• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Red UFO

This is why Dota 2 turned to a trash fire.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BloodyEntertainingHyenaDerp

I complained about this type of crap when battle passes first became a thing and got shit on by all you marks. History has proven me right. All they care about is Dota printing money, they don't give a damn about the game itself.
It goes away when the potential winnings text goes away at the like, -30 second mark.

Not ideal but I can't say it's impacted the game in any meaningful way for me.

Jerry

I've not been able to keep up with the meta recently, which heroes have come out well in 7.03?

I hear slardar and centaur are good, any others?

once you begin to realise valve is arsenal, their glory days behind them and theyve turned into a mediocre gaming company - games lack polish, actual content and all that, you begin to make peace with and remember the happier times.

theyre gonna make mediocre tech and poor gaming decisions, writing has been on the wall for so long.

Twookie

Sniper, OD, LD(?), Jugg, Alch, Invoker and SF are some top tier Mids this patch

I'm not sure how much the patch hurt LD honestly
apart from making his Bear build even worse

Comes with custom death ward

But my Ribbi'tar...

But this ward.

But the money.

:(

Sniper, OD, LD(?), Jugg, Alch, Invoker and SF are some top tier Mids this patch

I'm not sure how much the patch hurt LD honestly
apart from making his Bear build even worse

Don't forget Ember Spirit and to a lesser extent, Vengeful Spirit as well.

With talent trees and a carry focus they are absurd.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It goes away when the potential winnings text goes away at the like, -30 second mark.

Not ideal but I can't say it's impacted the game in any meaningful way for me.

It's symbolic of a larger issue, man. Or something.

Ketch

As a casual observer I find it frustrating as hell to find vods of recent matches. Like isn't/wasn't there a major just going on? Where should I go to watch it?

I complained about this type of crap when battle passes first became a thing and got shit on by all you marks. History has proven me right. All they care about is Dota printing money, they don't give a damn about the game itself.

To be fair: This is a bug. I'm sure they'll fix it now that they're aware of it. Also, please trust me when I say this: if the goal was to make money, there are other industries you could go into that are much more lucrative than games. Sure, Dota being a huge hit makes it somewhat of an exception, but on the whole game jobs tend to pay less and have longer hours. As naive as this sounds most of the people who work in games actually do it because they like games.

Dota is bad cause i cant click on the middle top of the screen during the least important 30 seconds of the game.

Reven

Finally busted out of the 700mmr quagmire I was stuck in for months and should hopefully be into the 900's today or tomorrow. May not be much to some of you guys but still feels really good.

Kopite

One day youll get to 4k :)
Can't wait to be able to call people 3k trash.
pwou69d.gif

Low Tier
Honestly current dota's pretty cool. If you have issues with it you were probably never good enough at dota to understand it in the first place ~_~

But I understand this is casual community full of casual players
laugh.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
this meta is neither my favourite or my least favourite tbh

now that it's calmed down from the 5 people in one lane at minute 3 pub meta of the first two or three weeks at least

best meta ofc was the 2 week period when phoenix was popular :'(

Hylian7

* Lone Druid: Level 15 Talent increased from +30 Spirit Bear Damage to +50

Now this is moving in the right direction. The sooner Lone Druid is back to being played in a manner that is not a boring ranged core, the better.

Also no more slippers in side shop... Curious to see how little PMS will be bought now, if at all anymore. I have a hard time seeing it bought anymore because it requires a courier to.

Reven

Yeah removing slippers from side really sucks, but happy to see changes to NP and Lycan. Seems like they want to change the meta back towards split pushing which I'm happy with.

Twookie

rip poor man's shield :/

phoenix buffs are hella nice, thanks frog

that qop buff is just ??? to me, don't think it is going to do anything at all

Hylian7

rip poor man's shield :/

phoenix buffs are hella nice, thanks frog

that qop buff is just ??? to me, don't think it is going to do anything at all
I think the QoP one is "That cast point beyond tenths bothered me, I'll fix it"

I don't think it was intended to be a buff because it is so inconsequential.

Twookie

I think the QoP one is "That cast point beyond tenths bothered me, I'll fix it"

I don't think it was intended to be a buff because it is so inconsequential.

I'm not so sure, that spell has gotten has gotten a buff these 3 last patches

I think IF really wants people to pick the reduced CD talent over lifesteal or atleast make it so it's more of a viable choice

I think that talent is still garbo compared to 70% spellsteal imo
kunk-rum.gif

Hylian7

I'm not so sure, that spell has gotten has gotten a buff these 3 last patches

I think IF really wants people to pick the reduced CD talent over lifesteal or atleast make it so it's more of a viable choice

I think that talent is still garbo compared to 70% spellsteal imo
kunk-rum.gif
Then in that case, I have a hard time how a change of less 0.1s cast point will change anything.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If any of you corny motherfuckers isn't watching Legion why do you hate the literal best television show of all time?

Then in that case, I have a hard time how a change of less 0.1s cast point will change anything.

For what it's worth the Math works out that you can have something like 9 active Shadow Strikes instead of 8, so I suppose it's a buff? The 0.052 seemed kind of arbitrary anyway.

Top Bottom