• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Need some help dudes. I bought the Deluxe edition from steam, and am trying to download my DLC. I redeemed the Deluxe and Preorder CD keys, but I still can't see anythign appear in my available downloads in game. I think it may be because I have not registered my Game Key, but I can't find it anywhere. I right click on my game and select view game CD vut see nothing.

Help!

Erudite

Zefah said:
Lot's of codex reading for you too, eh?
That, and a lot of side quests. I think for the past 7-8 hours that's all I've been doing.
Himuro said:
Where the hell do you find your %?
Assuming you're playing on PC, hit C and go to "Heroic Accomplishments" on the bottom right. It'll pull up a bunch of stats, and the % is the very first one.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Love the game, played it for about 25 hours and now I'm on the mage tower (did redcliff and elves/werewolf).

Hope I can get a play thru done by Tuesday, don't think I'll beable to touch the xbox after that for a while.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, restarted my true playthrough. Human Warrior Noble. Guy looks relatively like me, dual wielding warrior. Explored more of my origin and discovered you could score with the Elven maid in waiting. I guess I'm a heartless guy when I laughed at what happens to her that night. :lol

Patryn

Why does Wynne have to be the most boring character and yet the most useful? I want to take her out of my team because she sucks as a character, but I've found that I'm doing a lot better with her healing backing me up.

Annoying.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Way too fucking hard game.

I'm bailing the fuck out of here. Ridiculous, wasted 20 hours of my life.

Fredescu

Himuro said:
Redcliffe is RIDONKULOUS. These
undead
just won't stop spawning! FUCK.
I thought I was doing something wrong and ran around trying to find a trigger or something. Managed to clear it without wiping though.

luxarific said:
Yeah, there's probably some technical reason for it, but I think it splits the community. The character tracking stuff on the social website is prety nifty though. I wonder if they plan to do something similar with Mass Effect 2.
The old forums were meant to be taken down already, but they're having performance issues with the social site, so they decided to bring them back up. There's a sticky on the old forums saying they'll bring down the old forums once the new ones are stable.

nelkon and parker said:
Need some help dudes. I bought the Deluxe edition from steam, and am trying to download my DLC. I redeemed the Deluxe and Preorder CD keys, but I still can't see anythign appear in my available downloads in game. I think it may be because I have not registered my Game Key, but I can't find it anywhere. I right click on my game and select view game CD vut see nothing.

Help!

Quoting myself incase anyone else got these issues.

I had to install the latest .Net to get the daupdater service up, so make sure that guy is running in the background. I also fiddled with running the daupdater.exe as Administrator, but I'm not entirely sure if that actually helped with anything. After this, I restarted my game, and the DLC was downloading.

Hope this helps someone who may have the same problems.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Kosma said:
I got him down on the 3/4th try :D

Trick is not to hit the traps, and spread out. I'm having Sten and my guy come up close (im a tank) and Morrigan and the rogue chick attack from far (lightning). Then let Morrigan go spider and do some poison dmg. I do think you need taunt/threaten yeah.

Stein did go down though and I used many pots.

PS: All my chars are level 7 and I play on Normal on PC.

Ahh see im playing on hard. I dont even fight him in that room. I pull him into the hall, fuck those traps :lol

painey

Im a bit gutted that I had to move the difficulty down to Casual.. I was getting raped due to awful team AI and controller woes trying to set tactics and I was at the point where I would be using 5 heals every battle.. the difficulty is just so odd.

jabipun

I know this might piss off some of you, but to be honest - (spoiler tag because of early spoiler) I think this game, ehh, honestly...

puts japanese rpg's to shame

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Anyone having a problem with NPC talking but no voice? They say something way to short for the lip flaping, like the wrong sound flie was being played.

Happened to me a hand full of time so far, playing on a X360 with game installed.

Alex

jabipun said:
I know this might piss off some of you, but to be honest - (spoiler tag because of early spoiler) I think this game, ehh, honestly...

puts japanese rpg's to shame

There's only been a few of note in recent years. Valkyria, Demons Souls, Etrian Odyssey. (though I have fondness for MW's work)

It's getting a bit sad, but so was the WRPG landscape before stuff like Witcher and this started showing up.

jabipun

29azc48.jpg

Holy crap. roughly 20 hours at 15%. At this rate it's going to take you 133 hours to finish. That can't be right?

