• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

Haven't seen Slaythe's posts in a while after people where ragging on him after the androids reveal in DBFz. I hope the dude is doing fine.

Btw, what do y'all think is the best Gohan outfit?

5153544-5113391-5073646-b91032d50b442ee913470f0c2e45cdb9.jpg

close second is

Snap2145628ki9.jpg

darklin0

Banned
I am pretty sure Gohan is gonna double knockout with someone that is considered a huge threat.

There is no way this ark ends without Goku being the last hope for Universe 7.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
It reminded me slightly of when he found out Zamasu/Black had killed Goten and Chi-Chi. I want more moments like that.

Even that, it was less vulnerability and just readjusted his motivations to fight for a little. I don't know how I feel about this arc, it's really long in the tooth for this tournament before any sort of narrative twist, but the little moments between Gohan and the locket and Goku and Roshi have been nice and felt authentic.

Recently read the whole Zamasu climax in the manga. Hadn't read/completed the whole thing and how it wraps up prior to that. (Still didn't read the parts where they are back in the normal timeline). In concept I like the whole "Zamasu becomes the universe" better and I thought the clone thing was ultimately a lamer way to escalate it, but the way it's actually handled is so epic. When Vegeta offers to fight them off until the end and tells the others to go back and "pray for a miracle". Then Goku smiling at Vegeta and says he's staying to fight with him. When Trunks is about to leave with the time machine, Goku asking Vegeta if he has a plan and him replying "of course not!" Their smiling/defeated expressions like they've accepted their deaths. Then the whole shot where it shows the standoff with them against thousands of Zamasus. I love all of that. Then Vegeta's line afterwards. That whole setup stands out to me as one of my favorite DB moments. (And most of the art throughout it I love) Of course, the Zeno stuff happens right after which is kinda whatever.

When I watched the anime, them calling Zeno didn't bother me at all. But when I was reading the manga, I was thinking of the potential of how cool it would be to see Goku and Vegeta just go out like warriors in that moment, getting basically brutally beat down by Zamasu, and then somehow the arc would continue with Future Trunks as the main character back in the normal timeline.

I also really like how they handled Vegeta deciding to fuse with Goku a lot more in the manga. Love that conversation he has with Trunks. Just the whole escalation of events in those chapters are so freaking good. I do remember thinking the anime version of the arc started off stronger so I wonder how I'll feel about the manga version of it when I eventually get to reading it all the way through again. As of now I feel pretty high on that arc and excited for the manga in general. I also skipped to read the chapter with Vegeta vs Beerus and that was a really fun section as well. I hope the manga keeps doing stuff differently and showing things that the anime doesn't. I like that I can cool things that are exclusive to both the manga and the anime.

Yup

After reading it again I can agree that the manga version isn't half bad. It just has many things that pisses me off.

Like making Black and Zamasu not be Kaioshins but still be able to use the time rings.

Or Shin performing the ritual on Trunks but never telling him he can heal people.

HeroR

After reading it again I can agree that the manga version isn't half bad. It just has many things that pisses me off.

Like making Black and Zamasu not be Kaioshins but still be able to use the time rings.

Or Shin performing the ritual on Trunks but never telling him he can heal people.

I don't really like Trunks' speech to get him to fused since it feels like regression on Vegeta's character and the fact he outright refused to fight with Goku when a Fusion was kicking their butts and took turns.

Then again, Manga Vegeta acts like a mix of his Buu and Cell Saga self so maybe it isn't so much regression on Manga Vegeta, but the fact that he hasn't shown much of the growth he had after the Buu Saga and that Anime Vegeta is far more mature and developed.

I don't really like Trunks' speech to get him to fused since it feels like regression on Vegeta's character and the fact he outright refused to fight with Goku when a Fusion was kicking their butts and took turns.

Then again, Manga Vegeta acts like a mix of his Buu and Cell Saga self so maybe it isn't so much regression on Manga Vegeta, but the fact that he hasn't shown much of the growth he had after the Buu Saga and that Anime Vegeta is far more mature and developed.

This too. It was beyond moronic for them to fight alone there.

caliph95

That ritual bothers me.

Why would there be a ritual to turn a mortal into an attendant when it seems like a Kai job or whatever race Kibito and attendant

why would you lose abilities when you get promoted especially when you're a creation God wouldn't you need healing

Why wouldn't Future Shin tell Trunks he has new abilities especially when he did it to deal with buu

What did Trunks think it was for

HeroR

That ritual bothers me.

Why would there be a ritual to turn a mortal into an attendant when it seems like a Kai job or whatever race Kibito and attendant

why would you lose abilities when you get promoted especially when you're a creation God wouldn't you need healing

Why wouldn't Future Shin tell Trunks he has new abilities especially when he did it to deal with buu

What did Trunks think it was for

I want that *It just raises too many questions* gif from Batman Forever.

That ritual bothers me.

We know that non-golden fruits can become kai, so regular mortals could in theory become kais as well.

I guess the software update came with some drawbacks?

It's Shin.

Just finished the Trunks arc! Holy shit was this arc an improvement over everything super related thus far. This is the best arc since the cell games imo. Short, little filler, great characters, good story. Absolutely phenomenal for a DB fan.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Rewatch the episode again and it's such a perfect episode.

Roshi and Tien's episode prior was pretty shit, but this completely redeemed Roshi. I hope Tien gets the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom