• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

KingKong

I think half their dialogue was just giving speeches to each other, maybe if they had any chemistry like the TFA actors it would have been better

I'm having quite a lot of success this patch. I'm not too sure why. How are the rest of you adapting?

Winrate consistent but the patch is not fun. You gotta fight all the time, else you are probably wasting your time and doing it wrong. This patch has cost the game some depth.

Breads

Banned
I only play AR, ARDM, and AD (played Dota for over a decade and my favorite mode was Danite's Hell, don't judge me) so I haven't seen too many Wukongs.

I finally saw one hit lvl 25.

Those Q initiates that 1 shot supports/ ints don't feel right.

Chris R

Well I did end up playing a game

Sven bitched all game about having no farm and Axe jumped in 1v5 the entire game.

All Random might be the way to go from now on lol

Well I did end up playing a game

Sven bitched all game about having no farm and Axe jumped in 1v5 the entire game.

All Random might be the way to go from now on lol

I got into low prio for abandoning that Mirana game (see my picture) and stuck with Single Draft ever since. It's quite a bit more enjoyable.

Did they completely get rid of that mini popup window when you click on other things? I can see how it would kinda get in the way, but I was kinda into it for last hitting.

Ketch

i checked my dota buff and I haven't played since dec 7th 2014.

I played two games today as luna. won one, lost one. both games no supports. at least the first game i had a duo with me, but he didn't do shit.

2nd game i got a triple kill, felt good.

not sure if i'll keep playing or not.

I still have many of my pre 7.00 habits (which is not good) so I sometimes tend to be on the exact other side of the map of my friends because I hate sharing farm. This leads to me being the only one pushing the T1 or T2 in that lane I'm in (which was always the case) but now gets answered by a 3-5 man gank response every single time zzzzz

Red UFO

Game is quite a bit more enjoyable since 7.01

I still have many of my pre 7.00 habits (which is not good) so I sometimes tend to be on the exact other side of the map of my friends because I hate sharing farm. This leads to me being the only one pushing the T1 or T2 in that lane I'm in (which was always the case) but now gets answered by a 3-5 man gank response every single time zzzzz
Maybe you should try adapting instead of trying to fit a square peg into a triangle hole.
IkgAh4z.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

afk farming is game losing in this patch imo. if you take a fight and can do it you have to push a tower. you also have to defend your towers when they group up to take them. part of this is because if you don't defend your towers at all, they can get a healthy gold bump after destroying your T2s by also taking the shrines (150+150+150 gold from destroying the t2s, basically, if you sit around flaccidly waiting for them to push your shit down without defending). the game is very fight focused, but it's also very objective focused. i've been trying to concentrate on towers the past few days and my games are going much better.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious if things like Pudge's Rot and Centaur's Double Edge also cancels potions.
IIRC Rot level 1 does not cause enough damage in one instance to break a consumable unless Pudge attacks you and he can also salve himself through it.

woodland

I'm curious if things like Pudge's Rot and Centaur's Double Edge also cancels potions.

Before they fixed/made creeps split from unseen/reachable damage sources, it used to be possible to rot/salve while smoked and jungle Pudge. Edit: Obvs up to a certain level.

Game was at its prime then man.

Also LP is fucking amazing so you guys are missing out. Also this patch is still horseshit, take me back to 6.79

Hylian7

people that doesn't know how to write in english should go back to school.
I'm sure you're just the friendliest in your games to people that don't speak the same language as you.

It has been mentioned in here that this patch is more about fighting than farming, but I would argue it is about even. You cannot forget to farm and expect to win. You shouldn't just give away towers either, but at the same time if no one else is going to help you defend one, and you would be throwing bodies at it 2v5, then you should let it go.

I think an issue with this patch for pubs is often lack of help when the other team attempts something. About half of the time teammates will respond correctly, but others you have times where your safelane is getting dived by 3-4 heroes and you aren't getting any more help. It gets very frustrating. At the very least, if no one is coming to help you, they need to be accomplishing something. Maybe it is just killing the enemy in lane because you know they will get no help, or just pushing towers.

Farming is still important though, but you just can't ignore the rest of the map.

pompidu

Welp ability draft is completely fucked now. That game modes useless. Some hereos keep ultis so now you can have two. Fuck this is my favorite game mode.

Strider

Just played my first game as techies finally... Took over their jungle and won with ease and toward the end 4 of the enemies abandoned... I've seen the light

yolo.gif
yolo.gif
yolo.gif

Arcana purchase incoming

Top Bottom