• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veil Guard Reveal Trailer (Fall 2024)| Xbox Showcase

RavageX

I guess this is what I get for having my hopes slightly up. I don't like to be one of those folks but they went in the complete wrong direction with this.

The trailer. I guess its a thing now to make everything kinda funny. I don't like the character intros at all, and I don't like the style of graphics. It honestly should look more like Baldur's Gate 3.

I think I'll pass. I guess the change to purple impacted the game more than I expected.

Dazraell

Compare and contrast to Origins, when Dragon Age was actual dark fantasy instead of some cheap Fortnite-Suicide Squad knockoff.

What a shame.

I mean... I remember that trailer with edgy "This is the new shit" song which was so fucking awkward. But yeah, I miss DAO times. Ironically, that song kinda apply to quality of the Veilguard's trailer

Zathalus

Don't mind the art style, characters, story, and writing is what I care about. Unfortunately it doesn't look great on that side either.

Dynasty8

Have to see gameplay first which I think will be on Tuesday. But I don't like what I'm seeing so far..I hate this whole "let's just copy fortnite" nonsense. Not only does the artstyle resemble fortnite, but the whole sarcastic dialogue/writing just doesn't stick here. Who's the target audience here?

Cyberpunkd

I think Dragon Age Origins was the only good Dragon Age.
Boris Johnson Applause GIF by GIPHY News

Dazraell

Have to see gameplay first which I think will be on Tuesday. But I don't like what I'm seeing so far..I hate this whole "let's just copy fortnite" nonsense. Not only does the artstyle resemble fortnite, but the whole sarcastic dialogue/writing just doesn't stick here. Who's the target audience here?
"Everyone but no one". If gameplay looks like this trailer, the game will tank hard

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Considering its taking place in the most brutal place in Dragon Age lore, kinda fucking stupid to make it so cheerful. Bad trailer but game might be good.

Mozzarella

This looks awful, which is why i dont get why everyone thinks Xbox showcase is an A, like no gameplay, awful trailers that look so goofy and cartoony, this is not what Dragon Age is about.
Same thing with Fable and some other awful trailers, no release date either.

Last edited:

Raven117

Well, not ready to write this off yet… but I’m not filled with warm fuzzies on this.

Bioware May be done after this.

Last edited:

SABRE220

Oh Bioware....what happened to you..:messenger_crying:
I truly wish the trailer was a big fumble but I just dont see any of the origins magic here.

Nydius

This is precisely why I never got my hopes up for the next Mass Effect; The entire future of BioWare hinges on Dragon Age and if this is the best they can do, well… officially rest in piece BioWare. Once this flops, it’ll be the third high profile flop in a row for the studio.

Top Bottom