• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero PS5 Pre-Orders Tracking Above Call of Duty on PS Store

Inanilmaz

Are you just referring to the grass?
I don’t think anything looks too realistic, and it’s the first time we get destruction that stays for the entire match too!
In general actually. Even buildings in namek looked like real life toys for example. Not extreme, but its there. I think its more obvious if the map is not dark & with lots of light.

Beside the optical things, yeah the game seems good tho. Can't complain about that.

Just due to the hype around the game and the ridiculous roster size I know people who are only so-so into anime that are going to pick it up.
Online should be nice and healthy for months.

Codes 208

In general actually. Even buildings in namek looked like real life toys for example. Not extreme, but its there. I think its more obvious if the map is not dark & with lots of light.

Beside the optical things, yeah the game seems good tho. Can't complain about that.
again, I dont see an issue with that. I’m rewatching dbs: broly rn and theres a distinct difference between the painted backgrounds and the flatter cel-shaded characters

nial

Can’t wait for this one. BT is an underrated franchise.
Lol no, pretty overrated actually.
But still, BT3 was the ultimate DB simulator, so I could definitely see why it was THAT popular. I liked it a lot on PS2 myself.
BNE has a +10M seller in its hands.

Beechos

I'm just curious what's new in these dragon ball z games that seem to come out every year? Are they pretty much like yearly cod/sports games like wwe at this point?

Codes 208

I'm just curious what's new in these dragon ball z games that seem to come out every year? Are they pretty much like yearly cod/sports games like wwe at this point?
Major dbz games usually launch every 2 years.

That said dbz has several genres associated with it. RPG (xenoverse, fusions and kakarot), arena fighter (BT, sparking zero), 2d fighter (fighterz), 2.5d fighter (budokai, burst limit) and random ass bullshit (breakers, ultimate tenkaichi, battle if z, all the mobile games) so for us db fans our excitement is generally based on which genre theyre going with. For me, the best genre is arena fighter (so this, BT, and raging blast)
Looks like im the only one in the world that complains & has an issue with that haha
I mean i get it, everyone has their nitpicks.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

The hype got to me, I upgraded my pre-order from Standard to Ultimate. It costs around $180 but whatevs, I don’t buy many games day one anymore and this will likely be my GOTY.

I like that you need to unlock fighters to play as them. Going to be at this for a long time.

Last edited:

Codes 208

The hype got to me, I upgraded my pre-order from Standard to Ultimate. It costs around $180 but whatevs, I don’t buy many games day one anymore and this will likely be my GOTY.

I like that you need to unlock fighters to play as them. Going to be at this for a long time.
Ive been enjoying the memes. Right now theres a fierce debate on Cabba vs SSJ4 Gogeta

I’m not even kidding

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Any Tenkaichi fans want to explain to me why this series gets so much hype?

Even when I was young, I remember there being alot of die hard Tenkaichi fans online. I always felt Budokai 3 was always the superior title back in the day gameplay. They both were out around the same time and I was surprised at how people prefered the Tenkaichi games. DBZ Fighter is another example. It came out in 2018 and the graphics are more authentic to the anime in that game than they are in Sparking Zero. Yet the latter has way more hype.

Is it just purely because of the large roster, the nostalgia due to how long it's been since Tenkaichi 3 and how the combat more mirrors the anime? Or is it another aspect of the franchise that you like more than Budakai and DBZ Fighter?
No other fighter comes close IMO.
It’s basically a Dragonball Fighting Simulator, allowing you to pull off the craziest moves ever seen. As I mentioned earlier every move can be countered allowing you to turn the tide at any moment (if you can keep up), and the combo chains you can pull off are enormous. The potential is limitless and button mashing will only get you so far against someone who has endured the steep learning curve.

Last edited:

Saber

Any Tenkaichi fans want to explain to me why this series gets so much hype?

All things I'm gonna say here is based on Budokai Tenkaichi series, not sure it will be identical to Sparking:
- Battles are closer to what DBZ fights are in general
- A way bigger roster even despite having 300 Gokus (something Fighter Z absurdly fails)
- A combat that has simple commands yet has to be mastered to fully take advantage of combat(so it's not just holding a controller and pressing X). For instant, teleporting around, using follow up dashs(which can backfire), charge attacks on the right time, etc
- Trasnformations/fusions in battle. Transformations can be reverted back in battle as well
- Way better variation of things to do, like Karins Tower and itens to level up your character from different ways
- Techs that variates from character to character. Kurilin Ultimate Tech ignores defense(theres no way for you to block, you have to evade), Tenshihan Ultimate you can keep going until you reach 1 HP, Dodonpa (and other finger techs) are easy to throw with faster execution but harder to hit, Kamehameha(and similar charged techs) are more powerfull but requires charging up for fully potential and the enemy can still defend or deflect, Android barriers are easy defense mechanics for gap closer moves(or combo techs) but leaves you exposed to ranged attacks, etc.

Last edited:

Beechos

Major dbz games usually launch every 2 years.

That said dbz has several genres associated with it. RPG (xenoverse, fusions and kakarot), arena fighter (BT, sparking zero), 2d fighter (fighterz), 2.5d fighter (budokai, burst limit) and random ass bullshit (breakers, ultimate tenkaichi, battle if z, all the mobile games) so for us db fans our excitement is generally based on which genre theyre going with. For me, the best genre is arena fighter (so this, BT, and raging blast)

I mean i get it, everyone has their nitpicks.
Thanks for the clarification besides the fighter z one, the gameplay in all the others look the same to me. My favorite one was back in the snes days...it was a turn based rpg where you would use cards to execute battle commands. I beat that game not knowing a lick of Japanese.

This game is going to be a massive success. There are more generations into DB than ever, reaching so many countries in its life span, the characters are well known through the world.

Codes 208

Fuck yes, We’re getting a good ol’ cinematic intro just like the old days (iirc raging blast 2 was the last one to do this)

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Thanks for the clarification besides the fighter z one, the gameplay in all the others look the same to me. My favorite one was back in the snes days...it was a turn based rpg where you would use cards to execute battle commands. I beat that game not knowing a lick of Japanese.

This is the ultimate “who will win between character A and B” match-up simulator among the fandom with over 180 characters, and welcoming to players of all skill levels.

The catch is the original DB is underrepresented and only 12 stages. Hopefully they will rectify that in DLCs

PatientGamer

Gold Member
Seems like pre-order sales have just blown COD 6 out of the water and is in #1 spot.

The last true game of this ilk came in 2007.

So we have at least 2 generations of gamers who have never touched a tenkaichi game, now getting to experience it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it sells Wu Kong numbers before long.

Banjo64

cumsessed

£69.99 for the Ultimate Edition in the UK, a significant mark down.

I was reading about CD Keys this morning, and have used them for years. Whilst they use legitimate keys, it seems they may acquire them in bulk from dirt cheap regions like Czechoslovakia so the developers likely get little to no money.

As such, for stuff I want to support like this and From Soft games - I’ll just buy from official store fronts.

Sharing the above in case anyone needs the saving and could do with taking £30 off the RRP though.

Zacfoldor

"And so, one of the Earth’s greatest warriors has vanished in a blinding flash of light. Having made the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of his loved ones. His name was Vegeta, a proud Saiyan Prince."​

Day fucking 1 Monke bros. Don't miss it.

Top Bottom