• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

HardRojo

Vegeta and Piccolo should stay in U6 for a while, Vegeta goes to planet Sadal/Sadala and Piccolo goes to U6 Namek, both train in their own ways and achieve powerups.
Goku and Gohan train by themselves back on U7 Earth.

After Goku UI, the writers kinda screwed Vegeta. I guess he was always intended to play second fiddle to Goku.
vegeta has been getting screwed since he first appeared tbh
Vegeta and Piccolo should stay in U6 for a while, Vegeta goes to planet Sadal/Sadala and Piccolo goes to U6 Namek, both train in their own ways and achieve powerups.

i wouldnt mind that

Khansolo1

I could see the grand priest training goku, but i’d like to see goku train gohan and goten.

Morlas

Goku got ultra instinct through a freak accident and there's no indication that the same couldn't happen to any of the saiyans

I generally like it when the protagonist gets shown to be a chump by his allies in anime. Usually makes for some pretty great moments. If Goku isn't the strongest earthling at the end of this arc i'm gonna be hyped out of my mind.

brinstar

download.png

WHY IS THIS TOURNAMENT ARC BEING SO CRUEL TO OLD MEN!? ;_;

it still hurts

Fj0823

It helps that he knew the twist before he had to voice the character.

I love how you guys always seem to gloss over that fact.

I don't. I've always considered Sean a Good Goku tbh if a bit overacted. And I'm confident his Black will be good.

It's just that Sean really really tried to double and triple down on the Batman BS on Twitter what soured people on him. Which has fans worried that he'll quadruple down for the final product

Once he gets his Black straight people will hopefully move on

Geets can just get UI off-screen eventually like he does all his powerups.

SSJ, SSJ2, God Ki (although admittedly outside the manga he's never gone regular SSG just Blue).

Massicot

I don't. I've always considered Sean a Good Goku tbh if a bit overacted. And I'm confident his Black will be good.

It's just that Sean really really tried to double and triple down on the Batman BS on Twitter what soured people on him. Which has fans worried that he'll quadruple down for the final product

Sean has a holier-than-thou-attitude which is frustrating sometimes.

HardRojo

Pretty much this, I wouldn't have doubted Schemmel at all doing a better job for the dub if it weren't for his remarks on Twitter, but we'll just have to wait and see, hopefully he'll deliver in the final product.

Fj0823

Sean can come off as a little condescending but don't act as if he isn't one of the best Gokus out there

If I have to be honest with you, barring some extreme cases, Son Goku seems to get A+ VA in every language IMO

He already should have known about it by the time he voiced SSR Black.

No excuses there. He fucked up.

His Rosé is fine (great even) as a voice, but him trying to convince people that he changed it because it was a personality altering transformation instead of the fans being right was cringeworthy

Morlas

So if Goku ever does talk in ultra instinct form I hope he's completely serious the whole time....they can keep the distortion in his voice too

Durden77

Sean can come off as a little condescending but don't act as if he isn't one of the best Gokus out there

The only thing I'm worried about is his Black. I definitely prefer his Goku to JPN, but the JPN VA did a fucking incredible job with Black. Which is odd because it's pretty much the same voice, but what she did with tone and inflection was fantastic. Really can't see Sean touching that.

Top Bottom