"Holy crap. roughly 20 hours at 15%. At this rate it's going to take you 133 hours to finish. That can't be right?"

"Across all characters and playthroughs" is the key phrase. It's impossible to see everything that the game has in one playthrough.

GarthVaderUK said:
I think they plan to close the latter forum once the social website forums have a few issues ironed out.

They actually closed the older forums for a while, but had to reopen them because the social site forums don't/weren't working.

jabipun

Teknopathetic said:
"Holy crap. roughly 20 hours at 15%. At this rate it's going to take you 133 hours to finish. That can't be right?"

"Across all characters and playthroughs" is the key phrase. It's impossible to see everything that the game has in one playthrough.

Most of what's unique from the other playthroughs is the origin stories no? I'd still imagine the bulk of the game (shit, I don't know) - 80% of it can be seen in at least one super-thorough playthru.

"Most of what's unique from the other playthroughs is the origin stories no?"

No, the origin story is like an hour, hour and a half tops. It's mainly all the quests and dialogue choices. Many quests will require you to choose one side or another. Certain dialogue choices will close off other dialogue choices which may in turn close off access to certain quests and open up others, so on and so forth.

jabipun

Teknopathetic said:
"Most of what's unique from the other playthroughs is the origin stories no?"

No, the origin story is like an hour, hour and a half tops. It's mainly all the quests and dialogue choices. Many quests will require you to choose one side or another. Certain dialogue choices will close off other dialogue choices which may in turn close off access to certain quests and open up others, so on and so forth.

Ah, of course.

I'm still early on (just got access to the world map) - thinking about going to the dalish (spelling?) elves. So at this point I haven't had too many instances of 'quest-choosing.'

It'd make sense, 130 hours seems a bit unreasonable. So what's the expected playthrough - 50 to 70 according to the giantbomb/gametrailer reviews?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lostconfused said:
You know you can turn the difficulty setting down.
Right in the middle of the game?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Basileus777 said:
Where can you see this?

Go into your character sheet and select "heroic achievements" for a detailed list of statistics.

Darkman M

jabipun said:
Ah, of course.

I'm still early on (just got access to the world map) - thinking about going to the dalish (spelling?) elves. So at this point I haven't had too many instances of 'quest-choosing.'

It'd make sense, 130 hours seems a bit unreasonable. So what's the expected playthrough - 50 to 70 according to the giantbomb/gametrailer reviews?

50-60 with little to no side-quest being done is what ive been seeing from most reviews. I tend to try to do damn near every side-quest & explore every secret so i can see my self doubling that 50 hours in one play through then i wait for mods!

Tripwood

Tripwood said:
So i'm stuck on one of those puzzles which i love oh so much.

I'm on the quest
The Urn of Sacred Ashes, Test of Faith part. I just passed the riddle enthusiasts and i am at the part where i need to somehow spawn a bridge over a hole.

I have no idea how to get past this. Here's a pic of the location.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mofodefiler/Stuck.jpg
Someone help please :p I'm getting desperate.

NVM this, i solved it. I feel so smart right now.

Fuck fuck fuck shit goddamn fuck.
I was wondering when I was going to get Leliana, so I checked online and apparently she was in Lothering and I never ran into her and now she's gone for good and I'm 20 hours in and not restarting now.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I have no idea what gifts to give the male party member's. Sten is like...... impossible to read lol. I think I should just give him a puppy to eat or something.

I was a bit down on the game from the marketing, but I broke down and bought it today after hearing so many good things about it here and elsewhere. If one word could describe the game perfectly, it'd be 'Blood' :lol Great game, but it definitely inspires many ironic moments.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
rainking187 said:
Fuck fuck fuck shit goddamn fuck.
I was wondering when I was going to get Leliana, so I checked online and apparently she was in Lothering and I never ran into her and now she's gone for good and I'm 20 hours in and not restarting now.
You're not missing out on anything.

corpserot

Shale
stomping the chicken and his reaction to being stared at
killed me. I wasn't expecting so many good laughs in this game.

When will Evil Lords and their guards ever learn to not keep all the Hero's equipment in an unlocked box right next to cell that the Hero is kept in

Top Bottom