• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

dejan

BeeDog said:
Thanks for the link. I redeemed the code and unlocked these pics (no descriptions):

DAO_PRC_PROMO_C2.png
(Bergen's Honor)
DAO_PRC_CP_2.png
(Stone Prisoner)
DAO_PRC_PROMO_ME.png
(Blood Dragon Armor)
DAO_PRC_NRX_1.png
(Warden's Keep???)

What the fuck, I should have gotten Final Reason and Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, right?
Wow, I just realized there's a difference regarding the DDE content between the UK version (which I bought) and the US/EU one.

US/EU content:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901037/?cc=us
UK content:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901037/?cc=uk

BeeDog

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

Maybe I'm jumping the gun by not letting my download finish, but when I check my CD keys for the game, only one is listed, "Dragon Age: Origins Deluxe CD Key", a 16-character key. I have no other key there, and I assume there SHOULD be one more, 20-char one, that's used to register the game.

What. The. Fuck. :(.

<----Huge Bioware fan

To my utter delight, it reminds me more of KOTOR than Bioware's more recent efforts.

I'm sure this has been exhaustively bitched about already, but...
Charge for DLC the week of the game's release? Really?

dejan

BeeDog said:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

Maybe I'm jumping the gun by not letting my download finish, but when I check my CD keys for the game, only one is listed, "Dragon Age: Origins Deluxe CD Key", a 16-character key. I have no other key there, and I assume there SHOULD be one more, 20-char one, that's used to register the game.

What. The. Fuck. :(.
Dragon Age just finished updating and I checked again: now there's only 2 keys listed, one pre-order key and one deluxe cd key (both 16-char). The 20-char one is not listed anymore.

epmode

Cranehand2ndComing said:
<----Huge Bioware fan

To my utter delight, it reminds me more of KOTOR than Bioware's more recent efforts.
I'm curious, have you ever played Baldur's Gate?
dejan said:
Dragon Age just finished updating and I checked again: now there's only 2 keys listed, one pre-order key and one deluxe cd key (both 16-char). The 20-char one is not listed anymore.
Oh hay, me too. I saw a Steam patch note about the Dragon Age CD key so Valve may have fucked something up.

Kosma

Banned
Just met my first Dragon. Shit ended quick. He was red to me, not even orange or anything. I think I might have gone a bit in the wrong direction :)

Does it really matter where you go first from Lothering difficulty wise? I went to the Dalish Camp and am now
in the center of the forest in the werewolve hideout

BeeDog

dejan said:

Thanks for checking. Hmmm. :(

Played for about 3 hours, just met Morrigan.
Am I right in assuming that there's no toggle pause on 360, only a hold dawn LT pause?
Or is in the options that I forgot to pay proper attention to?

Mrbob

Zeouterlimits said:
Am I right in assuming that there's no toggle pause on 360, only a hold dawn LT pause?

You can change the option to toggle in the menu screen.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Fuck I need better gear or something. I'm fighting a dragon and he is just obliterating me every time.

Kosma said:
Just met my first Dragon. Shit ended quick. He was red to me, not even orange or anything. I think I might have gone a bit in the wrong direction :)

Does it really matter where you go first from Lothering difficulty wise? I went to the Dalish Camp and am now
in the center of the forest in the werewolve hideout

Yep

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Zeouterlimits said:

There is an option. However, if you choose toggle pause, it automatically unpauses as soon as you give an order. So, it makes it incredibly frustrating to give orders to all 4 of your party members. How they didn't notice this boggles the mind.

Stick with trigger hold pause. It's hell on your hand, but at least it works.

That update really helped. Sometimes when I loaded up the game it would start in a very low setting mode running at like 20 to 40 fps. Abd sometimes it ran normal at full serttings, 60fps. Now with the update I get constant full settings. This is good cause I thought it was my system.

hyduK

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Fuck I need better gear or something. I'm fighting a dragon and he is just obliterating me every time.

Yep
Yeah, where's everyone getting there good gear? I'm still stuck in Tier 3 shit (level 11 warrior).

