• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how likely is this whole tournament going to end with goku using the dragon balls to recreate the destroyed universes and telling tweedle dee and dum that by keeping the universes alive they can have this great tournament more times instead of just once.

daveo42

Banned
So how likely is this whole tournament going to end with goku using the dragon balls to recreate the destroyed universes and telling tweedle dee and dum that by keeping the universes alive they can have this great tournament more times instead of just once.

It's what I expected from the start of the arc, so it won't really be a surprise when it does happen. I'd hope for something a bit more unique, but we're talking about Dragon Ball here.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Let's ask Trunks how his happy ending worked out.

How many breaks are happening? I really just want to get done with all these fodder fights because most haven't been all that entertaining besides 17 and Roshi's (even though his felt a little ridiculous).

The climax or the tournament is starting with the hour long episode in October.

Blader

I fully expect the Goku/Jiren fight to start before everyone else from the tournament is eliminated. Aren't there still like 30-40 characters left? I think all the remaining fighters will just hit pause and sit still to watch their fight.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I fully expect the Goku/Jiren fight to start before everyone else from the tournament is eliminated. Aren't there still like 30-40 characters left? I think all the remaining fighters will just hit pause and sit still to watch their fight.
They won't pause. More like a bunch of big battles going on at once from the sound of it.

daveo42

Banned
Anyone thinking there will be more than one universe left at the end of ToP? I'm thinking U6, U2, and maybe U11 will probably have people left unless there is some massive clearing happening. Having more than one universe left over also makes for more crowd reaction shots during the final fight.

They won't pause. More like a bunch of big battles going on at once from the sound of it.

I think we'll see Goku and Jiren square off early and then switching off to other fights to wrap up all the other big fights and universe erasure(s) before we get to the actual fight.

Cant remember If they have done this before on dragon ball

It'll probably be handled similarly to stuff in One Piece, except they'll probably conclude fights in succession instead of bouncing between them several times.

Anyone thinking there will be more than one universe left at the end of ToP? I'm thinking U6, U2, and maybe U11 will probably have people left unless there is some massive clearing happening. Having more than one universe left over also makes for more crowd reaction shots during the final fight.

I think we'll see Goku and Jiren square off early and then switching off to other fights to wrap up all the other big fights and universe erasure(s) before we get to the actual fight.

It'll probably be handled similarly to stuff in One Piece, except they'll probably conclude fights in succession instead of bouncing between them several times.

I fully expect at the 5 minute mark, HP will say "if there is more than one universe remaining when time is up, everyone will be destroyed."

Probably right after a last minute alliance is made.

thats-good.gif

Not really surprised since they usually bring him in for this type of stuff.

Since the special is the start of the climax of the tournament Shida showing up there makes me think the arc's end is a ways away, making me feel more like the tournament isn't the end game of the arc.
Though I guess the battle with Jiren could just go for like 7-10 episodes...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Since the special is the start of the climax of the tournament Shida showing up there makes me think the arc's end is a ways away, making me feel more like the tournament isn't the end game of the arc.
They're starting the turning point with around 40 fighters left... Definitely feels like something else will happen.

Espada

Yeah, all signs point to something going down that changes the tone and direction of this arc (like many predicted). The burning question is what this may be. Grand Priest showing true colors? Frieza and Frost treachery?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, all signs point to something going down that changes the tone and direction of this arc (like many predicted). The burning question is what this may be. Grand Priest showing true colors? Frieza and Frost treachery?

Freeza/Frost seems like the obvious thing. They've been MIA for multiple episodes at this point.

What even could Frost and Frieza do to turn the tide of anything? I guess them being minibosses/part of the final run would be neat, but I see it like this:

Frost partners up with Frieza. The former wants survival since he's probably weaker, and the latter wants a fairly strong friend and a universe that's assured a win. But Frost's universe is like, down a bunch of dudes, so hedging bets on them is pretty bad. (Unless things change, but then again maybe that universe is better off since their total team is probably stronger going by just the secondaries). Does the ruleset even say either person can switch universes? I guess wishing him back in that universe with the dragon balls, but still, that's a stretch.

Frieza is probably crazy strong, but I don't see Frost being all that strong. I don't know. I feel like their teamup is just going to end after an eps of one betraying the other for whatever reason.

Style

Banned
Hit will just slap the crap out of Frost if he misbehaves and I can't see Freeza doing anything impactful with 10 Hakaishin standing by.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Freeza teaches Frost how to reach the next level, he's already been training while on the run so why not? Now Golden Freeza and Silver Frost start causing shit.

IHaveIce

Banned
I just wonder when the other Universes that were spared by the tournament will get into the action and what characters live in them

Seiniyta

Perhaps Jiren has a secondary motive and tries to catch the Zeno's off guard to kill them. Is it stated they are immortal?

Jiren fights Goku who has just showed off his new form, however Jiren is just using a fraction of his power and has been plotting something in the meantime, trying to eliminate the source of the universal threat. Midfight when Jiren and Goku are near the Zeno's, Jiren strikes.

And of course, Freeza takes advantage of the chaos that follows.

MKIL65

Freeza did make the mention a couple episodes back that he swore to reign over Zeno-sama.

I had expected the Zenos to be able to read the mind of Frieza, and then punish him immediately for his rebellious thinking.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from the ultimate beings of the 12 universes.

Daemul

I mean, I think that we're all expecting an epic betrayalon from Frieza at some point, I can see it happening at the end of the special.

Genryu

Banned
I'll never forget that shit lol. Goku just randomly attaining mystical, psychic powers ain't something you can forget!

To be fair, Goku used telepathy to talk to Gohan when he was an Oozaru.

And as long as we're on this track, remember when Master Roshi could read minds?

Daingurse

To be fair, Goku used telepathy to talk to Gohan when he was an Oozaru.

And as long as we're on this track, remember when Master Roshi could read minds?
That initial instance felt just as random to me lol. But you're right, there was precedence before Goku landed on Namek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom