• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Hey Hylian are you gonna be able to create IHL4 for the new patch or wha? Would be pretty sweet for everyone to play some games together it being the holiday season n all ^_^

Yazzees

so if just looking at NA and EU (non-CIS) is dota growing/shrinking/plateauing

something i really wonder about since only a fraction of my list plays it nowadays compared to 3 years ago

Hylian7

Hey Hylian are you gonna be able to create IHL4 for the new patch or wha? Would be pretty sweet for everyone to play some games together it being the holiday season n all ^_^

To be honest I have become super busy in my life and it was something that I have put on the backburner.

If I can I'd like to do it on the new patch for sure...not that there's much of a choice at this point anyway.

Speaking of the holidays though, I know people will be going out of town (meaning away from their computers that they play Dota on), so would it be better to start it in December or January?

Oh please it's not even going to be that cold.

Early December in Boston is far from a frozen tundra.

Boston:

e8oDJXx.png

Where I am:

AiwDMPN.png

So I'mma let you finish, but it's fucking cold in Boston. I'm from Ohio and I'm a Skiier; I know what 20s and 30s feels like bruh. Can't fool me.

So I'mma let you finish, but it's fucking cold in Boston. I'm from Ohio and I'm a Skiier; I know what 20s and 30s feels like bruh. Can't fool me.

It's cold but it's not some major fuck up by Valve that people have to wear a jacket in the city they choose for the Major.

Maybe some mittens if you get real chilly.

inkls

Man, it's only -6 Celsius at worst. Thats like autumn temperature. If it was -40 like last February, then I'd understand, but this is slightly cold.

shira

Boston:

eoDJXx.png

Where I am:

AiwDMPN.png

Imperial system
bounty-wag.gif

It's like yall in the stone age

just you. fuck December in Boston.

Why they didn't hold this shit in Miami metro given the time of year is beyond me.

Let any US city (north, central, south) host Majors in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Winter should belong to southern US cities when they want to do one in the US. Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Austin (?), New Orleans, Phoenix, LA, San Diego all have above average venues and hotel accommodations.

big ez

***** Compendium bracket predictions are due 1.5 hour before the days matches start
t1481117400z1.png

The fact that you're in a colder place, or that the cold bothers you less, doesn't change the fact that others find Boston cold.

Man being back home in Singapore means I won't really be able to watch the Boston matches :(

I honestly would've tried to attend if it was in NOLA. I've wanted to go on a holiday to there for ages for the food alone (probably would avoid most of the rest of the deep south mind you)

Kopite

The fact that you're in a colder place, or that the cold bothers you less, doesn't change the fact that others find Boston cold.

Man being back home in Singapore means I won't really be able to watch the Boston matches :(
I've been staying up till 9AM lol.

It's gonna suck when I start working soon
anuxi_mirana.gif

Gaaraz

Any thoughts on how to effectively play Bristleback please? I enjoy playing as him for the most part since he's fairly tanky and simple to play as (only two easy to learn abilities) but find as each game goes on I get less and less effective, and have only a 45% win rate with him.

Last night for example I had a build with Treads, Vanguard (building into Abyssal), Aquila, Heart & Blademail and still got absolutely wrecked by their PA and Ursa.

Maybe I should just play different heroes. ^_^

Red UFO

Any thoughts on how to effectively play Bristleback please? I enjoy playing as him for the most part since he's fairly tanky and simple to play as (only two easy to learn abilities) but find as each game goes on I get less and less effective, and have only a 45% win rate with him.

Last night for example I had a build with Treads, Vanguard (building into Abyssal), Aquila, Heart & Blademail and still got absolutely wrecked by their PA and Ursa.

Maybe I should just play different heroes. ^_^
Play a different hero.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I actually am enjoying the format as well. Most be nerve-wracking as hell knowing there is no lower bracket to fall back to.

I actually am enjoying the format as well. Most be nerve-wracking as hell knowing there is no lower bracket to fall back to.

I like the fact that everyone plays Bo3, but I feel like the first day is stacked compared to the second, and the groups were kind of comically stacked. DC could not have asked for an easier path. Only had to beat LGD.fy and WGU to win their group, and now play Faceless first, which means in my mind their first match against a T1 team comes in Quarter-Finals.

Any thoughts on how to effectively play Bristleback please?

Bristle's one of my comfort heroes, I normally play him as a greedy offlaner. Normal build I go is Tangoes, Salve, Stout Shield, Mango, Ironwood Branches, then Treads -> Magic Wand -> Vanguard -> Echo Sabre -> Basher -> Abyssal. From there I like Octarine, because Octarine goes so well with spamming your skills/Warpath getting more stacks/decreased cooldown on basher/echo sabre procs, but it's definitely super greedy. Blademail is good, as is AC. If you prefer to get your team to push with you rushing Greaves first is ok, but I think the other item build is generally better.

General tips: Bristle's pretty good at ensuring you get decent CS even in the offlane. Bristleback passive from level 2 onwards makes you pretty hard to kill, and you can CS relatively safely even with just 1 point in Quill Spray. At level 3 I normally have 2 points in Quill Spray and one in Bristleback. At 4, if I think I can get a kill I'll get a point in Goo, otherwise I'll get more points in Bristleback. As a rough guide: if you manage to get 2-3 quill spray stacks on the enemy, have a healthy amount of mana, and they aren't backing up, don't have a mobility skill like blink, and you have boots, you should be able to chase the guy down with goo and quill sprays and kill him. Make sure to account if the enemy has stick charges from you spamming your skills though!

Once you get Wand/Vanguard, you're pretty tanky, so try to get your team to fight with you as the frontliner. Bristle thrives in long, drawn out engagements, so try to spray the enemies a bit, look like you're backing up/draw the opponents back into your team, turn back around, etc.

Things to look out for: Heroes that build Silver Edge (losing Bristleback passive hurts and throws off your ability to calculate how aggressive you can be), heroes that make you face them (i.e. Axe and LC), and heroes that kill your mana (KOTL, AM, Invoker, etc).

The M.O.B

Still waiting for Valve to put some effort into the battle pass and put their millions of dollars into an iOS/Android App. Missed bracket predictions and 2 days of fantasy doter already. I don't play much so i would have loved to make those points.

Artanisix

Still waiting for Valve to put some effort into the battle pass and put their millions of dollars into an iOS/Android App. Missed bracket predictions and 2 days of fantasy doter already. I don't play much so i would have loved to make those points.

A mobile app would be pretty sweet, not gonna lie. The mobile app for WoW was a serious game changer for me.

Yeah, same. I always forget lol.

shira

Messaged Bruno:
What can I buy at the secret shop this weekend?
There is Boston Major gear similar to Manila Major.
Black with green logos. Hats and shirt/hoodies
And lots of TI6 stuff

Also series are scheduled to start 20 minutes after the last one ended, so the time estimates are not going to be right.

Top Bottom