• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

tumblr_nj9tm2bJAW1tmu6lvo1_540.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, is there any Rumor for where Aui is going to end up?

I kinda think he will build a new team under the Cloud9 banner, but there is nothing to back that notion.

I know that the running joke on GAF that folks talk about games more than they actually play them, but DotA 2 might be an instance where talking would be more..."respectable."

Like,it's less of a time investment to post than play.

Fuchsdh

I'm really regretting using all those rank double-downs, because it has come back to hose me. I'm all the way down to 1.9K and having a hell of a time getting back to my pre-International 2.7 level.

Playing games where a team with a tinker and a PL are getting out-ratted by a windranger. Jesus.

Saprol

I know that the running joke on GAF that folks talk about games more than they actually play them, but DotA 2 might be an instance where talking would be more..."respectable."

dealing with assholes in team games is tiring. even in games with shorter match times like HOTS or OW.

Twookie

apparently the internal test client is being updated - dueling fates soon?
"Last time it got updated around a week before Siltbreaker Act II came out."
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/6xp2s3/looks_like_the_intern_test_for_the_duelling_fates/

give me pangolin man right meow icU

I def talk more than I play, but I still play the game every week. I don't really run into assholes that often so that's not my reason for not playing, my reason however is that Dota is a pretty intensive game and sometimes games don't go like you want to and you get one of these games for example where you get stuck in 60+ min games that feels pretty shit to play in.

shira

Reddit rumors
Sylar to VG
Agressif to ftd
Ritsu/747 to isGG ccnc/yawar out
Blazemon/mld to Alliance
Chappie/rodjer to Navi

So I'm blessed enough to have already be in high 3k/low 4k. I decided to play ranked instead of non ranked. Whoever made that suggestion, thanks. You were correct. Ranked games are WAY better.

Won 3/4 of my games. The one loss, I had a first-pick PL on my team who instantly got countered with ES and Sven. "I play DotA for fun" they said. I gave them hell for it.

Nobody is playing at this MMR and higher "for fun." If you know enough about the game to find yourself here, you almost certainly have a love/hate relationship with DotA, lol. It's why I had to step away from a year. It was impacting me IRL.

all that tells me is that techies needs more buffs, if the player was that good with a currently underpowered champion then a properly balanced one would have meant a shorter game for you

buff techies 2k17

also: buff doom

Cant help but think that anyone joining coL is basically selling their soul... for nothing

coL didn't look too terrible during the TI NA Qualifiers. They for some reason just couldn't finish of WW. I think Freedom is going to be way weaker going forward, and with Planet Odd and NP/C9 out of the mix coL could grab some decent players and make a good run. I think Aui would be a solid fit for coL honestly.

Played with a random who was pretty good so I added him as a friend.

Proceeded to lose the next 4 games with him. They were all trash games, too with 0% chance of winning.

Unfriended.

shira

Chinese shuffle

Pro Doto Dates
Majors & Minors said:
Next tournaments:
BTS King's Cup America - ONLINE
Prize is direct invite to BTS 8 MINOR
8: Col, DC, DCSA, isGG, infamous, leviathan, +2
OQ: Sep 4, League play: Sep 6, Playoffs: Sep 19th & 20th

wyk said:
SLi Invitational 3 - MINOR
$300k USD
8: +2 invites, +6 RQ
t1507705200z1.png

wyk said:
Bucharest - MINOR
$300k USD
8: EG, LGD, +6 RQ
http://dota2minor.pglesports.com/
t1508414400z1.png

ESL Hamburg - MAJOR
$1M USD
8: +2 invites, +6 RQ
t1509274800z4.png

Fuchsdh

nah fuck techies. I lost a 1hr30min game the previous day because of him.

Which is a problem. Techies mostly just turns games that would be lost into games that you lose that much later. Was playing a game where a guy went Techies mid and even then we destroyed the other team. The only reason they were able to eventually win was because our Techies was an idiot, even by techies standards (didn't mine up our high ground... at all.) But it still lasted 15–20 minutes longer than it would have with another feeding hero. He needs to be able to do something besides just prolong games, but his current skillset and stats doesn't really allow that. If he was tankier you could at least use him as a pusher more.

52club

Which is a problem. Techies mostly just turns games that would be lost into games that you lose that much later. Was playing a game where a guy went Techies mid and even then we destroyed the other team. The only reason they were able to eventually win was because our Techies was an idiot, even by techies standards (didn't mine up our high ground... at all.) But it still lasted 15–20 minutes longer than it would have with another feeding hero. He needs to be able to do something besides just prolong games, but his current skillset and stats doesn't really allow that. If he was tankier you could at least use him as a pusher more.

A good techies is game winning with a lineup that can go late. Realizing you are up against a good techies in a heavy melee lineup is one of the worst feelings.

god I just remembered Pudge won the arcana vote.

what an awful game

Pudge is the most popular Legacy hero of all time next to techies.

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner!

Monkey King got in Arcana when he was brought over, but not pit Lord or Arc Warden?

Hylian7

Pudge is the most popular Legacy hero of all time next to techies.

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner!

Monkey King got in Arcana when he was brought over, but not pit Lord or Arc Warden?

Pudge has enough cool cosmetic shit to the point where you effectively can have a DIY Arcana.

Rubick doesn't, #rubickwasrobbed.

Top Bottom