• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

i dont know why they seem opposed to having different UI options. Like, maybe I want a stat panel with a proper backing that i can read at a glance, and maybe someone else wants it integrated in to the sleeker UI. Why not have both since they've designed a million fucking revisions?

Probably because it's more work to support different versions of UI.

It's frustrating that they need player feedback to tell that this this is ugly and unacceptable:

N5dA7OW.png

This just looks like fucking garbage. Just add a few pixel width to the god damned UI and put some boxes around this shit. Add a fucking stat panel back, stats are too important to the game, this isn't fucking HOTS.

they should do it like League. Add a drawer that can be extended/retracted so you can see all of the important basic stats.

edit: like this http://imgur.com/a/277sq

League uses a drawer like this that extends out if desired and it shows in about that same amount of space: physical damage, magical damage, armor, magic resist, attack speed, cooldown reduction %, crit chance, and movespeed.

Just a simple icon and the number. I feel like the dota 2 UI is already designed for it with those little extensions on the sides of the center UI.

With this, you could also move KDA and CS count to where the move speed and damage stuff are in the current iteration of the UI. Now all of the relevant information is right there in the bottom UI.

Qvoth

just finished watching faceless eg game 1, man that was beautiful pudge play by black
p0QHO.gif

game 2 seems hopeless, just end and go next game :/

They pushed the new UI update to be main client directly instead of the test? Lol good shit valve Reddit already posting several bugs and even game breaking bugs.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Every new patch there's a hero that I see with crazy pick ban rates that I don't quite get why. This patch it's Slardar. Anybody wanna give me a quick rundown?

bbd23

Every new patch there's a hero that I see with crazy pick ban rates that I don't quite get why. This patch it's Slardar. Anybody wanna give me a quick rundown?

I assume its because he doesnt really need much to be effective in a game. Just needs his blink and he can start setting up ganks with crush and because theres more fighting this patch his crush seems to be pretty good due to its low cooldown. also amp is always nice to have...especially against rosh!

Red UFO

Crush is a great, low-cooldown AOE stun that's strong at all stages of game and good for the early fighting we see now. Amp damage is also really good at turning around early fights, and also good at bringing farmed carrys down to a more manageable level.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I assume its because he doesnt really need much to be effective in a game. Just needs his blink and he can start setting up ganks with crush and because theres more fighting this patch his crush seems to be pretty good due to its low cooldown. also amp is always nice to have...especially against rosh!

Hmm for a while there you were describing like half the hero roster. I agree with all + amp is good for Rosh but I guess I just don't get why he got so shit hot in the meta. He did all those things back in 6.xx too and he didn't see nearly as much play. I guess pro teams just got wow'd by the new model and figured he was a new, OP hero or something.

inkls

they should do it like League. Add a drawer that can be extended/retracted so you can see all of the important basic stats.

edit: like this http://imgur.com/a/277sq

League uses a drawer like this that extends out if desired and it shows in about that same amount of space: physical damage, magical damage, armor, magic resist, attack speed, cooldown reduction %, crit chance, and movespeed.

Just a simple icon and the number. I feel like the dota 2 UI is already designed for it with those little extensions on the sides of the center UI.

With this, you could also move KDA and CS count to where the move speed and damage stuff are in the current iteration of the UI. Now all of the relevant information is right there in the bottom UI.

Issue is when spectating on twitch or watching youtube videos. Like when the UI got introduced you had to hold alt to see kda and lh/denies. Super annoying as a spectator because you couldnt see those stats while watching.

If there's one thing I've learned in my years watching Dota 2, it's that anytime the analysts don't like a draft that team is gonna win easily.

Kard8p3

This motherfucker said "I don't appreciate you following me around" to my supervisor after she caught him stuffing shit in his bag 👀

Kard8p3

Did he try to say he was setup or something? Or did he try to deny the drinks ever existed. Kinda hard to say it didn't happen when they find them in your bag.

She never asked to see his bag, just in case he decided to put them back, didn't want to risk her job. She's gonna make sure from now on he puts his bag with us cashiers though.

Yazzees

There is an internet law that states that any thread where a lot of non-dota players discuss dota will inevitably devolve into a shitfest about whether PA is too RNG-based for the entire game to be a legitimate esport.

shira

Secret pick waifu commander?

There is an internet law that states that any thread where a lot of non-dota players discuss dota will inevitably devolve into a shitfest about whether PA is too RNG-based for the entire game to be a legitimate esport.

I have never heard that argument.

inkls

EG arent fooling around after that game 2

Link?

Probably because it's more work to support different versions of UI.
I guess. It's not like they're really reworking the various things that need displaying. I mean there's newer stuff like scan, extra bag spaces, talent trees, but most of those seem pretty minor. They could have a "core" ui with all the required things and then offer customization in the periphery for things like stats.
Can't sell UI hats if you can customize it.
like, i'd agree with you except for the fact they're constantly redesigning the UI and just trashing resources. like, why not just use the old designs as optional implementations.

Top Bottom