• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Luigi |OT| Your Prescription To Fun Just As Long As You Have Fever Or The Chills!

zroid

Banned
Pretty dead OT, lol. Anyway, Nintendo Life reviewed it. 7/10

Dr. Luigi is a fun, if overly familiar puzzle game that will satisfy anyone who knows what they're getting when they download it from the eShop. While we would have liked a little more variety and some more twists for Luigi's puzzle début on Wii U, Dr. Luigi is a good way to end the Year of the Tall Green Brother. It's a simple, clear experience with strong gameplay that reminds us why we love the Mario Bros. in the first place.

HUELEN10

Pretty dead OT.
Nah, I was waiting for more reviews. Anywho, posted all 5 I could find, so check them out. Remember, there's still a week left for the art contest, so make a submission!

As for the game, been playing Operation l locally; it's so fun! My friend and I then played Retro Remedy and Dr Mario Online Rx, and we found a bi difference. In Dr. Mario, you pick a speed and it says there. In Dr. Luigi, it ramps up after a few minutes. At higher levels, it wasn't so much who cleared first like in Dr. Mario, but who loses last. We thought that was interesting.

HUELEN10

I'm not familiar wit the Dr. games, and it all looks to me very...tetris. How is this different from tetris?
In Tetris, the object is to clear lines by filling them in completely horizontally before making everything reach to the top. If it reaches the top, it's game over.

In the Dr. Mario/Wario/Luigi series, the main mode is all about eliminating floating objects in a playing field by lining 4 of the same color horizontally or vertically. It is quite different, but it is much closer to Tetris than say Yoshi's Cookie or Puzzle League.

schlew

drluigi.jpg

Here's my submission for the art contest.

I really, really love this game. My wife and I have been playing it constantly. It's a struggle to get a win in against her, but fun none the less.

pitt_norton

out in japan now too.

i am sad that the mii's for online multi presence are absent, but i hope they may be integrated back in a future update patch.... unlikely though ha.

the lack of the side character art for the classic viruses does not concern me. i've just set the vials to contain the new virus assets... looks nice. after all it is a dr luigi, not dr. mario.

good times.

monlo

GB quicklook made it seem pretty hectic. And, fuck that music man. It's been stuck in my head for 20+ years now

HUELEN10

Was playing this online for like 3 hours last night, fun times! Operation L is quite the high-stakes game on a higher difficulty, but have any of you played it at virus count 00? Try it with a friend, you may be surprised. I updated the OT with a couple new reviews as well. Remember, the contest for 10 USD at the eShop ENDS TONIGHT, so get an entry in if you're interested!

schlew

My wife has prepared me for the competition online.

I can't seem to convince her to do it herself, but as her protege, I think I'm doing pretty well for myself.

I'm not getting win after win, but my victories outnumber my losses.

I'm focusing in on Operation L, but I bet I could carry my weight in plain ol' Dr. Mario.

But really, if I can convince my wife to pop online, she'd tear shit up.

Also...did I win the art competition by default? Cool! :p

HUELEN10

My wife has prepared me for the competition online.

I can't seem to convince her to do it herself, but as her protege, I think I'm doing pretty well for myself.

I'm not getting win after win, but my victories outnumber my losses.

I'm focusing in on Operation L, but I bet I could carry my weight in plain ol' Dr. Mario.

But really, if I can convince my wife to pop online, she'd tear shit up.

Also...did I win the art competition by default? Cool! :p

Indeed you did! Sad that there weren't more entries, but I'm glad to have a winner nonetheless. Check your PM! For transparency's sake, I will say publicly that your prize will be mailed no sooner than the 22nd (due to transport and holiday), and no later than the 24th. Thanks for playing!

And thus, here is the Gallery's one and only entry, and our winner!

drluigi.jpg

yes its finally a reasonable price in Europe (although I bought it with the Dr Mario Virtual console offer)

Dr. Luigi is €9.99 from Thursday.

the only con in this game is that one player has to use the gamepad.

I'm not a hater of the gamepad by any means. I just hate it when it mirrors the TV.

My number one request in an updated model is to have a screen off/black switch.

but yeah Dr Luigi is awesome.

Top Bottom