• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

It's better than whatever Nozawa has been trying for Super.

Her voice is making Goku's Super characterization that much worse for me.

4T6jzCk.gif

I-hate-u

The more I think about it, the more I love the concept of Ultra Instinct. It's the most revolutionary Saiyan transformation since the first SSJ. I would have loved to see it more effective against Jiren but alas, I am sure they'll redeem it.

But they wrote themselves into a corner because I can't see how they eclipse this power up without being completely nonsensical. Meaning, ToP is probably the final arc of Super.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The more I think about it, the more I love the concept of Ultra Instinct. It's the most revolutionary Saiyan transformation since the first SSJ. I would have loved to see it more effective against Jiren but alas, I am sure they'll redeem it.

But they wrote themselves into a corner because I can't see how they eclipse this power up without being completely nonsensical. Meaning, ToP is probably the final arc of Super.

Or they're looking to change the structure slightly and give Goku, Vegeta, and maybe Gohan their own new unique forms.

It's reaching the point where it's that or just get silly.

I-hate-u

Or they're looking to change the structure slightly and give Goku, Vegeta, and maybe Gohan their own new unique forms.

It's reaching the point where it's that or just get silly.

An arc focusing on Vegeta? Talk about losing interest in DB.

And Gohan is not that much better. He already has mystic. Personally, I'd rather them focus on Gotenks, Pan and Uub but I am not sure if the fanbase are ready for that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
An arc focusing on Vegeta? Talk about losing interest in DB.

And Gohan is not that much better. He already has mystic. Personally, I'd rather them focus on Gotenks, Pan and Uub but I am not sure if the fanbase are ready for that.

The point is unless they want to start diversifying power sets there's only so much further they can go. Maybe this is the end and we're about to see a final arc, maybe they want to keep going for another few years and keep getting rich off it.

You said it yourself, if they want to do the latter they can't continue in this way without it turning to nonsense. I agree with you 100% on that, I've said it like a dozen times in this thread.

There is never a limit to how strong characters can be in Dragon Ball, after this arc we'll have a new villain or enemy that is even stronger/better. Ultra Instinct Goku is probably still much weaker than all of the angels.
If this is the last arc of Super it's not because Goku's too strong, it's because it'll just be replaced with a sequel.

Ash735

They should use the fact that Vegeta can control his Great Ape form unlike Goku and Gohan, must be a form he can use that to his advantage.

I know hur durr GT and all but was Golden Oozaru not stronger than SSJ4? Vegeta had control of that form which was indeed cool and differentiated him from the rest, shit did not last too long when the tubby dude cut his tail off though in the earlier arc. :(

The whole point of the supporting characters is to make Goku look good, Vegeta does that very well because the writers always realise they need someone around Goku's power to get beaten, to make Goku's eventual win look half decent.

It's what Toriyama has done for 30 years, nothing is going to change. The past year Goku has gone well past Vegeta, but the writers will correct that off screen in 1 episode. Toriyama did not even waste screen time showing Vegeta going SSJ Blue for the first time, he's just gonna rock up in an episode and go UI like it's nothing.

Only way that won't be the case is if another character can take his place. But Vegeta is a popular charter, second to Goku. Hit or Jiren won't do it because they are shit, can't think of anyone else worth half a penny besides them.

I-hate-u

There is never a limit to how strong characters can be in Dragon Ball, after this arc we'll have a new villain or enemy that is even stronger/better. Ultra Instinct Goku is probably still much weaker than all of the angels.
If this is the last arc of Super it's not because Goku's too strong, it's because it'll just be replaced with a sequel.

Can't see how they can top Ultra Instinct tbh unless just getting more raw power.

Ash735

He'd just be a giant target.
Doesn't have to be going Great Ape exactly, but being able to tap into a primal Saiyan power that can only be controlled by those who could use Great Ape in full control. That way it would be off limits to Goku and Gohan at least.

Maybe it could be in a book on Planet Salad, which those Saiyans can't use because they've lost their tails over time?

ElFly

Vegeta should get his own transformations and instincts, that are different to Goku's

also, inferior to Goku's but that goes without saying

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've always wanted Vegeta to have his own forms. Like different variations on Super Saiyan.at least.

snowmint

What are people's thoughts when people complain the show is too much about Goku even though Dragon Ball is basically Gokus story...

Kimawolf

OOR the three wishes are to bring back all erased people in one universe. Limit all power levels to original DB levels and host another tournament!

Psst

It's Dragon Ball.

DevilFox

Amazing special, perhaps one of my fav moments in DB history. I loved Beerus' reactions and the animations, audio editing and music, while I can't understand what they're doing with Vegeta to be honest. The "demonic voice" was so out of nowhere yet freakin' awesome.
The hype is so high now that I also decided to give a shot at the manga and I'm positively surprised, seems more balanced and not a "Goku gets everything" show, although some stuff is pure bullshit imho (e.g.
Goku performing Hakai..?
). It makes me hope that they've a plan for Vegeta in the anime as well because so far he's been treated unfairly.

Magwik

Banned
Amazing special, perhaps one of my fav moments in DB history. I loved Beerus' reactions and the animations, audio editing and music, while I can't understand what they're doing with Vegeta to be honest. The "demonic voice" was so out of nowhere yet freakin' awesome.
The hype is so high now that I also decided to give a shot at the manga and I'm positively surprised, seems more balanced and not a "Goku gets everything" show, although some stuff is pure bullshit imho (e.g.
Goku performing Hakai..?
). It makes me hope that they've a plan for Vegeta in the anime as well because so far he's been treated unfairly.
The manga is much more Goku focused I thought?
DChunxHWsAApYa-

"The Future Trunks Arc"

Glad you're enjoying Super content though, welcome aboard!

NeonZ

The manga is much more Goku focused I thought?
"The Future Trunks Arc"

I don't think it's really that clear. Goku's role in the first half of the arc is much smaller than in the anime. He never faces present Zamasu or even Black before he fuses with Future Zamasu. but then he takes over for the final battle.

And part of the blame there comes from Toriyama himself. "Trunks arc" and yet no power up for Trunks? The anime staff gave him a new transformation to allow him to keep up, which was a good choice, but even then you can see how they were held back by Toriyama's outline (like not even naming or explaining the transformation and the characters barely acknowledging it, in order to pretend that they weren't making a big deviation of their own, and then there was that one episode where Future Zamasu was talking like he was stronger than Trunks post-power up).

Top Bottom