• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/winning?date=patch_7.01

necro-gum.gif
I gotta get my ass out of low prio and play my favorite hero before he gets dumpstered again

DrPizza

Banned
7.00 performance is killing me. I've gone from solid 60fps (v-synced) to 30 or below. And Volvo isn't doing a damn thing about it.

Hylian7

So glad shop hotkeys as back and improved for the most part (numbers are labeled in grid view now).

My only beef is that it still didn't work with side shop. I often used it for quick purchases from there.

The hotkeys used to be set up like this.
QWER - Basic items
ASDFGH - Upgrade items
ZX - Side shop (not currently working)
C - secret shop

New UI makes the shop nicer too. Having the numbers (and other characters) labeled on the left really takes out the guesswork trying to quickly buy or shift queue an item.

I noticed this last night, and I am pretty sure it has been there in 7.00, but if you click on a teammate, you can see what item they have shift queued, showing the pieces.

Also Centaur is amazing with his talents. Every single one of them is extremely good for the hero.

I would like hotkeys to level talents to. How about Ctrl+U (U was old level stats hotkey), then J/K to pick left or right talent?

Twookie

Damn that visage nerf hit him hard, his birds die like instantly now. (΄◉◞౪◟◉`)

Icefrog let visage have a positive winrate for a week before he dumpstered him xd

Nephilim

Banned
Ok so im playing bot matches to learn and this old sniper dude was kicking my ass

gonna be a while learning this -_-

you cant port back can you?

also whats an easy character to learn with?

Gaaraz

Awesome! Thank you, that's a super useful way to track my progress across each patch.

I'm happy about this because Necro is one of the few heroes I'm okay with, but I'm also dreading the incoming inevitable nerf :(

Ok so im playing bot matches to learn and this old sniper dude was kicking my ass

gonna be a while learning this -_-

you cant port back can you?

also whats an easy character to learn with?

You can teleport to any friendly structure by using a teleportation scroll.

Wraith king is an easy hero to learn with because he only has 1 active skill and he is pretty hard to kill.

Gaaraz

How's monkey King after the nerfs? Still OP or manageable?
48% win rate implies he's more manageable, though from my own experience if he gets good farm early on and he's being controlled by someone who knows what he's doing, he can still be almost unplayable.

Another hero where if he's shut down early on, he really struggles to come back into it.

Gaaraz

As far as I know it's only from Necro's own healing powers? But I could be wrong.

It definitely works with his Q, Mek, Arcane Boots, Greaves etc.

it amplifies your healing and magic dmg you take while slowing.

So either when you chase, when vs a rightclicker.
Lol i was expect aging yesterday a poor lifestealer who got dumpstered by a necro. Couldn't hit him and used rage during the time. Necro had blade mail, octarine and aghs. As soon as he hit 50% hp he died.

Lol i was expect aging yesterday a poor lifestealer who got dumpstered by a necro. Couldn't hit him and used rage during the time. Necro had blade mail, octarine and aghs. As soon as he hit 50% hp he died.
Yeah I've had some fun with a blade mail, aghs, atos, windlace build for necro that gets you a pretty early octarine. You just kite and Regen until you scythe them, so fun.

shira

Reminders

Steam sale
t1482429600z1.png

True sight 3
t1482451200z4.png

Yeah I've had some fun with a blade mail, aghs, atos, windlace build for necro that gets you a pretty early octarine. You just kite and Regen until you scythe them, so fun.

I kinda wanna see rtz get astral'd then scythe'd
oAQATbR.png

I really enjoy playing jakiro and lesh at the moment for some reason.

both are fun for different reasons

junkiro gets aether/blink (yes blink) and sits in the back zoning and doing aoe cc like crazy and then pushes like a two-headed lycan on meth

lesh prances around like twobear puking rainbows as everyone underestimates the damage, doesn't get a bkb, and melts

Lesh still strong idk why people abandoned en masse. Fads and flash trends are weird.

Is there no way to make the HP/Mana bars for allies in the top UI permanent? It's small enough to seem like a nice addition without having to press Alt to see it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish I knew how to work on things like positional/situational awareness. All these games later and I'm still so bad at it. I'm never paying close enough attention to other lanes. My positioning around engagements is usually pretty bad unless I'm specifically the aggressor. I got called out for it in a ranked game last night and I didn't even try to argue with the dude, he was right, I whiffed a giftwrapped opportunity to get a kill and I do that often.

kionedrik

Since a lot of you own a 3DS I think there's no real harm in asking. Is there any Minecraft-like game for that thing, particularly something a 10yo girl would like.

@Shira, when's the next big tournament? Or at least something with bug names.

I played 1 game when reborn launched, and haven't touched it since outside of watching TI6

I did not do all of my ranked placement matches, but I've done all 10 since 7.00 came out

got 2.7-2.8 solo, I am aware this makes me a trash person

Any groups on GAF needing a mediocre support player?

Top Bottom