• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Pretty sure it was in the middle of game 2 and they complained of lag.

Matthew Bailey ‏@Cyborgmatt
The fall back to a local server will be done if required however that is the nuclear option (potential unstable) & also means no DotaTV etc.

Matthew Bailey ‏@Cyborgmatt
It appears that the EU servers are having some stability issues which is impacting the @DotaPit finals. FeelsBadMan

inkls

pls tell me that dragon lance LD build isn't gonna become meta...

NotLikeThis.png

Zafir

Honestly I was playing on EU West and there was some really weird lag. You'd hit a creep, see it die and the money notification would come up a second later instead of appearing straight away. Weird stuff like that.

If they're getting the same, it's no surprise it's paused.

shira

Honestly I was playing on EU West and there was some really weird lag. You'd hit a creep, see it die and the money notification would come up a second later instead of appearing straight away. Weird stuff like that.

If they're getting the same, it's no surprise it's paused.

Well somebody is going to have to make a decision on what happens it's 11 PM and they need to play 2-4 more games.

Chris R

First game of DotaPit that I've seen, but I like what I'm seeing. Crazieness almost all the time.

Also, I'm gonna have to try to cancel my POTM Statue order :( Gonna try to move out of state this year, need that $$$ But if I can't cancel it, I guess the mount should be able to sell for that amount in steam bucks :\

First game of DotaPit that I've seen, but I like what I'm seeing. Crazieness almost all the time.

Also, I'm gonna have to try to cancel my POTM Statue order :( Gonna try to move out of state this year, need that $$$ But if I can't cancel it, I guess the mount should be able to sell for that amount in steam bucks :\

just sell it on eBay and make sure you have eBay protection for sale cause you will be scammed

LD is just fucking disgusting. Or, RTZ makes him look disgusting.

whats with the notail hate? algo, arteezy is just ridiculous on that lone.

Gotta be honest: Notail's sniper build was hella questionable and it's why his item progression stopped. He tried to go back for a Hurricane Pike @ 45+ because he realized that he mismanaged his itemization prioritizing blink over force staff. He really needed a force staff/pike. He was getting blown up in fights becuase he couldn't force staff himself away and EG's abilities were oppressing his blink ability.

Further, Pike is essential on sniper because he REALLY needs the increased auto attack range. It's not really an optional item purchase. The extra 100 range of whatever from Dragon Lance would have been the difference between him getting caught in BH and not a couple of times. I'm very disappointed in him even though I wanted EG to win. S4 played his ass off, but everyone else shammed late game.

Edit: Someone get Sumail a fucking sandwich. He's a walking skeleton.

inkls

Hey inkls your favorite LD build won a LAN

I'm so sad. That build is everything I despise about most pet class. The bear is no longer a hero, he's a glorified stun now :(

No way the hero keeps that talent in the future.

Legit this patch is making me sad. Arc warden is GARBAGE. Storm ult cancelled by root while ember's isn't? Lone druid play style opposite of what I love about the hero. QE invoker worse than QW. Skywrath picked more.

I'm so sad. That build is everything I despise about most pet class. The bear is no longer a hero, he's a glorified stun now :(

No way the hero keeps that talent in the future.

Legit this patch is making me sad. Arc warden is GARBAGE. Storm ult cancelled by root while ember's isn't? Lone druid play style opposite of what I love about the hero. QE invoker worse than QW. Skywrath picked more.
wait what. root doesn't cancel fastfire(i can't remember the name)? thats bullshit.

shira

*So basically pro doto is shutting down CNY 1.5 weeks. But lul we get back. [A] vs C9, Navi vs Secret, Wanted (PPD stack) vs DC. Also I guess CNY hats/Spring battlepass?

Dates of Interest
Chinese New Year Jan 28- Feb 2
Mirana Statue ships Jan 31
IHL 4 Draft Feb 3

Pro Dota Results
- Jan 20-22 DotaPit 5 1. EG 2. OG 3. FL
- Jan 14-15 DAC 2017 iG, VGJ, LFY, iGV qualify for LAN
- Jan 12-15 WESG: 1. TNC 2. C9 3. [A]
- Jan 5-7 ESL Genting 1. DC 2. NB 3. VP/Wings

February
Feb 3-13 DAC 2017 Regional Qualifier (SEA, EU, NA, CIS)

Feb 23-26
SLi Season 3 Shanghai, CN
$300k
8: Wings, iGV, VGJ, 5 TBD

March
Mar 6-9 Kiev Major Open Qualifier
Mar 10-13 Kiev Major Regional Qualifier

Mar 28-Apr 4
DAC 2017 Shanghai, CN
$500k
12: Wings, OG, EG, NB, iG, VGJ, LFY, iGV, 4 TBD

April
Apr 20-23 Kiev Major

May

June
TI7 Open Qualifier Jun 22-25
TI7 Regional Qualifier Jun 26-29

July

August
TI7 LAN Early Aug(?)

?
EPICENTER 2017 Moscow, RU
?
?

If you can't cancel your order your best bet would be to sell the digital hat on lootmarket.com and then sell the statue on ebay/amazon. You lose 18-20% but it's real money instead of steambux.

Did anyone get euls on underlord during dotapit. I got it once and it was pretty helpful for keeping one hero in the pit for longer.
The build seems to be for tank (GG into pipe)

inkls

wait what. root doesn't cancel fastfire(i can't remember the name)? thats bullshit.

Yeah, Ember ult and morphling remnant aren't stopped by root when you'd think if there was an ability that should be stopped by root it should be one with an instant cast activation like those two. But hey some people on reddit think storm ult has no cast time, less mana cost than ember's ult and have never heard of an ember spirit defensive remnant.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah, Ember ult and morphling remnant aren't stopped by root when you'd think if there was an ability that should be stopped by root it should be one with an instant cast activation like those two. But hey some people on reddit think storm ult has no cast time, less mana cost than ember's ult and have never heard of an ember spirit defensive remnant.

spirit breaker can also ult out of root, i believe

Strider

I just kinda figured they ditched any event stuff for battle passes but I guess I could see a new year event + jugg arcana patch... Then a battle pass in 1-2 months. That would makes sense.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
man, just this weekend i learned that you can skin steam and it's actually so much easier on the eyes. good feature.

yea i think when they refreshed the look of steam years back they removed it for a while, idk when they added it back but i'm glad they did

Top Bottom