• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Truant

Himuro said:
Zeliard says it's noticable enough that he bumped it to Hard.

I think it's a bit easier, in that it's a bit more balanced. Pre-patch this game was a rollercoaster of difficulty.

Kosma

Banned
This werewolf hideout is killing me. Maybe I should have gone to Redcliff first.

I love how the game is tough but fair, your decisions really matter.

Jayge

Tobor said:
Wait Wynne is the mage from the Ostragar campsite? Did I already miss the party opportunity?
Only if you haven't been to the mage's tower.

Does that need to be spoilered? I wanna be careful about this shit.

LCfiner

Tobor said:
Wait Wynne is the mage from the Ostragar campsite? Did I already miss the party opportunity?

circle of magi quest. you’re OK since I don’t think you’ve done it yet. (since you’re not bitching about The Fucking Fade yet)

holy shit. beaten 3 times. :lol

markot

Banned
Heh, just checked my save folder, cause I thought 'hmm bioware should upload this too instead of just screen shots!' but mines already like 250mb >.> 82 saves in like 17 hours!

Tobor

Cool. I don't want to miss anybody.

/wipes brow.

LCfiner said:
circle of magi quest. you’re OK since I don’t think you’ve done it yet. (since you’re not bitching about The Fucking Fade yet)

holy shit. beaten 3 times. :lol

Heh, not yet. I'm sinking some serious hours in this weekend, though. Fade bitching incoming.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Does anyone know if we can redeem DLC codes via the Marketplace link?

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx

I've been trying to login to the Bioware servers so I can redeem my DLC codes for the last hour or so. "Temporarily Unavailable" is the only error message I get. I was able to login on Tuesday night, but since then I've never been able to login in the evening.

The only reason this matters is that the game forces you to connect to Bioware's servers to download DLC.

The redeem codes link on the Marketplace should work theoretically, but I'm a coward and don't want to lose my dlc. Has anyone tried redeeming their dlc at the Marketplace?

Zeliard

There better be some twist in the Circle of Magi quest if you're playing a Mage.

Like, you're excused from entering the Fade. That would fucking rock.

Mindlog

Relix said:
How can I make Wynne to automatically revive downed allies?

There's no command for that in her tactics guide?

Next playthrough I am going to try and be as hands off as possible and win simply through the tactics menu.

Tobor

luxarific said:
Does anyone know if we can redeem DLC codes via the Marketplace link?

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx

I've been trying to login to the Bioware servers so I can redeem my DLC codes for the last hour or so. "Temporarily Unavailable" is the only error message I get. I was able to login on Tuesday night, but since then I've never been able to login in the evening.

The only reason this matters is that the game forces you to connect to Bioware's servers to download DLC.

The redeem codes link on the Marketplace should work theoretically, but I'm a coward and don't want to lose my dlc. Has anyone tried redeeming their dlc at the Marketplace?

It doesn't work. I tried it and got the "code invalid" error. The EA codes aren't even formatted like normal MS codes.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Tobor said:
It doesn't work. I tried it and got the "code invalid" error. The EA codes aren't even formatted like normal MS codes.

Bleagh, ok, thanks for the confirmation. No Lion's Paw boots until the morning it seems.

Zeliard

Xamdou said:
Just got the control rod from a merchant so where am I suppose to go to get the shale golem?

There should be a new area on your world map, towards the lower left. The symbol resembles, well, a Golem.

LCfiner

markot said:
What was wrong with the fade bit >_>? I thought it was fun.

eh, the fade is just ugly to look at plus the
constant shapeshifting
is a bit tiresome. I also dislike quests that
separate you from your party and make you find them again

I don’t hate the quest but I hate the look of it and I really just want to get back to Redcliffe asap.

Himuro said:
How should I outfit my rogue? I'm not sure if this uses D&D rules. Can I outfit my rogue with armor (including stuff like handguards, helmets;etc) or should I stick with leather?

I’m no expert but there was a discussion earlier stating that the heavier armor will increase the fatigue level of the rogue to the point where your stamina drops a bit fast and you might not be able to perform as many techniques as you would like.

Jayge

Himuro said:
How should I outfit my rogue? I'm not sure if this uses D&D rules. Can I outfit my rogue with armor (including stuff like handguards, helmets;etc) or should I stick with leather?
I've been sticking with leather and chainmail mostly (chainmail when the armor is better by a large margin and leather when I find good leather stuff with dex bonuses). I don't think there's any real heavy detriment for archers. When you unlock your mastery in a skill set I think that does away with any of them anyway.

Tobor

Himuro said:

The heavier the armor, the higher the fatigue penalty, which cuts into your stamina and limits your abilities. You want the fatigue penalty to stay as low as possible while staying protected, so leather is your best bet.

EDIT: Dammit, LC! :lol

@Jayge, I looked at chainmail but the penalty seemed too high.

Xamdou

Zeliard said:
There should be a new area on your world map, towards the lower left. The symbol resembles, well, a Golem.

I see thanks!

I am currently only lvl 8 and the inventory is Maxed out already...

Alex

Himuro said:
How the heck do I install this white teeth mod? :D

"My documents/bioware/dragon age/packages/core/override /textures/high" (you will probably have to create the relevant subfolders)

It may also work if you just put them in "My documents/bioware/dragon age/packages/core/override/" but I haven't tested this."

I just tested it, works great. TOOTHPASTE FTW

Sorry I don't know much about this game. Do you pick an origin story, and then complete the game from there? Because I have started the game twice now just to check out some story, and I'm about to start a 3rd time. How does it work exactly? To see each story do you have to beat it 6 times?

jabipun

Is there a potion out there that does heal - all? Or can you only use a potion on one character - being hte character that you're controlling.

Also, how long is this game?

One outlet said 'doing everything' takes about 100 hours.

And another said doing mostly the main quest and a good chunk (though not all) side quests takes 50 to 70.

hermit7

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Sorry I don't know much about this game. Do you pick an origin story, and then complete the game from there? Because I have started the game twice now just to check out some story, and I'm about to start a 3rd time. How does it work exactly? To see each story do you have to beat it 6 times?

Once you beat the origin you head into the main game. There are slight differences to the story depending upon the Origin you chose though. Eg. If you are a mage others will recognize you at later points in the game.

hermit7 said:
Once you beat the origin you head into the main game. There are slight differences to the story depending upon the Origin you chose though. Eg. If you are a mage others will recognize you at later points in the game.

Nice, so I just need to see one origin thru to the end. I WANT TO SEE THEM ALL!

Alex

2cekqqx.jpg

LO AND BEHOLD THE COLGATE DLC.

Alex

Mrbob said:
Oh boy...I think I might be staying away from the white teeth mod. :lol

I think it looks good, but I'm kind of used to my rotting teeth now so its weirdin me out.

Fredescu

At Redcliffe, do I get the decision to
kill the mother or go to the circle of the magi
because I'm a mage? Or can he
send any class into the fade?

Fredescu said:

He can only
send mages. I had Morrigan with me so she went

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fredescu said:

Only mages can go in. If you have a high persuasion skill you can convince First Enchanter Irving to go in himself and he was way overpowered for the area.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Leckan said:
Do you use a spell to revive allies or is there some other way?

I am not sure if there are other methods, but yes there is a revive spell that has a small area effect.

zulfate

Dragon age here i come!, i finally gonna go right now to buy it (ps3 version). i would like thank my co-worker for owing me 40 bucks plus free recycled metal from my job that is worth 20 bucks, so all i have to pay is nothing...maybe tax.

i will also be double dipping on the pc version eventually because i love mods! anyone know how good it will run on mid-range laptop

intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz
3 gig ram
vista 32 bit
256mb video card

see ya guys later!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Traced-Velocity said:
29azc48.jpg

Man do I love this game. Gonna last me for a loooong time :D

Lot's of codex reading for you too, eh?

RPGCrazied

console easy?

Im on normal, and I die sometimes.. but man that fight in a spoiler fight 20hours in, made me change to casual just to progress. lol

If the PC version is harder, that fight would be insane

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ok so I've finished the Origin, the first town, and the Circle of Magi and according to my gamesave I'm at almost 15 hours. That is pretty much an entire single player game in some genres. I've barely scratched the surface.

Holy shit this IS going to be 100+ hour game for me. LOVE IT.

Jayge

The game doesn't seem to want to let me back into the Keep now... what the hell? I want to search for secrets and shit.

Top Bottom