Zeliard

Y2Kev said:
If you think it looks ugly on PC, you should see it on console....it's sub-Morrowind garbage.

I literally thought there was some issue with my graphical settings when I first stepped foot in the Fade. I was like "it's not supposed to actually look like this, is it?"

It feels like Bioware's artists spent about 2 minutes designing that place. Totally incomprehensible given the beauty of the rest of the game. Also incomprehensible given that the Fade serves as someone's first impression if they're playing a Mage. Not looking forward to going back there.

Nose Master

Officially changed it to Casual. I muscled through Mage's Circle, then got tired of dying while attempting to get the juggernaut armor. Which, I assume, was something I shouldn't have bothered with until I have about 38 str. Oh well, now I can relax and just mess with the plot :lol

BeeDog

Alright, so according to those Steam notes, maybe the missing key won't be a problem. But anyway, I'm still missing these at http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php :

Final Reason
Grimoire of The Frozen Wastes

In the Properties/DLC tab of Dragon Age: Origins, these three DLC's are listed:

DA: O Bonus Content
DA: O Deluxe CD Key
DA: O Deluxe Game CD Key

Could anyone with the EU (specifically Swe if applicable) Digital Deluxe edt. check the above link and tell me if those two items are listed there? Thanks.

Mrbob

Revelations said:
That update really helped. Sometimes when I loaded up the game it would start in a very low setting mode running at like 20 to 40 fps. Abd sometimes it ran normal at full serttings, 60fps. Now with the update I get constant full settings. This is good cause I thought it was my system.

Not at home right now...pc version patched?

Zeliard

Mrbob said:
Not at home right now...pc version patched?

Yeah, and Normal difficulty sadly made easier by buffing your party.

I'm about to go do Warden's Keep on Normal and see how it really is. I noticed a fairly substantial and sudden drop in combat difficulty after I installed the patch during the Stone Prisoner quest, especially when it comes to the damage output of your party, but I didn't have that many fights under the new Normal.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Kosma said:
Seems the Dragon is Orange after all...second try I almost killed him. I think I got the tactics down now.

Hmmmm

I can get him down to about half. The problem is when he gets on my soft characters. Morrigan and Leiliana get dropped in 2 or 3 hits. I'm going to haveto go elsewhere and get Alister a level so he can get taunt. That sucks a bit because I'm kinda into the Daleish storyline now O.O

I need help
in the Werewolves Lair. How the fuck do I open that door? I tried going farther in the ruins but I got my ass raped by that Arcane mage guy.
:(

The fade is easily the worst looking part of the game so far 15 hrs in. It looks hideously bad. Also couldnt beat the dragon, had to switch to casual. Finally wtf at the forest Ive talked to everyone and have no idea how to find the werewolves lair.

PS why the fuck are Arrows so expensive in this game?

bengraven

Never mind, answered my own question:

Offer Details
-The Lion’s Paw code will be sent via e-mail within 10 days after the game releases.
-The Memory Band code will be sent via e-mail within 10 days after the game releases.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
QUICK QUESTION!!!

How do I give gifts to party member? I wanna do Morrigan! XD!

EDIT: NVM, that's why the game comes with a fucking booklet :lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The more I play both console and PC versions, the more I utterly love both. The tactical view on PC is real nice(and super pretty), but the more action-RPG feel on console also makes for a fairly unique experience. I adore the console interface too, such as the junk item folder, the quick heal button, and the spell shortcuts. Far more elegant than Kotor or Mass Effect even.

Anyone worried about the console not holding up is foolish to miss out.

Kosma

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
I can get him down to about half. The problem is when he gets on my soft characters. Morrigan and Leiliana get dropped in 2 or 3 hits. I'm going to haveto go elsewhere and get Alister a level so he can get taunt. That sucks a bit because I'm kinda into the Daleish storyline now O.O

I got him down on the 3/4th try :D

Trick is not to hit the traps, and spread out. I'm having Sten and my guy come up close (im a tank) and Morrigan and the rogue chick attack from far (lightning). Then let Morrigan go spider and do some poison dmg. I do think you need taunt/threaten yeah.

Stein did go down though and I used many pots.

PS: All my chars are level 7 and I play on Normal on PC.

Relix said:
QUICK QUESTION!!!

you drag items to her avatar in the preview window.

(i don't have the game yet, but i saw this on gametrailers or somewhere)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Relix said:
QUICK QUESTION!!!

Switch to Morrigan or whatever character you want to give a gift to in the menu, find the grouping of items in the your inventory where the gifts are located, select the gift to give. Give her some found cake, that would be nice.

Fuckin A, I started this game on 2 nights ago and I'm already 15 hours in. It's so good but I need a break from staring at the TV.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Relix said:
QUICK QUESTION!!!

Highlight the gift item and switch over to show Morrigan in the inventory window and you should be able to give it her directly from the inventory menu. (On console X or A should light up and say 'give xxx to Morrigan', and on PC you can right click the gift item and give it).

Zeliard

I think the gifts have diminishing returns, so you can't just keep giving them the same stuff. Some characters also like certain types of gifts more than others, naturally.

Kosma

Banned
Tetsuo the reward is really worth it...
the Dragon horde...so much goodies and gold, and I really mean LOTS of gold

Edit: I cant even equip any of the items he dropped :lol

Minsc

Gold Member
And it begins!

First mod I've seen is out, whitens your characters teeth :lol

Really now? I haven't seen any one here complaining about oral hygienics, but I suppose white teeth go better with blood speckled faces.

Now just a matter of days/weeks before the re skinning of NPCs and fixing subtitles, and other things! :D

Zeliard

Minsc said:
And it begins!

Really now? I haven't seen any one here complaining about oral hygienics, but I suppose white teeth go better with blood speckled faces.

Now just a matter of days/weeks before the re skinning of NPCs and fixing subtitles, and other things! :D

Do you even have the game yet, and if not, wtf are you waiting for? :p

Minsc

Gold Member
Zeliard said:
Do you even have the game yet, and if not, wtf are you waiting for? :p

Waiting for my new PC, with luck should get here next week. Got the deluxe edition on Steam, but this PC won't run it. Actually, it probably will, but I want to do it more justice :)

Mindlog

The only thing missing from the console interface is the ability to move characters while in the hold stance. I'd like to be able to move a ghost while paused so that the character attack/moves while unpaused.

Ran into my first dragon and it almost ended pretty badly :lol
Decided my 2H Warrior/Tank can handle himself so I just switch to my healer and the tide quickly turned. Stupid dragon. Now I'm wearing his hide as armor.

I need 1 more gall bladder :\

Mifune

Mehmber
On consoles, the tower ogre was super easy on Normal. So far, it seems like Normal might be too easy, but I fear the difficulty spikes.

Loving the game so far. And the PS3 version is surprisingly pretty in spots. Framerate hasn't been an issue at all, either.

Zeliard

Himuro said:
Zeliard says it's noticable enough that he bumped it to Hard.

I haven't bumped it to Hard just yet, because I want to get more time under the new Normal just to make sure.

But yeah, I absolutely did notice that it was easier - battles were suddenly over quicker because the patch increases both your party's attack and their damage values. Both. Higher attack means their attacks have a greater chance to hit (both melee and ranged), and higher damage is self-explanatory.

Jayge

Minsc said:
And it begins!

YES.

A MILLION TIMES YES.

I'M INSTALLING THIS SIMPLY TO INSTALL IT.

I'm also installing the toolset, not because I know shit about programming, but because I like fucking around.

Edit: Also, Warden's Keep is MADDENINGLY intriguing.
I have wish I made a deal with the demon so I could learn where all the hidden shit is kept. I finished the "gain knowledge" quest and now I want the commander's unique sword! Gah!
On that note, I love this game.

Tobor

Mifune said:
On consoles, the tower ogre was super easy on Normal. So far, it seems like Normal might be too easy, but I fear the difficulty spikes.

Loving the game so far. And the PS3 version is surprisingly pretty in spots. Framerate hasn't been an issue at all, either.

Yeah, the Ogre was cake, but the difficulty improves later on.

Top Bottom