• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

Gohan's been training since RoF and he's always had the best gains in the series.

You mean the best BS gains in the series.

Honestly, when most fans complained about characters not 'earning forms' or getting too strong they really mean for characters don't like.

17 who has been training for decades. Bullshit! 17 shouldn't get that strong! Super ruined!

Gohan trained off and on for about two years, but made his most gain within half a day to the point of rivaling Goku after all he's been through. OMG, Gohan's awesome! I hope he gets a new form!

ElFly

No one ever earns anything in this series, training is always off-screen. That's a pointless conversation to have.

they don't show them doing a trillion push ups, but at least Goku and Vegeta and even Gohan have been shown _starting_ to train

but Gohan gets insane returns on it, even compared to the ridiculous jumps Goku got at some points

Why is he so casual about it doesn't cost him his life
We're lucky we got the four arms techniques before he jobbed to roshi
Yeah doesn't help he also tried using it versus Piccolo/Gohan instead of a faster technique. IMO Kikoho should be saved for his big moment or something

And yup, I was thinking about the four arms thing but that amounted to nothing :(
father-son makankosappo, come on guys
I'm cool with that. I still find it somewhat funny that Gohan said "everyone, separate!" but is still hanging out with his dad

Mory Dunz

Tien did absolutely nothing to warrant hate, unless you watched the 2nd world tournament arc in DB. That's so long ago. He's honorable as hell now. This is the guy who deliberately tried to kill himself to buy time and stall the enemy.

Tien's always low key trying to kill himself.

Tried to vs Nappa with a waste of an attack. He probably just wanted an out.
Tried to vs Cell. Hey, there are people who handle this type of thing. You know, the real fighting.
Showed up against: not Majin, not Super, not Kid, but effin Buutenks. He was probably shooting for Buuhan but was off by a few minutes. Dude has a deathwish >_>

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
they don't show them doing a trillion push ups, but at least Goku and Vegeta and even Gohan have been shown _starting_ to train

but Gohan gets insane returns on it, even compared to the ridiculous jumps Goku got at some points

He's always gotten those crazy returns though. In the Cell arc he went from Krillin tier to Death, Destroyer of Worlds in a year. The fact he was even able to hit Krillin tier as an 8-year-old is madness.

ElFly

I know Kikoho is Tenshinhan's most iconic move but I wish some of his other tecniques came back, like Dodon Ray or the Volleyball one.

he will prolly show off some more old techniques

Roshi got to show the paralyzing ray, the lullaby, the only instance of mafuba working in the series, and his kamehameha while recitting the turtle way

I am sure they will give Ten _something_

he will prolly show off some more old techniques

Roshi got to show the paralyzing ray, the lullaby, the only instance of mafuba working in the series, and his kamehameha while recitting the turtle way

I am sure they will give Ten _something_
they really did Roshi justice. Hopefully Tenshinhan gets the same treatment as you say t_t

HeroR

No one ever earns anything in this series, training is always off-screen. That's a pointless conversation to have.

We saw Goku and Vegeta train for an entire episode in Resurrection 'F' and from different snippets in the same saga. The Champa Saga opens with Goku and Vegeta training and we see some of their training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. In Episode 71 and 72 we saw both Goku and Vegeta training with Goku putting a hit on himself.

This argument of yours hold no water.

He's always gotten those crazy returns though. In the Cell arc he went from Krillin tier to Death, Destroyer of Worlds in a year. The fact he was even able to hit Krillin tier as an 8-year-old is madness.

And we actually saw Gohan earned his strength in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Really of all things to used against Gohan, you picked the one saga where he best earned his power-up. The same with the Saiyans Saga where Gohan had to survived alone for six months before Piccolo boot camped him for another six months.

The Buu Saga is a better example since Gohan slacked off for seven years, was weaker than he was in the Cell Saga, yet within 24 hours of sitting on his butt, he becomes the strongest unfused character. This stands out since Trunks and Goten who are often hammed on for getting Super Saiyan easily actually had to work hard to learn the Fusion Dance.

caliph95

Beaten like a ningen.
download.png

Honestly, when most fans complained about characters not 'earning forms' or getting too strong they really mean for characters don't like.

17 who has been training for decades. Bullshit! 17 shouldn't get that strong! Super ruined!

Gohan trained off and on for about two years, but made his most gain within half a day to the point of rivaling Goku after all he's been through. OMG, Gohan's awesome! I hope he gets a new form!

Zenika boosts FTW. There's a reason why Gohan wanted Goku's full power.

Side note... I want to see Gohan fight Vegeta...

LotusHD

Banned

This is pretty much the root of a lot of criticisms in this thread lol

caliph95

This is pretty much the root of a lot of criticisms in this thread lol
The 17 poachers was the worst even if it was funny sometimes got annoying quick especially when some took it seriously。

17: I was training while fighting off some poachers off the island

everybody: OMG HE GOT STRONGER BY FIGHTING POACHERS

What is he supposed to do?
He can't sense energy.

That's a weak excuse. He could easily feel the planet shaking when Goku transform to SSJ3 or when Babidi forced mental videos on everybody. He did literally nothing.
He should have noticed the energy blast Super Buu shot at everybody with a Ki trace, it most likely would have hit "poaches" near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom