• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Veilguard is Steam Deck Verified and does not require EA Play on Steam

That's cool, I like that it is Deck verified, makes me several magnitude more likely to check it out. I actually thought it looked pretty fun from the gameplay videos.

Now I just need the "someone else on my steam family is going to buy it" to be verified.

Jimmy Fallon Anticipation GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

MiguelItUp

Saw this earlier. Feels like a move made to maximize sales given the tepid response.
Yeah, especially if they're aware of the reaction to EDF, lol. But hey, not the dumbest move to make. But I think the bigger issue is the fanbase not really being happy with the look of Veilguard across the board, especially when compared to previous games.

Kacho

Yeah, especially if they're aware of the reaction to EDF, lol. But hey, not the dumbest move to make. But I think the bigger issue is the fanbase not really being happy with the look of Veilguard across the board, especially when compared to previous games.
Ha! Would be funny, but I suspect the decision for this was made several weeks ago when the reveal was met with loads of scrutiny. The bean counters are definitely looking at ways to maximize sales on PC, and we can see that decision is working in this thread. A shit sandwich tastes a whole lot better with the full suite of Steam features.

simpatico

Gold Member
Saw this earlier. Feels like a move made to maximize sales given the tepid response.
Yeah, if everyone was frothing at the mouth for this game the team of savant geniuses who work on the EA Play app would be popping champagne and binging caviar. “Time to release 4 updates in the same week.” “Don’t forget to make sure it forgets your log in every time you close it”

Mercador

So they finally understand that those launchers are causing some profit losses for Steam Deck users. Just running NFS Heat the other day was a pain.

Cyberpunkd

Bizarre, if not welcomed move. However the next question is: if they can remove EA app for Veilguard why not remove it for all the other EA games already on Steam?

Top Bottom