• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunamo

I did like that Freeza at least said Gohan should go Super Saiyan. He'd never seen ultimate but saw he could do SSJ in RoF so I liked the consistency there.

I'd love to see Freezas reactions to forms like SSJ3 and the like and comment on them. Shame Goku didn't do the ol' Majin Buu/Beerus/Trunks explaination in RoF and just went straight to Blue, we would've got that if he showed them off to Freeza.

Top 5

1) Gohan: Basically grew up alongside him. Loved most of his moments, be it goofy or badass.

2) Piccolo: Obviously his relationship with Gohan, Goku and the others plays a big part. I liked how his development from villain to hero went on, unlike Vegeta's.

3) 17: He was cool in Z and Super made me love him. He deserves more screentime!

Hmmm next two are difficult to point out. Probably between Videl, Krillin or Tenshinhan.
Well since everyone is making a list:

1) Goku. I also like his character in Super, especially in this arc because I'm a hipster apparently and I loved how savage he is with his 'I don't care' attitude that drives the fan base nuts.

2) Gohan. Yes, I'm harsh with him, but that is mostly because of his fandom tend to downplay his flaws, while making Goku look worst.

3) Krillin. I find his relationship with Goku and Gohan to be some of the best.

4) Goku Black. One of my favorite villains and it's ashamed his scene time was so low compared to other villains.

5) King Piccolo. It was toss up between him and Frieza, but King Piccolo wins for being the first real villain of Dragon Ball, arguably one of the smartest who doesn't run into a lot of flaws that hampers other villains, and coming the closest to winning outside of Buu and Zamasu.
tenor.gif

I-hate-u

If Jiren does something remotely significant, or if Vegeta is eliminated, I'd consider it a success regardless of the new form.

Tamanon

Banned
What's weird is Goku's expression.

That's generally reserved for when he's really pissed off or serious.

I'm wondering what triggers that beyond just not being able to beat Jiren yet.

Toei makes me facepalm too much these days. I'll actually go with the other posters Studio Pierrot >>> Toei and I think Studio Pierrot is complete shit.

Slaythe

I think it's cool DB Super got a (seemingly) nice quality special and one piece got a good episode out of two.

Remember they have limited staff so that's surprising they could pull that off.

We're probably gonna a ton of dead time until Goku gets his shit going with the genkidama ...

Still, better than nothing !

NeonZ

So now we're trying to say that a writer brought in that worked on other high profile shows isn't competent?

He also worked in failures and in one specific case, writing in a model similar to Super's (wrote a movie based on the original author's outline and design), the original author went and redid the story by himself later.

Anyway, in this case, we have most viewers rejecting the reaction of the characters to the events of that episode. So, he did fail there.

(The above was about the Tenshinhan elimination episode and its writer, don't mix up with the bellow one which was about the pre-tournament episode)

And no offense, unless you have some proof, I really hate when fans decides when a writer 'hates' a character based on them no portraying them well. It's the same BS about how all the Super's writers were Vegeta fanboys who made Goku looked bad, until the Kaioken, then all the writers turned in to Goku fanboys who lived to make Vegeta looked bad.

I mean, I mentioned it right there, and you just ignored it in order to post that. In the team sparring episode, Tenshinhan was constantly surprised and complaining about how serious everyone was about a sparring section right before the tournament, and yet the first time he used a ki blast it was already a Kikoho. You know, the attack that takes a lot of control to avoid draining his life force. That's a pretty obvious mistake that basically only can happen if the writer doesn't care about his character beyond being the "Kikoho guy".

brinstar

I wonder, if this new form is caused by the spirit bomb, if it'll still be classed as a super saiyan thing. I always thought it'd be cool if they just left SS behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom