• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Red UFO

Time to get my Christmas playlists ready for pubbin'.

Jingle bells, Slark smells, Phoenix laid an egg.

Queen-Elizabeth-II.gif

Arol

Just saw there's a new esports agency.

I don't get the point of all these different esports agencies.

Doesn't Valve have all the talent by the balls if they simply choose to not invite them?

I don't get how they work exactly or what negotiating power they have.

Just saw there's a new esports agency.

I don't get the point of all these different esports agencies.

Doesn't Valve have all the talent by the balls if they simply choose to not invite them?

I don't get how they work exactly or what negotiating power they have.
Studios benefit from being grouped together because it helps them to negotiate contracts (you want person Y, then take X and Z as well), as well as offering more stability to the casters in part due to the easier negotiations, but also the fact they might have less personal responsibility to push their brand and publish content constantly. There's probably more to it, but those are the big things I think of.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I pugged with Hearthstone Legend player Procarbine and #1 Bear NA Artanisix for a bit of heroic EN, up to heroic TV. Just a group of 6-8 cores with randos we picked up during raids.

Granted we weren't exactly recruiting, being a community from other games.

rofl

Arol

Studios benefit from being grouped together because it helps them to negotiate contracts (you want person Y, then take X and Z as well), as well as offering more stability to the casters in part due to the easier negotiations, but also the fact they might have less personal responsibility to push their brand and publish content constantly. There's probably more to it, but those are the big things I think of.

That makes sense. Curious what the percent cut is, if any. Feels like a few of them actually do make decent money at it.

But yeah I'm not familiar with talent agencies in other markets not regarding esports either so it maybe it's just my unfamiliarity in general.

Kard8p3

Any1 in here taken any electrical courses? I need help with an assignment, I feel like a fuckin retard. Thank god I changed my major
FailFish.png

Watching the FNATIC segment is fucking painful.

Yea it's pretty brutal. I think the issue is the team never meshed properly. You can tell Mushi/Ohaiyo and Nico/Raven/Demon were never playing the same style. I think Demon should have been calling the shots more--he's a better drafter than Mushi as well imo.

"i'm their idol"- mushi 2016
holy fucking shit, the arrogance of this guy

Raven literally said Mushi was his all time favorite player and both of the guys from TNC originally continually said they didn't want to disappoint Mushi.

EDIT: Nevermind he's a whiney bitch. Jimmy trying to get everyone's spirits up and Mushi's like "fuck this".

Qvoth

i think if mushi wants to succeed, he needs to have a team of no names/new pros, so nobody can challenge his leadership
edit: well jimmy's still defending mushi, i guess it is unfair to judge based on a 50 minutes doc, but i mean everyone will basically have the mindset that mushi's a terrible leader now

7w0FwIl.png

i think if mushi wants to succeed, he needs to have a team of no names/new pros, so nobody can challenge his leadership

His english isn't good enough (none of theirs was except Jimmy of course) so I'd say more than anything he needs a team of up and coming players from Malaysia.

EDIT: I don't think Mushi's a terrible leader. Leading teams in any game is hard. I played competitive CS1.6 for like 7 years including running 4 or 5 different teams--it's a lot of stress, and losing is frustrating. If you only take clips following losses of course the leader is going to look the harshest. The only thing I think looked cancerous was when he just gave up and told Jimmy to start drafting. Although it was the right call (arguably) it still looks bad since 2 of the guys were basically kids that looked up to Mushi. It probably made them feel like he didn't care or was so disappointed he had checked out.

Qvoth

His english isn't good enough (none of theirs was except Jimmy of course) so I'd say more than anything he needs a team of up and coming players from Malaysia.

yeah that, maybe just make a team of 5 chinese/cantonese speakers (dunno which language mushi is more fluent at)

Lotto

new sets continue to look like hot garbage

i've never been so disinterested in dota 2 in a long time. the grass and tree movement in the new autumn map was sick tho

Just watched True Sight ep 2. Maybe it's just me being a JADED OLD FART but man I could not stand to be on the same team as these guys. Mushi's just toxic like crazy, and the EG boys so damn cocky.

Twookie

Man FUCK Square enix. Preordered FFXV in march, and they still couldnt make it so I get the game on launch. Funny thing is, I still haven't gotten it yet and I doubt I'll get it today too. Other people on twitter have the same issue too.

I'm so goddamn frustrated, man. Jdjslslskjsbdnslaisjs

Man FUCK Square enix. Preordered FFXV in march, and they still couldnt make it so I get the game on launch. Funny thing is, I still haven't gotten it yet and I doubt I'll get it today too. Other people on twitter have the same issue too.

I'm so goddamn frustrated, man. Jdjslslskjsbdnslaisjs

I went to the store on release day and got the special edition
And I still didn't open it 4Head

Top Bottom