• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Unless that scene is MASSIVELY IMPROVED in the dub, I will never forgive Cauli for "tingly back".

She don't need your forgiveness brah, you can keep it

tumblr_oqneff7Fpc1usrgjso1_500.gif

HeroR

A strong saiyan from another universe on par with base vegeta(ss3 gotenks did nothing) who had the potential to turn into a form he didn’t know existed the same day he learned about it , got the respect from vegeta..VEGETA! And took on a almost pupil type roll only to be sidelined by two other saiyans and not do a damn thing since

Built up breakdown syndrome

Cabba was more of a showcase of Vegeta's character than Cabba's power.

HeroR

Yeah, which is why I closed it immediately. Stay away if you don't want to be mildly spoiled! I did know already, but I'd rather watch the scene completely fresh.

Almost everything in it is pretty much Episode 109. Nothing about 110. Plus, the trailers are always edited to be deceitful.

Pfft she went with gohan immediately after that she was not fazed

I promise you that girl still suffers from ptsd and wakes up in cold sweats.

Don't get mad at Caulifla just because she's too cool for school

I as much as I want to, I just can't with those two. Though me disliking Kale has more to do with me just not liking Broly, but it was nice to see her beat the shit out of Goku.

HardRojo

Almost everything in it is pretty much Episode 109. Nothing about 110. Plus, the trailers are always edited to be deceitful.

Oh I know, but I'm planning to watch the special with a few friends, some beer and stuff (we have a birthday party afterwards) so I want to experience it as fresh as possible :p I mean, it's Jiren finally fighting Goku! And a new form!

Magwik

Banned
I'd rather talk about GT then re-discuss the merits of base SSJ being trash and worthless. Two kids learned it off screen as a way to have fun, Cabba had some mean words thrown at him, and Califu learned from Cabba and contextualized how transforming kind of actually works.

I'd rather talk about GT then re-discuss the merits of base SSJ being trash and worthless. Two kids learned it off screen as a way to have fun, Cabba had some mean words thrown at him, and Califu learned from Cabba and contextualized how transforming kind of actually works.

But Cabba was contextualized.

And we always complained about Trunks and Goten.

I mean, it's a multiplier not a "you have to be this power level to transform" so anyone could do it. It was just not a good scene.

It was always "anger, motivation, it comes at a need, usually to defend it". And then Trunks, Goten and Cali kind of shat on it. I mean, even Kale got it.

HeroR

I mean, it's a multiplier not a "you have to be this power level to transform" so anyone could do it. It was just not a good scene.

It was always "anger, motivation, it comes at a need, usually to defend it". And then Trunks, Goten and Cali kind of shat on it. I mean, even Kale got it.

You do need to be a certain level of power to transform, which is why Kid Goku didn't transformed when Krillin was killed the first time.

According to the guides, to become a Super Saiyan a Saiyans needs:

- A high base power.

- A pure heart

- Anger

The "anger, motivation, it comes at a need, usually to defend it", is mostly a dub line. Also, only Goku became a Super Saiyan from anger. In the manga, Vegeta got the form off-scene with no explanation. The same with Future Trunks. All the rage transformations besides Goku and Gohan (Super Saiyan 2) are anime exclusives.

Fj0823

Pretty sure that's English dub trash

Morlas

Caulifla had plenty of she was the younger sister of Cabbas former commander who he wanted to recruit even with a crippling injury and was said to have a far higher strength potential than him

HeroR

I mean, that "trash" has been validated by several transformations in this series. Ignoring SS3.

Except most of them were anime only, while the manga only showed Gohan getting Super Saiyan 2 from anger. It was never suggested that Goku and Vegeta needed anger to get Super Saiyan 2 and no one knows how Vegeta got Super Saiyan other than 'my heart is pure evil'. Even the ironic Super Saiyan transforming of Future Trunks was anime only since Trunks in the manga was a Super Saiyan before Gohan died.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Thinking of what food to get to eat during the special. Treating this like E3 :/

I have a shit ton of Snickers bar in the fridge, probably enough I guess.

LaNaranja

I glanced at the last few pages and saw people are making lists. Is it of their top five DB characters? If so, the definitive list is:

1. Gohan: They have given my boy Gohan a ton of development and it has been great seeing where they have taken him. He never wanted to be a fighter, he did it because he felt he had to. Dude decided to go home and be a family man after Buu and you gotta respect that. He was trying to build himself a normal life, that is what the Z fighters were supposed to be fighting for in the first place. I loved Trunks being initially disappointed in Gohan only to realize that the life Gohan was living was what he had been fighting for all along. Gohan won at life. He has his daughter Pan, his wife Videl, his father Piccolo and his father in law Hercule who are all good people. Also I really wish they would have kept his Resurrection F hair.

2. Vegeta: Has also seen a lot of development and it is always great to see a character show that zebra can change its strips. The differences in interactions between Vegeta and Future Trunks in Z and Super are like night and day and do a fantastic job at showcasing his growth. Him taking a bullet from Zamasu for Trunks after their Galick Gun fails was fantastic. Everything relating to the birth of his daughter was also great.

3. Piccolo: His transition from fighter to father figure has been disappointing to some but I love it. For as much as Gohan has grown and changed he is still Piccolo's baby and dude never hesitates to take a hit for him. That said he also isn't afraid to hit him with that reality when he needs it, like after Gohan got his ultimate form back.

4. Android 18: Her arc from the Android saga to now has been great. For as much as I love Gohan and Videl, the best couple in the show is totally 18 and Krillin. 18, much like Piccolo, is not afraid to call out a loved one for their shit. Her brief interactions with Krillin are also great, and you always get the sense that she really cares about him. That alone is enough to put her on this list, throw in all the bad ass moments she has had in the current tournament and she is totally one of the best characters in the series.

5. Videl: Similar to Gohan, it has been great to see her transition from Z as she decides she doesn't want to be about that life anymore. She started off as an arrogant Vegeta-like character but in Super she is completely calm and comfortable with where she is in life. If there has been any issue with her it is the extremely limited screen time she has had, but her arc has been great. Seeing her hit the actor with that ether was one of the best moments in Super.

Zubz

Banned
Thinking of what food to get to eat during the special. Treating this like E3 :/

If I didn't have a broken ankle, I'd probably be picking something up, too.

I guess if I slide carefully up the staircase, I could manage a pizza from the door to the kitchen counter, though...

HeroR

I have a shit ton of Snickers bar in the fridge, probably enough I guess.

Going to be a busy Saturday since the Nintendo World Championship is the same day.

I already said Trunks, Goten and Cauli don't count.

So what about Future Trunks in the manga who got Super Saiyan off-scene? The same with Vegeta.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
If I didn't have a broken ankle, I'd probably be picking something up, too.

I guess if I slide carefully up the staircase, I could manage a pizza from the door to the kitchen counter, though...
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon :(

Going to be a busy Saturday since the Nintendo World Championship is the same day.

So what about Future Trunks in the manga who got Super Saiyan off-scene? The same with Vegeta.

* shrug *

Didn't read the manga. First I'm hearing of this.

They kinda do when you are arguing about validation of a inaccurate dub line.

This conversation started by pointing out how they didn't fit the standard of the "inaccurate dub line".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom