• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
My hot take: the shots of the new Goku we've seen so far are just the process of the transformation to indicate a combo of blue+red (which is why red came back again) and it'll be something different.

I also can't see them wanting to constantly be drawing Goku with all of the auras either

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
NoyDHwI.png
14o0RQk.png

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/902068996387700736

Stop asking for tails

SaviourMK2

Get outta here with
that Roshi dying crap
. Nice try Toei Animation for trying to pull a fast one on me, I knew you didn't have the coconuts to do something that dramatic.

Skii

My hot take: the shots of the new Goku we've seen so far are just the process of the transformation to indicate a combo of blue+red (which is why red came back again) and it'll be something different.

I also can't see them wanting to constantly be drawing Goku with all of the auras either

I'd be very surprised if they revealed his big new transformation through promo materials when the opening itself tries to disguise it.

But whatever that in between form is, it looks pretty cool.

Tsunamo

I'm more curious about the trigger for the form than I am about how the form itself looks.

Gokus eyes in there look full of anger.

Protome

Y'all are overthinking it. He's going to see Piccolo absorb another Namekian then steal that technique and absorb Gohan.

I'm more curious about the trigger for the form than I am about how the form itself looks.

Gokus eyes in there look full of anger.

I doubt he'll have a trigger beyond probably "OH NO WE'RE GOING TO LOSE AND EVERYONE WILL DIE."

They've kinda written themselves into a corner on that one. Trillions of people have been killed for the entertainment of two kids (twice now), he didn't get a new form. Master Roshi 'died' and he didn't get a new form. So it needs to be something worse than his master dying or genocide.
Watch it just be Freiza betraying him or something.

Y'all are overthinking it. He's going to see Piccolo absorb another Namekian then steal that technique and absorb Gohan.

I doubt he'll have a trigger beyond probably "OH NO WE'RE GOING TO LOSE AND EVERYONE WILL DIE."

They've kinda written themselves into a corner on that one. Trillions of people have been killed for the entertainment of two kids (twice now), he didn't get a new form. Master Roshi 'died' and he didn't get a new form. So it needs to be something worse than his master dying or genocide.

it might be as simple as Jiren or someone embarrassing his son or dissing Saiyans. Then that pride kicks in. That combined with the obvious threat of being erased.

oops double post

Omni

That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, though. Could lead to some real character development from Goku finally.

(lmao)

Nah, I've got it.

He uses the multiform technique, then does the fusion dance with his own multiform, causing a fusion that is just goku but much stronger.

He doesn't have the normal clothes of a fusion danced person because one of them stripped, ripping the top off in the process, and he got changed back in to what was left after the fusion.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2017-08-2813_35_47-neklk16.png

Are those tears? is he crying? if yes something bad must happen.

Getting Gohan vibes from this.

giphy.gif

Piers

Wonder if his new form is Toriyama once again trying to tone down, or entirely do away with flashy transformations.
I say "once again" because Battle of Gods movie had implied that Goku didn't really need anything stronger after absorbing godhood. Then RoF threw that out the window.

88random

It absolutely isn't, if it was power level, it would be called power level. The most clear demonstration that mortal level = enlightenment level is Universe 9. The GoD was morally weak, the Kai was a scumbag, and the universe was portrayed (and outright called it by themselves) as being brutish and rough (during the Freeza recruitment, amongst other times)...hence they were bottom of the league table. It's even more blatantly enlightenment level down to how much of DB is based on Buddhist philosophy, the ultimate goal of which is enlightenment..not power.

tl;dr - mortal level = enlightenment level, not power.

You can't claim that as a fact since it was never said exactly.

https://youtu.be/rqkGRvcADrU?t=2m35s

And this conversation kinda makes it leaning more to power level.

daveo42

Banned
I get why death sucks in Dragon Ball and why everyone should be sad, but at the same time it's just a minor inconvenience and a very temporary thing. I mean, Babba could bring them back for a day, Goku can go fucking visit you in the afterlife, or you just get resurrected by the Dragon Balls. People die and come back to life like once a week.

Maybe Toppo kills Gohan?

I could see this happening.

Dude it's not power level

If it was power level and universe 7 is second from the bottom,then there is no way they should be knocking out dudes left and right

It's probably based on an average. Most of Universe 7 are weaklings in comparison. You've got the Z fighters that rose to the top, but outside of them, there isn't a whole lot left.

LogicStep

WTF a new form? When is it supposed to debut? Next episode?

BTW death is dumb in dragon Ball, people just get wished back. And even dead they can go visit them in the afterlife so whatever. Or they can come on a one day pass. Death is not that big of a deal to me in dragon Ball. It's still emotional of course, Roshi in this case, but come on.

HeroR

Never, Akira Toriyama doesn't draw the manga anymore and so there is no reason not to have Saiyan characters with tails nowadays.

Besides, it wouldn't surprise me when we get a U6 focused Arc the lack of tails might become a interesting story point (maybe for powerup/transformation into something new)

According to lore, Saiyans with tails are weaker than Saiyans without tails. So given U6 Saiyans tail wouldn't make them stronger.

Skeeter49

Grabs Gohan by the neck and forces the earring on him.

Goku : You can DQ GOKU and Gohan, but you can't DQ Gokan.

Skeeter49

Theory : what if to make the fights more intense, Zeno deletes the fighters who were eliminated, so Krillin, Tien, and Vegeta, and maybe their universes as well, and that makes Goku transform?

Everything being gone would help the pace pick up. Maybe the episode before the special is when that happens, or in the first half of the special.

88random

Dude it's not power level

If it was power level and universe 7 is second from the bottom,then there is no way they should be knocking out dudes left and right

I'm pretty sure you and everyone else know what average means (and deviations), so I'm not going to explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom