• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

sleep.gif

t1504202400z1.png

I think ability draft is one of the worst modes ever conceived in DotA and does a disservice to the game just as DOTA itself did a disservice to vanilla Warcraft 3 by literally killing its host game. Practically every hour you spent there is straight trash.

A lot of what I feel is the most important part of learning the game can only be developed by actually playing the game: map awareness.

It cannot be taught, but it must be learned.

Does the mid queen of pain have boots? TP scroll? If you are a carry in the safe Lane, how long do you think it will take for her to get to you once she goes AFK? Is the offline suddenly passive after aggressively denying your Spectre every last hit? Are they suddenly being aggressive after giving you everything for free?

The timer is about to hit the even number Mark. What kind of shenanigans are you anticipating with time spawns? Did you remember to stack the nearest jungle Creek at the 54 second Mark or are you blocking the spawn to get that Ursa to come out and play?

You are playing support and you notice that the wards have expired. What phase of the game is it? Where are you going to put your Wards without getting caught?

Hell if you are playing Carry and the wards are not up, put them up yourself! Better to lose 75 gold and stay alive then to waste 250 + to death!

If you can't see Riki or Gondar, assume they are following you.

Is there not a single hero on your minimap? You are about to get smoked!

The number of scenarios are endless, especially if freaking Spirit breaker is on the map and he has Shadow Blade. When I play that hero, I don't charge across the map like most people do. I TP to the closest point of my target before charging.

Ward wars suck.

That was pretty intense... Been turning my losing streak around. Purge has been a big help.

Big-E

I have been noticing that in games that I have been losing as a carry, it has been because I could not handle a fed mid on the other team. I would be able to not miss much last hits, but have had to deal with mids that were 3 to 4 levels higher than me while I hit level 6. The last time this happened, a mid meepo just wrecked me late game. What is the solution to this as a carry? Rotate to mid earlier if you know mid is getting blown up or just farm harder?

I have been noticing that in games that I have been losing as a carry, it has been because I could not handle a fed mid on the other team. I would be able to not miss much last hits, but have had to deal with mids that were 3 to 4 levels higher than me while I hit level 6. The last time this happened, a mid meepo just wrecked me late game. What is the solution to this as a carry? Rotate to mid earlier if you know mid is getting blown up or just farm harder?

Don't pick super lategame carry like AM or Spec and get a carry that comes online faster.

Razor, Viper, Drow, Clinkz, DK, Ursa, Lycan, for example.

My boys CK never fail me when i'm looking for a strong early game carry. Just get an Armlet and Drums early and wreck the enemy mid. Get Manta and take towers for free.

Pick an offlane and crush their carry.. do onto others etc..

My boys CK never fail me when i'm looking for a strong early game carry. Just get an Armlet and Drums early and wreck the enemy mid. Get Manta and take towers for free.

CK is alot of fun if you can get a solid footing in the game.

Nothing more satisfying than ulting up and murdering the enemy team one by one.

Hylian7

CK is alot of fun if you can get a solid footing in the game.

Nothing more satisfying than ulting up and murdering the enemy team one by one.

I'd have to say that what's more satisfying is mana voiding a farmed Storm Spirit with his team next to him.

That pop!
invoker-gdlk.gif

Letting the game go late and the 120 gpm ck is unstoppable in dumpster tier.

I've never picked that one. I always think the extra stats at 20 are almost perfectly timed to when CK can ball out of control. But maybe if you are up against someone like Earth Shaker and you are forced to go late game the extra GPM might work too!

And speaking of ES...

I'd have to say that what's more satisfying is mana voiding a farmed Storm Spirit with his team next to him.

That pop!
invoker-gdlk.gif

For me nothing beats the feeling of hitting that perfect Echo Slam.

That hype video referencing Jordan...

Hopefully Fear isn't Jordan on the Wizards.

Jordan on the Wizards was still the best player on that team though.

Yeah, CK...not gonna lie, when someone picks him, I honestly have no idea how to counter. Axe? IDK. Those images hit so hard.

52club

Jordan on the Wizards was still the best player on that team though.

Yeah, CK...not gonna lie, when someone picks him, I honestly have no idea how to counter. Axe? IDK. Those images hit so hard.

Love Jordan, but that second year a 28 year old Stackhouse was on that team. Either way it wasn't a great way for him to go out.

Twookie

guess lgdamefan/ccnc leaks were 100% true

Fnatic: ee/xcalibur/ohaiyo/dj/pie ✔
EG: arteezy/sumail/universe/crit/fear✔
OG: notail/reso/s4/jerax/fly✔

only these three left now, hurry the fuck up with your announcements, thanks

ppd team: pj/ccnc/zai/misery/ppd
Secret: ace/midone/fata/yapzor/puppey
DC: mason/abed/mss/bulba/moonmeander

Yazzees

where did this "MOBAs are just easier RTS" meme-argument come from among all the genre haters

it's so fucking stupid i don't even bother

Legacy my ass...

They are going to crumble... leading to a speed gaming reunion

BeliEEve

NA looks as underwhelming as last season.. OG has potential they need to get rid of trash daddy though

This peederp stack might go somewhere depending on their pos1.. man this season is shit for the west

shira

Holy shit in China each franchise is now required to have a mini home stadium with seating and booths. For leagues teams will have HOME and AWAY games
https://mobile.twitter.com/LGDgaming/status/903627922367406080

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/6xf72k/lgd_is_building_its_own_esports_arena_in_hangzhou/ said:
Hiya. That's actually something every Chinese team playing in the LPL must do coming next split. Franchising system takes root, games will be HOME and AWAY and basically every team will need to do this: LGD, VG, Newbee, EDG, iG, WE etc. You need to have an "arena" where to host your home games when other teams travel to face you.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Holy shit in China each franchise is now required to have a mini home stadium with seating and booths. For leagues teams will have HOME and AWAY games
https://mobile.twitter.com/LGDgaming/status/903627922367406080

Note, this is due to rules with Tencent's League of Legends Pro League (LPL). Not to sure how much this will impact Dota, but I guess it will give a bunch of arenas to play tournaments in.

I really don't think Franchise Systems are going to work out in a sport where teams have 5 players each, but I guess we will find out.

shira

Note, this is due to rules with Tencent's League of Legends Pro League (LPL). Not to sure how much this will impact Dota, but I guess it will give a bunch of arenas to play tournaments in.

I really don't think Franchise Systems are going to work out in a sport where teams have 5 players each, but I guess we will find out.
Each franchise has like 3-4 youth or keen teams

Top Bottom