• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

Mikey Jr.

I wish Toriyama didn't make Vegeta out to such a weakling. He'll always get 1 good shot in, then get fucked up for the rest of the movie/episode.

I hate it.

jaxword

I wish Toriyama didn't make Vegeta out to such a weakling. He'll always get 1 good shot in, then get fucked up for the rest of the movie/episode.

I hate it.

It's always been that way, though? His character has always been about the hubris of arrogance.

That's like complaining that they throw energy blasts, that's been a staple of the series since the start.

MikeMyers

BfrfzKPCUAAS_Ea.jpg

jaxword

This has been bothering me for a bit, how did Future Trunks end up with the Brave Sword?

There's no in-series reason, but depending on you if you personally take it as canon, he received it from Tapion in movie 13. So in other words, an unseen version of movie 13 happened in Trunks' timeline.

Alternatively, Bulma made it for him in the ruined future.

MikeMyers

The Majin Buu arc is 99 chapters long, and 91 episodes in Dragon Ball Z. So if Kai followed the 3 chapters per episode route, the arc will be 33 episodes long. Knowing Toei they'll probably drag it out to be 46 episodes; around half as long as the Buu Arc in Z.

Filler I would like to see stay in
*Most Fight Filler
*Great Saiyaman filler
*Yamcha and Bulma's Dragon Ball Hunt

The cutaways need to die. Mr. Satan constantly day-dreaming about the Cell Games, Goten and Trunks taking a #1 break, and Dabura searching for Gohan in Heaven. Stuff like that just needs to stay dead.

Vs. Gero, I forget.

Vs. Imperfect Cell, I'm pretty sure that's still in there.

The latter is in Episode 71, haven't found the first one yet.

BHZ Mayor

So I saw the fight between SSJG Goku and Bills, and aside from the end, it seemed a lot more grounded than usual. More focus on (almost) evenly matched hand to hand fighting rather than back and forth one-sidedness.

So I saw the fight between SSJG Goku and Bills, and aside from the end, it seemed a lot more grounded than usual. More focus on (almost) evenly matched hand to hand fighting rather than back and forth one-sidedness.

I think they also said that they didn't want to show too much destruction and ruined landscapes, because of the recent natural and non-natural disasters in Japan.

MikeMyers

Hmm, was trying to see if Toriyama had any interviews about Tenshinhan and Yamcha. It seems he contradicts himself.

Interview #1
Q2. Did Lunch ever manage to meet up with Tenshinhan?
A. I wonder...Tenshinhan gave Lunch the cold shoulder, but she tenaciously persisted, and ultimately they were together! Couldn't that be it? (laughs)

Q5. Was Yamcha able to become happy?
A. I've al~ways had that feeling (laughs).

In the question over whether Yamcha was able to "become happy", the phrase in question (shiawase ni naru) seems to often be used when discussing marriage (or lack thereof). The picture that goes with it is Yamcha, directly after the Cell Games, talking about how his girlfriend wants an expensive necklace. So I guess you can draw your own conclusions.

Interview #2
First, a word of warning: I am a considerably arbitrary creator, so I’ve imagined what happens after for these three for the first time just now. The possibility that I have made mistakes about the characters’ backgrounds is great. Proceed with caution.

Yamcha’s Epilogue:
Like you, KenKoba1, he has the dilemma of loving women but not being good around them, so he is still wandering blindly in search of the ideal partner he won’t be nervous around. He’s even worked in a host club, but because of his nervousness, it didn’t go well and he was fired. His livelihood is mainly working together with Pu’er as a freelance bodyguard, but he occasionally goes to Tenshinhan’s to help with the farm, as well.

Tenshinhan’s Epilogue:
Stoic Tenshinhan mainly does farming in addition to his training. He can split into multiple bodies and grow extra arms, so harvesting the crops goes quickly. He was found by Lunch, who fell in love with him at first sight and had been constantly pursuing his whereabouts, and even reluctantly lived together with her; but she wasn’t cut out for farming, and Tenshinhan has no interest in romance, so she left after just a few days. After that, it seems Lunch apparently stops in from time to time.

So he seems to imply Yamcha got married and Tenshinhan got with Lunch, but his later interview contradicts that. Although seeing as he gave that warning in the second interview, I'm more inclined to be loyal to the first interview.

FSLink

Banned
So finishing up the rest of my Dragon Box collection I suppose I should get the Kai sets too...
Is it worth it to hunt down the Yamamoto sets?

MikeMyers

Got Dragon Ball Season 1-5 set for my birthday last week, now I have the entire anime including Z and GT.

Just need to get the Namek-Buu arc mangas now.

Takao

Banned
Japanese rock band “Good Morning America” has announced via their official website that their new single “Dear Zarathustra” (拝啓、ツラツストラ; Haikei, Tsuratsusutora) will be the new ending theme song for Dragon Ball Kai as it picks back up for the Majin Buu arc. They do note that this theme will only be used for the first quarter of the story arc, indicating that there will be additional ending themes used as the arc progresses, similar to what was done with Dragon Ball GT.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/03/02/new-ending-theme-dragon-ball-kai-majin-buu-arc-announced/

Fuji TV has officially announced its new show line-up for the spring of 2014, including Dragon Ball Kai, the “refreshed” version of the Dragon Ball Z TV series originally created for its 20th anniversary in 2009. Along with the announcement, a brief listing of main staff and cast is provided. In addition to the main cast of Kai returning, some of the main cast from the Majin Buu arc of Z will be returning as well, including Kōzō Shioya as Majin Buu and Yūji Mitsuya as Kaiōshin.

However, as seen back in 2009 with Kai, some recasting will be occurring. Videl, originally played by Yūko Minaguchi in Z and most recently in the Battle of Gods film, will be portrayed by Shino Kakinuma, the wife of series veteran Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo). In addition, the role of Babidi will be portrayed by Bin Shimada instead of series narrator Jōji Yanami. There has been no official word yet about the casting of Dabra, Kibito, or other such minor characters.

There will also be a bit of a shakeup in the series’ staff. Most significantly, and due to the series’ musical controversy in 2011, the musical composition will be taken over by Norihito Sumitomo who most recently composed the score for Battle of Gods. Rounding out changes to the music department, Satoshi Motoyama will be joining veteran Yukio Nagasaki as audio director. Additionally, all three of the series’ producers will be new to the franchise, so it will be interesting to compare this to the adaptation of the previous story arcs. As expected, veteran series animator Tadayoshi Yamamuro is listed as lead animator for both the new opening and ending animations.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/03/08/dragon-ball-kai-majin-buu-arc-staff-cast-confirmations/

FSLink

Banned
I definitely raised an eyebrow at that Japanese band name initially.

I wonder if the opening song will be replaced too.

RELAYER

Banned
What would happen if the earth were destroyed while someone was in the hyperbolic time chamber?
does that dimension get destroyed too or does the door just disappear or what

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It happens sometime in that massive amount of time between the end of the cell saga and the next world's martial art tournament. Plenty of time there and it happened off screen.

MikeMyers

because at least he isn't yamcha?

In some filler scene after the Cell Games are over Yamcha tells Krillin that 18 will come back to him one day, and he knows why this because he is the most experienced with women.

Oh and there's a filler line where Gohan is all like "it was all thanks to daddy I won." Dat Toei Goku fanboyism.

jaxword

18 fell for Krillin because she reconsidered after seeing him make a selfless wish for her.

Toriyama admitted he can't write romance so he just said he didn't give up over the years and she warmed up to that. He did say that 18 is scary when she's angry so Krillin is a bit more passive at times.

Top Bottom