• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no lying that Gohan sees piccolo as a secondary father figure and a mentor in the same way Goku sees Master roshi. But to say Gohan doesn't love and look at goku for his approval is getting tiresome. At this point piccolo is like the cool uncle.

It would be really cool if DB Super emulates most other current shonen shows and has simultaneous cast battles that all conclude a bit before the Goku/Jiren finale.

Is Vegeta going to get a good fight?

Morlas

I know it's a fun meme to say about how goku is a terrible father and in many ways he is, but to say he doesn't care about his family is a load of bull

03b30f77becc6e9d56237ff35392f5a181643b30_hq.gif

HeroR

Yet Goku needed Vegeta to remind him that Gohan exists.

Why would Gohan be the first thing on his mind when a) Gohan retired from fighting and b) Goten is right there when Vegeta said, 'take your son'?

There's no lying that Gohan sees piccolo as a secondary father figure and a mentor in the same way Goku sees Master roshi. But to say Gohan doesn't love and look at goku for his approval is getting tiresome. At this point piccolo is like the cool uncle.

He sees Piccolo more like an uncle, not another father-figure. It's the same way he feels about Krillin. Master Roshi actually raised Goku after he lost his grandfather. Piccolo dumped Gohan in the wilderness for six months before training him.

I know it's a fun meme to say about how goku is a terrible father and in many ways he is, but to say he doesn't care about his family is a load of bull

giphy.gif

Is that clip speeded up?

HeroR

Since nobody posted this here, from perucho1990 on Kanzenshuu:

悟飯とピッコロが敵の狙撃手に狙われる。敵の姿は見当たらず、気を感じることもできない。追い詰められる2人を、悟空、ベジータ、天津飯が救出に動

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/dragonball_super/index.html

Piccolo and Gohan get rescued by Goku,Vegeta and Tien.

Since nobody posted this here:

Tien's time to shine.

caliph95

Since nobody posted this here:

I'm surprised Tien doesn't hold a grudge

Recently read the whole Zamasu climax in the manga. Hadn't read/completed the whole thing and how it wraps up prior to that. (Still didn't read the parts where they are back in the normal timeline). In concept I like the whole "Zamasu becomes the universe" better and I thought the clone thing was ultimately a lamer way to escalate it, but the way it's actually handled is so epic. When Vegeta offers to fight them off until the end and tells the others to go back and "pray for a miracle". Then Goku smiling at Vegeta and says he's staying to fight with him. When Trunks is about to leave with the time machine, Goku asking Vegeta if he has a plan and him replying "of course not!" Their smiling/defeated expressions like they've accepted their deaths. Then the whole shot where it shows the standoff with them against thousands of Zamasus. I love all of that. Then Vegeta's line afterwards. That whole setup stands out to me as one of my favorite DB moments. (And most of the art throughout it I love) Of course, the Zeno stuff happens right after which is kinda whatever.

When I watched the anime, them calling Zeno didn't bother me at all. But when I was reading the manga, I was thinking of the potential of how cool it would be to see Goku and Vegeta just go out like warriors in that moment, getting basically brutally beat down by Zamasu, and then somehow the arc would continue with Future Trunks as the main character back in the normal timeline.

I also really like how they handled Vegeta deciding to fuse with Goku a lot more in the manga. Love that conversation he has with Trunks. Just the whole escalation of events in those chapters are so freaking good. I do remember thinking the anime version of the arc started off stronger so I wonder how I'll feel about the manga version of it when I eventually get to reading it all the way through again. As of now I feel pretty high on that arc and excited for the manga in general. I also skipped to read the chapter with Vegeta vs Beerus and that was a really fun section as well. I hope the manga keeps doing stuff differently and showing things that the anime doesn't. I like that I can cool things that are exclusive to both the manga and the anime.

Is that clip speeded up?

Yup

Also seeing that Zeno scene in the manga made me rewatch it in the anime and I feel like its foreshadowing/hinting at how the manipulation of Zeno will play a role in the story later. I do think he probably would have come to the decision to destroy Zamasu without Goku telling him he should, but just the way he's in Zeno's ear like "right?", "you should destroy him!" makes me think it is intentionally hinting at things to come.

I think it's good how in the manga version Goku mentions to Zeno that they are friends in a different timeline. I always thought it was somewhat odd in the anime how Goku kinda just hugged him without giving context on who he is.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Since nobody posted this here, from perucho1990 on Kanzenshuu:

Posted on Saturday actually.

Unbounded

It was really nice getting to see Roshi curbstomp everyone with just pure technique and skill instead of just overpowering everyone.

Heck, it was great seeing that in DB in general.

KHlover

Banned
It was really nice getting to see Roshi curbstomp everyone with just pure technique and skill instead of just overpowering everyone.

Heck, it was great seeing that in DB in general.

He overpowered the third guy. MAX POWER Kamehameha, good to see it again.

Unbounded

He overpowered the third guy. MAX POWER Kamehameha, good to see it again.

Yeah and it was a little bit of a bummer, but I guess in the end raw power is kind of a big deal.

That said, probably my favorite episode in a while. I missed the usage of technique and clever fighting methods. It's pretty much why I loved Dragonball so much.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Also apparently the sniper has to be weak because otherwise he'd be fighting with his fists! So not only are Gohan and Piccolo jobbing, but they're jobbing to a weak fighter!
Just saw the thread. Some people really need to chill out and wait for the episode.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How's Krillin btw

Not that I would think that would happen
An unfortunate casualty. Roshi had about as much development as Krillin and is still in, however.

Gohan's been getting a big focus in the show and external marketing, so there's your difference.

Skeeter49

I shit on Goku a lot, but I did love his moment with Roshi, and the one in 90 where he realized Gohan's been there this whole time.

Probably the few times I've found Goku likable.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I shit on Goku a lot, but I did love his moment with Roshi, and the one in 90 where he realized Gohan's been there this whole time.

Personally that's the Goku I like seeing the most. It's the same for the original series.

HeroR

That's because Goku doesn't show his 'human' side often. He's kind of a brick except when it comes to fighting.

I-hate-u

Goku doesn't show his "human" side a lot, that's why his speech to Gohan before he instant transmitted Cell to his death really struck something with little boy wonder.

That's when imo Gohan's adoration for his father heightened to the level we have had since the Buu arc (like him choosing to wear battle clothes like Goku's instead of Piccolo's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom