• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

I guess. It's not like they're really reworking the various things that need displaying. I mean there's newer stuff like scan, extra bag spaces, talent trees, but most of those seem pretty minor. They could have a "core" ui with all the required things and then offer customization in the periphery for things like stats.

like, i'd agree with you except for the fact they're constantly redesigning the UI and just trashing resources. like, why not just use the old designs as optional implementations.

Trust me, it may seem trivial but things are always way more complicated than it looks. It's not about "throwing away work" with regards to the old designs, it's more that you now have to bear the cost of making sure those things never break with any new change you want to do. The less dependencies you have on old crap, the easier it is to make changes quickly and efficiently.

Of course, with that argument taken to the extreme one could conceivably say "Well than why bother doing any new changes at all, just make everything right the first time around and you won't have to change anything", but the problem is that it's pretty much impossible to get everything right the first time around.

It's always a balancing act between trying to give your customers what they want without killing yourselves in the process.

Trust me, it may seem trivial but things are always way more complicated than it looks. It's not about "throwing away work" with regards to the old designs, it's more that you now have to bear the cost of making sure those things never break with any new change you want to do. The less dependencies you have on old crap, the easier it is to make changes quickly and efficiently.

Of course, with that argument taken to the extreme one could conceivably say "Well than why bother doing any new changes at all, just make everything right the first time around and you won't have to change anything", but the problem is that it's pretty much impossible to get everything right the first time around.

It's always a balancing act between trying to give your customers what they want without killing yourselves in the process.
idk, man. You know more about this than I do for obvious reasons, but it just seems so odd to me to limit the UI the way they do if they're going to constantly experiment with random shit.

shira

QPPyG6k.jpg

Format is double elimination
- Bo5 Grand Final
- Bo3 all Upper Bracket
- Bo1 elimination all Lower Bracket

Day 3 (Blue)
- Six matches
- Four Bo1 elimination, One Bo3, One Bo5 Grand Final

*scheduled times are by no means accurate, there have been multiple long pauses
t1485075600z1.png

1. iG vs Secret (Bo1)

t1485079200z1.png

2. Faceless vs VP (Bo1)

t1485082800z1.png

3. Winner 1 vs Winner 2 (Bo1)

t1485086400z1.png

4. OG vs EG (Bo3)

t1485097200z1.png

5. Winner 3 vs Loser 4 (Bo1)

t1485100800z1.png

6. Winner 4 vs Winner 5 (Bo5)

G303 is simple, elegant, and functional, I love it for cs. Can't speak on the 403.

I've seen kinda mixed reviews on the 303, oddly. Any chance you've used a G400 (the old ass one) in the past? Trying to gauge the weight difference since I've found heavier mice are much more to my taste.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
that was some extremely suspect playing from OG. especially notail. standing next to the rosh pit trying to fight her own disrupted illusions? notail sis they do almost twice as much damage as you deal to them.....

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the thing about OG is that they probably don't care about small meaningless tournaments like this and are saving their biggest and best strats for the important tournaments i.e. majors so they aren't really putting in their best effort
eli_zps0932edf9aqr8e.gif

Top Bottom