• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veil Guard Reveal Trailer (Fall 2024)| Xbox Showcase

Luipadre

Gold Member
Gameinformer Picture

367_reveal_hero.jpg

Looks better i guess? Maybe the gameplay will be good COPIUM

Antwix

This is precisely why I never got my hopes up for the next Mass Effect; The entire future of BioWare hinges on Dragon Age and if this is the best they can do, well… officially rest in piece BioWare. Once this flops, it’ll be the third high profile flop in a row for the studio.
It really is sad. I honestly think Mass Effect is one of coolest universes ever made. Oh well. Maybe Bioware will shut down and EA will sell the license :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I am not excited by the trailer. I will hold off judgement until the gameplay release in two days but my optimism based on what was shown today is low.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Was that the actual Dragon Age game that's been in development...the replacement for Dreadwolf?

When watching the trailer I was under the assumption this was some sort of DA multiplayer heros title...

Shit is sad.
Supposedly they started developing a single player DA game in 2015, then canceled it in 2017 and restarted it as a live service game sharing some elements with Anthem (and a bunch of key staff quit).

Then in 2021 they decided to remove the multiplayer and rework it into a single player game.

Check out the development history, it sounds like a massive clusterfuck:

Supposedly they started developing a single player DA game in 2015, then canceled it in 2017 and restarted it as a live service game sharing some elements with Anthem (and a bunch of key staff quit).

Then in 2021 they decided to remove the multiplayer and rework it into a single player game.

Check out the development history, it sounds like a massive clusterfuck:

Thanks for the insight!

This game is begging to be canceled.

manfestival

I was definitely trying to be positive about the game but that trailer seems like it is trying to make a light hearted dumpster fire approach that all modern fantasy seem to love to take. Still waiting to see the gameplay trailer.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
RIP Bioware, when this inevitably bombs cause holy god that looked awful, surely Bioware will end up being shuttered? They must be hemorrhaging money

Luipadre

Gold Member
Dragon Age isn't supposed to look like Fortnite. Whoever chose this art direction is an idiot.

Tbh this ingame pic looks more like inquisition refined. Definitely better than the trailer. Just look at the qunari chick. Looks much better than the trailer version

These companies must love pissing money down the drain, ruining franchises and personally annoying the ever living fuck out of me.

Remember in the first game where darkspawn were created by kidnapping females from the surface and puking toxins into their mouths and raping them endlessly so they lose their minds? Yeah, this is now apparently that setting.

Get fucked Bioware, I look forward to your closure.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Im in for this, looks good
I'm in too: I don't see what all the bad buzz is about: looked cartoon like, but unique.

We have Varric back and his trusty Bianca!
Dragons look hearty as fuck - graphical fidelity looks on point (to me at least).
Humor seems good and not too cringe, digging the feel: very Vox Machina.
New companions seem legit: good range of skills and races - the Qunari confuses me, but yeah.
Scout Harding is back, didn't know she had so many freckles: love old Scout Harding *swoon*
Companions seem on point and humerous/tough - the rogue mage killer looked sick!! So did Necro guy.

Overall, excited to see more; for the record too : done more Origins playthroughs than I can count, few of 2/Inq too: love the books and comics too: even dig Dawn of the Seeker and oddly, Absolution...I fail to see how that art style has 'doomed Dragon Age' etc etc.

TheStam

These companies must love pissing money down the drain, ruining franchises and personally annoying the ever living fuck out of me.

Remember in the first game where darkspawn were created by kidnapping females from the surface and puking toxins into their mouths and raping them endlessly so they lose their minds? Yeah, this is now apparently that setting.

Get fucked Bioware, I look forward to your closure.

This is what I don't get either, do they hate money? Especially when CDPR and Larian have had huge successes building on the foundations that Bioware basically created.

Montauk

So this is Dreadwolf then? I thought it was just a spin-off earlier, but I can understand why you guys are disappointed now.

I was rolling my eyes at the trailer.

Last edited:
This series peaked with Origins. After seeing this trailer I wished they never made the games to begin with if this was the end result.

The amount of lore building that was established in the first game is completely wasted. Watching this trailer and then Dragon Age Origins literally made me sick to my stomach. I fucking hate the current gaming landscape.

Top Bottom