new pokemans (I hate everyone who has ever called it that in real life).

Out of town for 5 weeks so no Dota for me (laptop gaming yuck). Got my Vita with Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions both of which I've played partially but never finished. That or ima pick up a 3ds with the new pokemans (I hate everyone who has ever called it that in real life).
WTF are you doing for 5 weeks? Are you military?

G.ZZZ

I thought you were one of the good guys...

I followed RTZ when he spammed puck and TA and had like 30 viewers and rumours floated around saying that he played mid vs CTY and went even.

The rumors about him on NAdota were insane.

Also i wish i could say that i witnessed his famous orb buyback triplekill on puck live, but sadly i didn't. I didn't have enough faith.

EDIT: OMG i summoned the lord he's streaming PogChamp

Risible

Dota 2 matching algorithm is so fucking balls.

Listen, I'm no MLG Pro. But I know I'm not a total fucking dumpster fire either.

Yet every game of randos is either stomp or be stomped. Last game was 2-24 before one of them finally abandoned and spared me the agony. For the record I was something like 1-2-1 when I left.

It seems like the algorithm doesn't take skill levels into account AT ALL. Half the time I feel like I'm playing with people that have never played the game in their lives.

Dota 2 matching algorithm is so fucking balls.

Listen, I'm no MLG Pro. But I know I'm not a total fucking dumpster fire either.

Yet every game of randos is either stomp or be stomped. Last game was 2-24 before one of them finally abandoned and spared me the agony. For the record I was something like 1-2-1 when I left.

It seems like the algorithm doesn't take skill levels into account AT ALL. Half the time I feel like I'm playing with people that have never played the game in their lives.

Pretty sure the algorithm takes skill levels into account. Unfortunately it's using MMR as the measurement of skill.

Top Bottom