• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Phloxy

Heads up went to best buy and they had both versions in for pc, I got one, and apparently the other 2 local bestbuys had them in stock as well for pc.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
TheVisualizer said:
-Another thing that stands out in combat are traps, the origin quest's cave/ruins was littered with them, some were pressure plates that triggered what seemed like fireballs that shot out of the ceilings or walls and others have been hidden bear traps that popup and keep you stunned for awhile. A little further along in my 5 hours I actually had smarter enemies retreat and lead me and my party into a chokepoint where we all got stuck in bear traps, they capitalized and ended up killing one of my party members with that slick move.

What difficulty were you playing on? This is the kind of AI that I love to see.

Thanks for the impressions, my hype for this game just keeps rising.

calder

Going to be checking Steam all day tomorrow until the preload becomes available. :D I want to be playing this as soon as I get home Tuesday.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Satanyoka said:
What's contained in the deluxe edition fellow adventurer?

Steam Deluxe Edition:
-Ingame Item: The Wicked Oath (Ring)
-Ingame Item: The Memory Band (Ring)
-Ingame Item: Bergen's Honor (Helm)
-Ingame Item: Final Reason (Staff)
-Ingame Item: Blood Dragon Armor
-Ingame Item: Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes (Book)
-Content: Warden's Keep
-Content: The Stone Prisoner
-Wallpapers
-Digital Soundtrack

Brannon

I don't even know why they do pre-order items for the PC versions. Once the mod tools come out, they'll just make them.

Though they may do well on consoles.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Phloxy said:
Heads up went to best buy and they had both versions in for pc, I got one, and apparently the other 2 local bestbuys had them in stock as well for pc.

Wait you're saying Best Buy sold you a copy already?

Tubobutts

Himuro said:
This games dlc and shit is confusing. So, let me get this straight. I get dlc because I pre-ordered a copy?

The only preoder bounses are items. You get the DLC from buying any NEW copy.

LCfiner

Himuro said:
This games dlc and shit is confusing. So, let me get this straight. I get dlc because I pre-ordered a copy?

it is confusing. you get item dlc for pre-ordering a regular edition.

also, any new copy will have a code for a quest dlc, stone prisoner. no need to pre-order to get that.

the pre-order items also differ depending on where you get it. I haven’t bothered looking into that in much detail. there’s a chart earlier in this thread.

Xamdou

NewLib said:
Every single new copy of Dragon Age gets Stone Prisoner.

Awesome thanks for the confirmation. That's the only DLC I was interested in since I want that Stone Prisoner in my party.

Well finished reading the first dragon age book, and it wasn't good. Hopefully the 2nd one is better, planning to pick it up tomorrow or monday.

Rad-

360 version review by 360zine:

One RPG to rule them all..

Length: 80 hours.

Better on PC but still a must-own on 360 for RPG fans with time on their hands.

+ Enormous, staggeringly detailed world.
+ A real challenge, in the very best of ways.
- Combat can get chaotic on console (it's a real challenge to micromanage your team when there's a lot of enemies).

90%

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just preordered the 360 one on Amazon for $16.99 lol

If i have a desire to go after the PC version ill just use the 10$ credit on the pc version as well.

But im thinking the console version will give me the fun i want. I dont know what it is, i bought Fallout 3 when it came out on PC and played for like an hour and kinda stopped. I just recently got the goty edition on 360 and have already played 6 hours.

Ploid 3.0

DMPrince said:
Is there a stream online somewhere?

I have been looking for a while. Nothing. I wonder why the Warden's Quest 24hr event wasn't recorded by bioware or anyone. There was some good footage in the stream but now it seems to be gone forever.

Another reason I want reviews, media, and other stuff is so I can get a semi fix on the anticipation buzz (i.e. it makes the wait more bearable). With nothing all I'll have my mind on is the game. Also about the review arguing I think people are just defending the first post not wanting reviews on it. I don't want it touched either. I'm just used to reading reviews to get a feel of what to expect and the facts from them, and less the opinions. I found a place on gametrailers that seem to be gathering media and info, all is well.

Watched live stream of 360 version for about a minute. Game pauses for a moment with big message on center of the screen. That's is bad.

avo58k.png

FrankT

MirageDwarf said:
Watched live stream of 360 version for about a minute. Game pauses for a moment with big message on center of the screen. That's is bad.

What message. Oh saving, eh.

Rad- said:
360 version review by 360zine:

One RPG to rule them all..

Length: 80 hours.

Better on PC but still a must-own on 360 for RPG fans with time on their hands.

+ Enormous, staggeringly detailed world.
+ A real challenge, in the very best of ways.
- Combat can get chaotic on console (it's a real challenge to micromanage your team when there's a lot of enemies).

90%

Very nice.

fizzelopeguss said:
Damn, i've heard the 360 version of this has just been leaked. :(

Not so nice.

hermit7

MirageDwarf said:

Not seeing the problem with this. Though with Bioware I have learned to save often, as their autosaves are extremely unreliable.

Nif

Just saw some Black Friday Sears scans that show Dragon Age for PS3 (probably 360 too) for $40, in case people were getting it on consoles and don't mind the wait. Saw Forza, ODST, and Brutal Legend there, too.

hermit7 said:
Not seeing the problem with this. Though with Bioware I have learned to save often, as their autosaves are extremely unreliable.

It's a small nit-pick item that I don't like when playing games. Should have gone for autosaving without showing big message in the middle of the screen or show it somewhere in the corner. Also message is much more longer than it should be. "Saving..." should be enough.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Stream is awesome. Game looks to be really solid on the consoles.

Only issue is i hope you can disable the subtitles at the top of the screen. Really distracting.

MirageDwarf said:
It's a small nit-pick item that I don't like when playing games. Should have gone for autosaving without showing big message in the middle of the screen or show it somewhere in the corner. Also message is much more longer than it should be. "Saving..." should be enough.

I've seen exactly the same message on a lot of games on 360, could be something Microsoft makes devs put in there to make sure people don't fuck up their saves.

GarthVaderUK said:
I've seen exactly the same message on a lot of games on 360, could be something Microsoft makes devs put in there to make sure people don't fuck up their saves.

Pretty sure it's not a requirement. For exa. Halo games use "Checkpoint...done" or something.

Ploid 3.0

Nif said:
Just saw some Black Friday Sears scans that show Dragon Age for PS3 (probably 360 too) for $40, in case people were getting it on consoles and don't mind the wait. Saw Forza, ODST, and Brutal Legend there, too.

I got this for $46 no tax via Amazon release date. Also got a $10 amazon credit after it ships for my next game purchase. $6 extra for getting it sooner than black friday. Internet orders are criminaly cheap.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
I got this for $46 no tax via Amazon release date. Also got a $10 amazon credit after it ships for my next game purchase. $6 extra for getting it sooner than black friday. Internet orders are criminaly cheap.
I hear what you be sayin, i got my 360 version for 16.99

Acidote

Apparently the game on the stream is set on hard difficulty, and I'm finding it much easier than it should.

Oh, and the chat jokes with maths are awful.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Seems to be able to just rush in to battle and own everything

syllogism

Acidote said:
Apparently the game on the stream is set on hard difficulty, and I'm finding it much easier than it should.

Oh, and the chat jokes with maths are awful.
The console version is supposedly easier and apparently the difficulty spikes. Regular encounters aren't probably very challenging even on Nightmare. Really, that's how pretty much every CRPG ever has been set up.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just bought the Deluxe edition on Steam. I will be playing this game Guts style. :D Two handed weapons and complete disregard for human life.

Top Bottom