• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's likely with one of the previews mentioning his body throbbing that it only came from this tournament.

Though I rather limit the forms he has but whatever

I dunno. Just makes him seem like a moron to be using all that energy when he knows he could be doing it a better, different way. That's not including the side effects, I mean. Stay in God not JUST for the energy drain and only pump it up to Blue when necessary. I guess it's better than just making God more powerful but still silly in its own way lol

Skeeter49

Working Theory based on 104's preview
Goku's supposed to be fighting a Yardrat in 104, the one Caulifla kicked away in 100, what if they have a poisoning ability or something similar to a poison, that is taking it's toll on Goku, and he needs to heal from it? So he goes SSG for the sole purpose of healing, but also has to help Hit while he's healing? Or something that messes with Goku's ki control, so he messes up the transformation in 105.

Either way, this could potentially have something to do with the Yardrat? Assuming Goku beats him in 104, are they really going to do nothing with him? If it wasn't for the leak no one would think of SSG, so Goku being hurt by the Yardrat would be intended to be a shocking and concerning moment for Goku.

There's also the fact that he might fight more people from U2, and he is still fighting that magical girl for at least a little. Maybe she hurts Goku, or does some type of poison attack.

Last case scenario, is the pride troopers. In 105 it says Hit is surrounded by Pride Troopers,
but only mentions Dyspo, so I would have to think there's more than just Dyspo, maybe they hurt Goku?

N7.Angel

Super is a mess, it's pretty much fan-fiction quality of writing with low budget animation and too much fan service, the only positive I see in Super is the fact that not only Goku and Vegeta are relevant but it doesn't make any sense at the end...

They're so much better animes/mangas atm that I don't really care about what DB has become but I wish those animes would have the same popularity/exposure than this mediocre one, I'm not judging people that are digging the show so far, every taste are in the nature...

Super is a mess, it's pretty much fan-fiction quality of writing with low budget animation and too much fan service, the only positive I see in Super is the fact that not only Goku and Vegeta are relevant but it doesn't make any sense at the end...

They're so much better animes/mangas atm that I don't really care about what DB has become but I wish those animes would have the same popularity/exposure than this mediocre one, I'm not judging people that are digging the show so far, every taste are in the nature...

i'm not the biggest fan, i pretty much know it's not a great anime, but like a lot of people here, we're watching purely by nostalgia!

If i look at it objectively, only Dragon Ball was really enjoyable to me, Z was dumb and its only quality was the fight scenes

N7.Angel

i'm not the biggest fan, i pretty much know it's not a great anime, but like a lot of people here, we're watching purely by nostalgia!

If i look at it objectively, only Dragon Ball was really enjoyable to me, Z was dumb and its only quality was the fight scenes

Sure, many of my friends are watching it for that reason, nothing wrong with this.

RocknRola

People who can't conceive Super making bad decisions are the worst. You don't have to defend everything. Just admit Super fucked up and it doesn't make sense. Toriyama isn't going to kill you in your sleep if you don't religiously stand behind Super.

Well, yeah, but what if sends Arale after people? :O

People who can't conceive Super making bad decisions are the worst. You don't have to defend everything. Just admit Super fucked up and it doesn't make sense. Toriyama isn't going to kill you in your sleep if you don't religiously stand behind Super.

I think it's dumb, but we can at least wait for the episode to air to make final judgments.
I was very against Freeza coming back, but they did it great.

kuYuri

then Goku should have used it from the get go instead of wasting power in blue ya know? If he really wants to fight Jiren and survive it's on his best interest to conserve stamina so shitting around in blue and THEN going Red is dumb. Especially when the show keeps browbeating about conserving energy

You and others definitely have a valid point that can shoot down that theory. Again, the reasoning I used was just an example, I'm not saying it's definitely the reason why we're seeing SSJG, my point was mostly that SSJG may have something advantageous to it that SSJB doesn't have, similar to the different SSJ forms that we saw during the Cell arc having different strengths and weaknesses. The example is actually based a lot on what we saw in the manga with Goku/Vegeta vs Goku Black and how SSJG and SSJB was used in that. But I don't want to directly apply manga logic to the anime because there are clear differences.

I am noticing a trend of DBS reusing a number of plot devices from the original manga, so I can see them reusing this particular one.

Arkeband

Banned
People concerned with continuity about Goku's energy need to be reminded that characters in Super have just as much power/energy as the plot asks for at any time. If Goku wastes a bunch of energy and they actually bother mentioning it, he'll suddenly regain everything through a transformation or the androids will rejuvenate him with some new technique we haven't seen yet.

I love it but it's hard not to be fan fiction when a super popular series has been on hiatus for 20 years.

Fanfiction? Its just a silly comedy series with action and sometimes stakes. Its not goddamn Shakespeare but its not fanfiction either.
Its a decent show aided by nostalgia.

Eylos

Banned
tien_x__launch_by_manokmetz-d9qkjif.png

Launch before breaking up with tien and kicking his ass. And before she decided to leave, and start her off screen training to become the strongest human on par with BLUE.

https://manokmetz.deviantart.com/gallery/

There's others pretty good arts there

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Right now the main thing keeping me watching is the rest of the cast. Goku's continued idiocy has made me really dislike his character in Super outside of a few rare moments. I enjoyed him in the original series.

Eylos

Banned
20664567_1413379755384302_2957906453805367122_n.png.jpg

If you are enjoying the tournament subscribe,like this live and share with your friends. #YOLO #ZAMASUWOULDWIN #WHERE'S MYTWININGS?

