• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

kionedrik

Why does Sheever keep getting invited? She's below average in everything (hosting, analysis, interviewer, etc). I can understand that they want some kind of female representation in an otherwise all male cast, but there's better female talent out there honestly (thinking of Anne personally). At least just come out and be honest that she only gets the job because of her pretty face.
I also can't understand how some of the regular boys keep getting invited but that's a whole other mess.

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. As long as they keep me entertained during breaks I won't complain much tbh.

Arol

The only new people there are the host and Fogged I think. I thought they wanted to try out more new talent.

Surprised that Anne chick isn't there as well.

Honestly hoping they are able to get players on the panel after the first round since it's single elimination.

The only new people there are the host and Fogged I think. I thought they wanted to try out more new talent.

Surprised that Anne chick isn't there as well.

Honestly hoping they are able to get players on the panel after the first round since it's single elimination.

Fogged isn't new. Not sure if he's gotten the chance to commentate an actual major though. I imagine he'll just be on the desk.

~12 hours according to japan twitter

oh really?

I'm glad I paid half price for my copy then. I didn't know "short" and "JRPG" could ever be a thing.

edit: oh you were kidding. People are still on chapter 1 after 10 hours.

Sheever's fine. She's better than GoDz, Purge, Slacks, Tobi, in terms of being actually enjoyable to listen to regardless of content.

Agreed. She's come a very long way over the years. I'm a fan now.

oh really?

I'm glad I paid half price for my copy then. I didn't know "short" and "JRPG" could ever be a thing.

edit: oh you were kidding. People are still on chapter 1 after 10 hours.

Agreed. She's come a very long way over the years. I'm a fan now.

Not sure about 12 hours but last I heard you can clear the main story under 20 hours.

Low Tier
7a5b4bcd18.png

whew lads my journey begins

I don't know if you've ever played a Pokémon game in your life but they're typically around the 25-30 hours range which is short for a JRPG.
No, sir. Never played Pokemon.

In fact, I believe the last JRPG I finished (not bought but finished) was FFX back when it launched on the PS3. It's been a long time. 40-60 hours is my usual expectation.

Not kidding.

Seems like there's a lot of side quest content, but reviews on the quality of that seem mixed.

woof.

Well I'm sure I'll get more than 10 hours out of it. I tend towards exploring things because I hate missing details. I treat SP games like fine wine. That is to say, I'm never in a rush and enjoy it to the end.

Baha

Sheever does her homework when it comes to predicting which heroes certain teams will draft. It's one of the few things I feel she doesn't get enough credit for. As a panelist/interviewer, she's pretty solid too imo.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If those 10 hours are good, I think I'd be happy. It's a bit amusing that it took 10 years to make a 10 hour game though. It was supposed to be a spinoff/side game to FFXIII though.

Sibylus

Banned
Sheever is fun and puts the work in. Deserves to be there more than a lot of nerd bois who can hardly dress themselves who just coast on having been there forever.

Arol

Tbh thought they were going to get Day9 when they said they wanted to try out new talent.

Especially after the dude started playing some casual Dota.

She's been grinding for years and deserves to be where she is at.
Worked a hell of a lot harder than basically anyone in the casting scene. Sheever would take basically every gig that no one else would do for years and then suffer through a horribly sexist and generally insufferable chat during crazy hours where she definitely didn't get much sleep just to cast dota and make sure games got cast.

Frankly, anyone who thinks Sheever didn't work her ass off to get where she is either doesn't know what they're talking about, or is being deliberately obtuse as fuck.

inkls

i dont pick him vs omniknight, and i've never found much usage for diffussal outside of that. Rather hurricane/orchid/mjolnir/sblade

hero's fun and i have alot of room for improvement.

I've also found it useful vs Medusa. Main draw was mostly that you get the mana drain you'd normally get on a melee hero that also has a manta style. While with arc you get it with only a diffusal purchase. It's def a sit item tho.

kionedrik

She's been grinding for years and deserves to be where she is at.

I never questioned her merit (although that particular sentence can be interpreted like that), all I said is that IMO there's better talent out there, male and female. Sometimes, no matter how hard you work, you won't reach the same proficiency level others do.

I do however agree that she's better than some of the chronic male talent that keeps getting invited, which is a statement of the sad state of affairs surrounding who gets invited and why.

Wok

i dont pick him vs omniknight, and i've never found much usage for diffussal outside of that. Rather hurricane/orchid/mjolnir/sblade

hero's fun and i have alot of room for improvement.

So do you try to double forcestaff the opponent out of position using Hurricane Pike and Shadow Blade?

Qvoth

this visa thing is getting quite ridiculous
imagine if this is the international and not a major, how would you feel if you're denied it?
really hope valve is actually helping behind the scenes

Madn

How does valve not have the papers for the visa ready for a direct invite team? Execration are apparently blaming valve for this

Top Bottom