• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Rufus

sweetwasabi said:
Don't trust what this game says.

SPOILERS*

When Morrigan tells you to kill
her mother
and go alone...well okay I did.
That's not what she means with that. :lol You don't bring her, otherwise you can bring whoever.

rhfb said:
So I'm having a big issue. I've finally talented enough of the Beserker class to use it with no penalty on Allister, who is my main tank, but for some reason it never stays on. I turn it on, and then like 20 seconds later it turns it self off. It is a sustained talent so it should stay on :| Any clue what is wrong here? I only have 3 tactics on him, nothing to do with this one ability, so why isn't it staying activated :<

This is just a guess, but perhaps you have to set his stance differently. It's been a week or since since I've played, but I'm pretty sure there are around 7 or 8 stance options that will have an impact on how the AI uses certain abilities outside of specific tactic settings.

Finally started my 360 copy this past week and have been quite addicted. Playing good guy human male mage, with my gal Leliana always in the party, Sten almost always doing the up-close mauling, and somewhat later recruit
Wynne
for healing and shaking things up with Earthquake.

Now back to avoiding spoilers and even tips so I can discover the game myself. Enjoy the game.

KGKK said:
Got the "Traveler" trophy too.

I almost have all Achievements, but I can't get traveler. I finally thought of why:
I killed the kid instead of going into the fade and trying to save him
. Is there any way to go back here (in one playthrough)? It's kind of irritating, since I did everything else.

I think that'd be cool if in a future DLC Bioware decided to open the Fade up, for new and old content.

Chris R

MrCompletely said:
This is just a guess, but perhaps you have to set his stance differently. It's been a week or since since I've played, but I'm pretty sure there are around 7 or 8 stance options that will have an impact on how the AI uses certain abilities outside of specific tactic settings.
Aggressive, so it should stay on I would think :|

rhfb said:
So I'm having a big issue. I've finally talented enough of the Beserker class to use it with no penalty on Allister, who is my main tank, but for some reason it never stays on. I turn it on, and then like 20 seconds later it turns it self off. It is a sustained talent so it should stay on :| Any clue what is wrong here? I only have 3 tactics on him, nothing to do with this one ability, so why isn't it staying activated :<

Berserk (and Blood Magic) automatically deactivates when combat ends.

If you are using the PC version, you can fix that with this mod:

http://dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=355

ntropy

i have an attribute bug in which each point is x2 when i level up. then the next level up, i get no attribute points. i think it's the respec mod acting up. maybe it's because i like to delay giving out points for my spells?

edit: figured it out, ignore this

okay, I'm in Orzammar now, and I have a question. This is the first real "moral" decision I've felt I've had thus far in the game. The other decisions I've had to make have been polarizing decisions but ones that were easy for me to make. The decision between
Harrowmont and Bhelen
is proving difficult for me. There just isn't enough information to make a good decision!

What should I do?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DigitalDevil said:
okay, I'm in Orzammar now, and I have a question. This is the first real "moral" decision I've felt I've had thus far in the game. The other decisions I've had to make have been polarizing decisions but ones that were easy for me to make. The decision between
Harrowmont and Bhelen
is proving difficult for me. There just isn't enough information to make a good decision!

What should I do?

Just go with your gut and see benefits/consequences at the end.

Chris R

Basileus777 said:
Berserk (and Blood Magic) automatically deactivates when combat ends.

If you are using the PC version, you can fix that with this mod:

http://dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=355
Thanks for this!!!

Oh and I can't be the only one who thinks that the whole Orzammar segment is just a tad too long. I mean I'm not even done, but I'm hoping I'm almost done. Just entered
Dead Pit or whatever
and saw the cutscene.

Ventrue

rhfb said:
Thanks for this!!!

Oh and I can't be the only one who thinks that the whole Orzammar segment is just a tad too long. I mean I'm not even done, but I'm hoping I'm almost done. Just entered
Dead Pit or whatever
and saw the cutscene.
If it's any consolation, you still have several hours in there. :lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I really hope we can get a mod/update to fix the codex. I'm normally really into reading lore, but having to mouse over all these numbers to get a damn title is just a stupid, stupid decision on Bioware's part.
And it's so strange, because I like almost everything else about the interface (no crafting in camp is also stupid).

Chris R

Ventrue said:
If it's any consolation, you still have several hours in there. :lol
Damnit. I thought the whole
Fade
sequence was long (going to have to download the mod to skip that segment on my next playthrough :lol )

Well this is my first playthough. I won't be looting ever single thing and looking at every single thing my next playthough. Now to decide if I want to be a warrior or a mage :|

rhfb said:
Damnit. I thought the whole
Fade
sequence was long (going to have to download the mod to skip that segment on my next playthrough :lol )

Well this is my first playthough. I won't be looting ever single thing and looking at every single thing my next playthough. Now to decide if I want to be a warrior or a mage :|

are you talking about the sequence in the
mage's tower
? If so, yeah that was long. But so far I'm really enjoying Orzammar... I think I'm just at the beginning of the sequence though.

tokkun

DigitalDevil said:
Harrowmont and Bhelen

What should I do?

Harrowmont -> Ronald Reagan
Bhelen -> Hugo Chavez

For those of you playing on the console......

Is there any way to remove something from the radial menu without immediately replacing it with some other spell/item/etc.?

Chris R

Several hours was two :lol But that whole bit is finally done, so I only have one more "faction" to go talk to until I've done them all. What percentage roughly am I at right now?`

painey

thanks to this being bumped up I stuck it back in this morning and am just about to do the Landsmeet.. I did two reloads of the confrontation to unlock the all party members achievement and now im going into the end, just as I dinged 20.

Darklord

Banned
Bloody hell, in the Dwarf city one of the dwarfs are telling you about "The proving" and says it's "in a ring of scared stone". Scared? Yes, I'm fighting around terrified rocks. It's sacred you idiot. I felt like siding with the other guy after that.:lol

I'm surprised no one caught the error either.

Rufus

Darklord said:
Bloody hell, in the Dwarf city one of the dwarfs are telling you about "The proving" and says it's "in a ring of scared stone". Scared? Yes, I'm fighting around terrified rocks. It's sacred you idiot. I felt like siding with the other guy after that.:lol

I'm surprised no one caught the error either.
I'm surprised, too.

Ponti

elostyle said:
What exactly is the point of no return in this game? Is it starting the landsmeet quest?
No a little bit after it
when you march with the army from Redcliffe to Denerim

if I use the runscript wizard cheat does it change my origin story? I still have the quests in my journal but now my character sheet says "Magi"

I hate the Magi story I want to be King! a fucken wizard King! halp GAF!

Chris R

Oh and how many Mage NPCs are there? I have the obvious one and turned her into my healer since I have no other mages :( I did side with the
non mages in the tower, killing a few mages in the process
so that might be why :/

rhfb said:
Oh and how many Mage NPCs are there? I have the obvious one and turned her into my healer since I have no other mages :( I did side with the
non mages in the tower, killing a few mages in the process
so that might be why :/

just the ones you've found. sry mate

found this answer to my question on gamespot

Ok, after testing on a few saves. For class Spec unlocks, the game checks your CLASS, not your origin. I had a Human Warrior Noble, whom I changed to a wizard, quite far in the game just now.

I could get shapeshifting from morrigan, and arcane warrior was unlocked(No talent points, was level 2)

So, if you do this..

Disbale ALL DLC before you get in-game > make Char > Do intro until you have control > runscript wizard > Save > enable DLC > Works!

Basicly, if you do it late in the game, it'llbreak it because oyu lose -all- your items. Otherwise, it works I think. Will play through the game entirely soon, glee
---
Moo.
Report AbuseQuoteReplyQuick QuoteQuick Reply
ModKnight

Nov 9, 2009 10:35 am PT
The only way it will break your game is if you use it when you have quest items in your inventory. Using any of the runscript wizard / rogue / warrior in the beginning will not break your game. I tested this, beat the game, and nothing bad happened.
---

Macmanus

So I just went through the final stretch of the game, beat the archdemon, and completely forgot to summon a single allied army. I even spent time and resources upgrading them.

What do they do, anyways? Just spawn a bunch of NPCs to help?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Macmanus said:
So I just went through the final stretch of the game, beat the archdemon, and completely forgot to summon a single allied army. I even spent time and resources upgrading them.

What do they do, anyways? Just spawn a bunch of NPCs to help?

Yup!

freddy

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
It's a shame that you can't summon more than one army at a time, but I guess they want to keep the framerate above 5fps.
The end game is hardly a challenge by the time you get to it. Adding another load of NPCs would do more than just damage the frame rate.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Finished this bad boy up last night, clocked in at around 50 hours. This probably is my GoTY 2009 on reflection, I had such an awesome time. The story, characters, even the combat once I started rolling was really fun and as a mage I felt like an utter badass. I had Leliana as my girl and Zevran as my bisexual lover and I had
Loghain
in my party at the end which was cool getting to talk to him and rubbing my victory in his face. I felt really attached to Leliana by the end though, I thought her character was very sweet and I'd talk to her at every opportunity.

I played it pretty straight (apart from the buttsecks, obvs), saved the Elves, destroyed the anvil, saved the mages. A second playthrough is definitely in order sometime later though, I think playing the opposite choices will end up in a very different world by the ending, although if I'm going to be playing bad I don't think Alistair will like me (again, I told him to go fuck himself on this playthrough, and I was largely good this time).

I cannot wait for future games in the series though. The late plot development with
Morrigan's baby
was incredible and really made me pause for a good long time. I liked the idea of it, but I just know it's going to come up in a later game and be a huge deal. I wonder how Bioware will have the other games play out for players that don't make the choice I did?

One question to the hivemind though, how do I get the acheivement for having recruited all party members? I went to the trouble of getting
Loghain
at the end but no acheivement - do I need him and Alistair at the same time or something? Or is there anyone else I could have missed on my travels? I had everyone AFAIK.

Toki767

Jedeye Sniv said:
One question to the hivemind though, how do I get the acheivement for having recruited all party members? I went to the trouble of getting
Loghain
at the end but no acheivement - do I need him and Alistair at the same time or something? Or is there anyone else I could have missed on my travels? I had everyone AFAIK.

There are 7 optional characters (counting the one in the spoiler). Not including Morrigan and Alistair.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Toki767 said:
There are 7 optional characters (counting the one in the spoiler). Not including Morrigan and Alistair.

So we have
Leliana, Zevran, Dog, Wynne, Sten, Shale, Oghren and Loghain
. Any I've missed? On the select screen it looks like there should be space over by Leliana but I'm not sure. Did I just get acheivement screwed?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Toki767 said:
That's everyone...Shale doesn't even count. I think you might've just got achievement screwed.

Bugger. I entirely changed my endgame cause of that, I wanted Al to be king, kinda sucks I didn't get anything for it. Maybe it'll click on if I start another game when I get Al for my team, but I dunno. Oh well, time will tell!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
voltron said:
So is Return to Ostagar available on 360 yet?

Is it due out today? Uh oh, I told my gf that I had finished the game last night, it was the only reason I was allowed to play for 5 hours... if I start playing it again she might cut my balls off... choices choices.

Darklord

Banned
I heard there was a secret companion in the game. Without ruining it, is it something I will come across in time or by chance? If it's by chance I might spoil it for myself because I hate missing things like that in games

Jedeye Sniv said:
Is it due out today? Uh oh, I told my gf that I had finished the game last night, it was the only reason I was allowed to play for 5 hours... if I start playing it again she might cut my balls off... choices choices.
:lol She's not your mum, dude.

Toki767

Darklord said:
I heard there was a secret companion in the game. Without ruining it, is it something I will come across in time or by chance? If it's by chance I might spoil it for myself because I hate missing things like that in games
It's a storyline decision. Although it isn't necessarily clear, at least I didn't think it was. You definitely will know it when you see it though.

Speaking of secret companion...

I'm pretty sure I'm near the end. I just finished the
landsmeet
last night and I have a question about that.
Is there anyway to get Loghain and keep Alistair? Or are my only options to kill Loghain or keep Alistair? I don't want to lose Alistair as my tank but goddammit I seriously think the Queen was right on this one. I'd rather just have both of them.

Top Bottom