"People who can't handle super making bad decisions are the worst..."

Same could be said for the opposite

Its less about defending and more about not making assumptions when we have zero information other than one picture

Skii

I think it's dumb, but we can at least wait for the episode to air to make final judgments.
I was very against Freeza coming back, but they did it great.

Sure but there really isn't any need to defend the decision so vehemently either.
They haven't explain Vegeta gaining SSB, SSR (arguably they didn't have to) and Ikari Trunks. So it's not unreasonable at all to jump to the conclusion that they wont explain this or the explanation will be extremely lacklustre

Also Frieza hasn't done anything of consequence yet in this arc so I wouldn't really call his return "great".

Dunno why you would watch it for any other reason tbh

(DBZ or DBS. Dragon Ball is a different breed)

Fj0823

Oh, "we're at the WORST ANIME EVER BASED ON THESE VAGUE PREVIEWS" stage again.

But hey it won't be as bad as Caulifla turning Blue or Frieza turning good joining the team

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sure but there really isn't any need to defend the decision so vehemently either.
They haven't explain Vegeta gaining SSB, SSR (arguably they didn't have to) and Ikari Trunks. So it's not unreasonable at all to jump to the conclusion that they wont explain this or the explanation will be extremely lacklustre

Also Frieza hasn't done anything of consequence yet in this arc so I wouldn't really call his return "great".

Yeah, all those things such as "this arc needs tension" and "interaction with the team" people wanted haven't really happened...

Crocodile

I have no opinion on "that" until I see episode 104 but episode 95 (right #?) was one of the best episodes of the series and has set up way more potential for the future narrative moving forward. We'll have to see how things turn out moving forward but so far the pay off for Freiza has been way higher than I expected.

Yeah, all those things such as "this arc needs tension" and "interaction with the team" people wanted haven't really happened...

I will at least concede that many episodes look more hype from the previews than they turn out to actually be :p

Anth0ny

Hey what's up everybody Gowasu here and TODAY I'm LIVE at the tournament of power but before we get started I want to let you all know about Capsule Corporation. These guys are the best in the multiverse when it comes to nanotechnology and storage and they are offering YOU, everyone who watches my channel a FREE one month trial if you go to their website right now and enter the promo code MAFUBA that's the promo code MAFUBA they will send you a FREE capsule that will allow you to store pretty much anything including a car, scooter, boat kintoun or ANYTHING you want, and this cap with a Capsule Corporation logo on the front. Definitely check out Capsule Corporation but anyways before we begin I want to play a little game. Before we get started here I'm going to count down and when I hit zero I want you all to SMACK that like button. I think I'm being a little ambitious today, I don't know, but I want to get 25,000 likes on this video. I don't know if you guys want the tournament of power coverage to continue so let me know if you want it to continue by SMACKING that like button okay 3 2 1 SMACK THAT LIKE BUTTON

I'm just here along for the ride. This shit is entertaining, I like (most of) these characters, and I'm a long-time DB fan so I'll keep watching. I'm not gonna defend any inconsistencies or whatever because stuff like that just doesn't affect my enjoyment in either direction, and people are well within their right to criticize what they see as issues with the show.

Besides, Super is all just a Matrix-like simulation created by Baby to punish the remaining Saiyans for destroying the Tuffles.

I have no opinion on "that" until I see episode 104 but episode 95 (right #?) was one of the best episodes of the series and has set up way more potential for the future narrative moving forward. We'll have to see how things turn out moving forward but so far the pay off for Freiza has been way higher than I expected.

Yup, he already improved things. I'm sure more fun interactions will come. I mean so far it's not like Gohan has done anything interesting in this tournament either. His time will come, and so will Frieza's.

My view is
super saiyan blue is not a true god form in the proper sense.
It's a form that, as powerful as it may be, has too much of the power of a regular super saiyan mixed in, taking away from the true potential of the super saiyan god form. Essentially, it's an unnatural god form.

Goku also always looked no different from his normal base form while in the super saiyan god form, which means he was never a "super saiyan god," he was a god who just happened to also be a saiyan.

the nearest bit of tension was Universe 9 being erased as it showed the zenos are not fucking around about this and even then it doesn't ultimately matter since universe 7 should be taking it.

Bar some interruption and/or twist its gonna remain that way

caliph95

the nearest bit of tension was Universe 9 being erased as it show the zenos are not fucking atround about this and even then it doesn't ultimately matter since universe 7 should be taking it.

Bar some interruption and/or twist its gonna remain that way
Next few episodes Kale went crazy for.a while (could count for tension) then fodder from 2 and 11 got erased and Ribranne is pissed at 17 i guess that's tension

Its been fun but yeah other than U9 little has been tense might change soon though

Literally the only thing I've actually 100% liked from this arc is Frieza making his internal memo that he wants to deal with the Angels/Zenos cos eradicating universes for no reason from a small child pissed him off. I just hope it pays off.

caliph95

Literally the only thing I've actually 100% liked from this arc is Frieza making his internal memo that he wants to deal with the Angels/Zenos cos eradicating universes for no reason from a small child pissed him off. I just hope it pays off.
He's just pissed that is not him doing it

Before someone else replies to you with the god energy scene I'm going to reply to you with the god energy scene.

It was no different than him letting go of Raditz's tail or getting knocked out by Majin Vegeta (who had just murdered a ton of innocents).
I've yet to see anyone give a good example as to how Goku is being any more of an idiot in this arc than normal, people only list things that are totally in character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom