• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

G.ZZZ

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/5gma3v/1_week_left_lads/datfksh/

jugg-dizzy.gif

RTZ to babyrage to eternity and back, more gold for ending streaks and shit i guess.

Twookie

lowerlevel pubs are going to be worse most likely if you cannot carry, not sure I like

going to be better for high level play for sure

wildly excited for the patch though, give it to me

Chris R

wait, do raid repairs really cost that much? I should sell gold if that's the case, several hundred k just kicking around

wait, do raid repairs really cost that much? I should sell gold if that's the case, several hundred k just kicking around

you gotta understand I basically only played to raid and PVP, neither of which makes much money. repairs can got a few hundred gold.

Also i hadn't played since early cata so I don't have stores of gold from MoP inflation.

Hylian7

"Among the things that are being nerfed is the ability for any one carry to be able to win the game for their team,"

legit ehh at that. how do you nerf that without making lategame carries useless

Making other roles be able to have more impact. Yeah, if you have no carry, you're still fucked, but you need the rest of your team too. I am eager to see this patch.

I thought version numbers start over with new developer?

We're on 6.88, 12 more patches and Icefrog's out of patches, so might as well just jump to 7.00 now.

shira

"Among the things that are being nerfed is the ability for any one carry to be able to win the game for their team,"

legit ehh at that. how do you nerf that without making lategame carries useless
-Massive gold/experience bonus for teamfight/building damage
-vice versa. Solo kills or rat less effective.
-aura/team fight items buffed
-experience increases with time everyone gets level 25 in a typical 25-35 minute game
-support items like wards and smokes are free, but on timer cooldown

wards and smokes being free would be an interesting change, i kinda like it.
I've been wanting this for a while. Making wards free would be such a great change for the game. There's some trouble with the implementation though; making wards free means that gold now gets spent on sentries, and more sentries means wards are less effective. The only solution I could think of is creating a new 'anti-ward' sentry that is also free, and making it so that sentry wards no longer de-ward. I'd be really surprised if wards are free though, unless icefrog has some interesting new ideas.

kionedrik

so 3pm/4pm for us EU folks. thanks

I've been wanting this for a while. Making wards free would be such a great change for the game. There's some trouble with the implementation though; making wards free means that gold now gets spent on sentries, and more sentries means wards are less effective. The only solution I could think of is creating a new 'anti-ward' sentry that is also free, and making it so that sentry wards no longer de-ward. I'd be really surprised if wards are free though, unless icefrog has some interesting new ideas.

it would be simpler to just cap the number of sentries you can buy.

extra inventory slot for wards, gem aura becomes buff that gets passed to the killer if user dies, crimson/pipe rework to have a weaker active but stronger aura, another vlads rework

the new aghses will be cute

personally I just want to see good heroes like br00 and elder titan buffed.

Kard8p3

I just hope Riki doesn't get thrown into the dumpster in the new patch he's literally the only hero I play now a days (occasionally BH)

kionedrik

Invis heroes run wild! I feel like i've thought this through pretty well.

I wasn't thinking of a 1:1 equity. Perhaps 4 sentries at the start and they have 50% or 75% faster recharge rate than observers. They could also have a wider detection range plus gem could be cheaper.
Anyway we'll just have to wait to see what the madman comes up with.

Hylian7

wards and smokes being free would be an interesting change, i kinda like it.

Why? Wouldn't that be just a major jump in power to supports? While I understand buffing supports, I don't know if that's the way to do it.

This would be absolutely broken for sentries and dust unless they were on a cooldown like smoke and obs are. Even then I feel like it's a stretch because they will ALWAYS have detection. Shadow Blade/Silver Edge/Glimmer Cape are going to be extremely weakened, as that first fight you show up with it and the other team doesn't know you have it, there's no question anymore on whether to bring dust or not, there's literally no reason not to now unless your farm is crazy off the charts and you have too many items.

I'm curious why you think that would benefit the game.

You play fighting games. What do you make of Marvel Super Heroes 2 minus assists?

The versus games were 2v2 until MvC2, so there's actually been more games with 2v2 then 3v3. The 3v3 format also moved the controls away from the traditional 3 punches 3 kicks controls system, which was hard for me to get used too. I'd be more interested in 2v2, but then again I'm sure I'd only be playing a versus game super casually as opposed to hard core competitive, so maybe I'm not the target audience anymore.

Also going to be away from home when the Dota patch hits. Much sadness.

Top Bottom