• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Yeah I stopped buying the compendium once I realize that in a year, those items will be cents on the dollar
Valve got smart and started making untradable/unmarketable rewards

https://twitter.com/syndereNDota/status/904779215459033088 said:
Getting back with an old friend and some new faces for this season:

1 @EraDota
2 @HzMage
3 @jonassomfan
4 @Handsken1
5 myself
lul

VG transfer summary
Sylar to VGJ
igznccbldsjz.jpg

Chris R

Gaaaahhh two shitty games today

edit: Also, I don't like Tinker. AR game, mid got robbed by puck so I ancient jungled until my bots lul

Hylian7

Gaaaahhh two shitty games today

edit: Also, I don't like Tinker. AR game, mid got robbed by puck so I ancient jungled until my bots lul
I'm glad ancient farming with March is a thing again. Granted you can't really do the shit could when it was composite (or mixed? I forget) damage, but still a nice little way to farm.

Aghs is great, but I honestly miss the days of the mechanical skill Sheep Dagon builds. Being able to permanently sheep and blow up a farmed carry was satisfying.

team had pugna + drow vs riki + jugg + ember... team refused to push and bought midas despite I literally screamed at them.

I think I'm expecting too much from 3k mmr bracket

pompidu

team had pugna + drow vs riki + jugg + ember... team refused to push and bought midas despite I literally screamed at them.

I think I'm expecting too much from 3k mmr bracket

Sometimes people like to farm for 30 mins even if it's against the best interest of the team. Some people just like to 'check out' when they play and just kinda do whatever. Unfortunately those games will happen and hopefully next time your teammates will be more responsive.

Chris R

I'm glad ancient farming with March is a thing again. Granted you can't really do the shit could when it was composite (or mixed? I forget) damage, but still a nice little way to farm.

Aghs is great, but I honestly miss the days of the mechanical skill Sheep Dagon builds. Being able to permanently sheep and blow up a farmed carry was satisfying.

Got my bots at min 12 going nulls+soul+bots. Not good, but as soon as I saw my lane was stolen I had to do something that didn't involve robbing off tide of a lane. Granted, they could have jungled just as well as I did but they didn't feed solo off vs Pugna/Storm so I'll give them props for that.

After that my farm picked up, but I'm not good on tinker since I don't do it much. We probably should have won but my clinkz wasn't ratting enough so I had no good Bots 2 target except for team fights.

Fuchsdh

If they go the wisp route, won't it be impossible to get the Rubick arcana later? That was the actual reason I went in on this year's compendium. :/

They probably will. Valve clearly did the math and realized it made far more sense to lock down items, especially the prestige ones.

It's kind of weird to remember when I first got into Dota 2 how much more stuff could be traded; I don't even remember marketing limitations.

Hylian7

buff techies

rubick is a chump.
Ur a chump

Why hasn't Valve listened to Reddit yet and done something to make Rubick's spells look different from the original hero? I've had plenty of times where I walked through the wrong Macopyre, Ice Wall, Midnight Pulse, Pit of Malice, etc. It's one of those things I'm surprised Valve hasn't listened on yet, since Rubick has been in the game for years and this has been an issue all that time.

I saw a suggestion a few years ago to make Rubick's version of the spells all have a green and black color scheme to them. I think this would work for everyone except Pugna, Viper, and other heroes with similar colors. For those they could just invert the greens and blacks, so Nether Ward would be almost all black.

traveler

Not Wario
Changing Rubicks spell visuals is a balance/gameplay change and not just a quality of life change. That was the one anti Rubick arcana argument I actually agreed with. As such, it might actually be intended that the visuals are confusing, both to allies and enemies.

If they go the wisp route, won't it be impossible to get the Rubick arcana later? That was the actual reason I went in on this year's compendium. :/

I won't lose any sleep over not having the companion cube. I don't think I've played Wisp but perhaps twice in all my years of DotA.

Valve will continue to make money from arcana like Zeus' or Jugg's.

There was a time when I was hunting down Drow's WETA Butterfly just for the in-game item. Good times!

Hylian7

they probably only did the wisp shit so he wouldnt get meme voted to number 1 again.
But if he was just a "meme vote", why did they make it anyway?

Does that make Rubick a "meme vote"?

At least the last two years, these arcana votes have just been one side calling the other "meme votes". I really don't get it.

Quesa

At least the last two years, these arcana votes have just been one side calling the other "meme votes". I really don't get it.

It's very simple. In the Dota (and others') community, oftentimes memes = things I don't like.

buff techies

A lot of people voted on rubick cause they like playing rubick. People voted wisp cause they thought it would be funny if a hero with no hat potential won.

Hylian7

Purge confirmed in his Vlog that we all know the name of the "fairy hero", so it's Sylph.

Purge also knows the name of the Pangolin, and he seems to think they might change it. He saw both of them with names before they were announced when he was writing strings for the noob stream.

Chris R

Huskar Dazzle is a fun combo, even if I only saved his ass with grave once.

Ended up saving Timber and PA more, and Weave+Crest let the PA just MELT the other team.

Fuchsdh

Huskar Dazzle is a fun combo, even if I only saved his ass with grave once.

Ended up saving Timber and PA more, and Weave+Crest let the PA just MELT the other team.

I love playing Dazzle, but I'm absolutely terrible with him. Never survive long enough to pull off enough clutch saves for everyone else.

Currently grinding my way back up to 3K with that Treant - Veno - CM combo.

Chris R

I love playing Dazzle, but I'm absolutely terrible with him. Never survive long enough to pull off enough clutch saves for everyone else.

Currently grinding my way back up to 3K with that Treant - Veno - CM combo.

His cast range is pretty insane with the talent. I had no real problem getting stuff off, but like I said I only could save Huskar once or twice. He was just a bit divey :(

Top Bottom