• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Assanova

Watched the episode... hot takes incoming.

I thought the brief scene with Hit attacking Jiren was very awesome. Actually my highlight of the episode. Loved the music at that scene too.

Goku gaining another transformation is cool but it doesn't blow my brains anymore. "He awoke a new power!!!!". Yeah, I know. The design is great though.

Looks like this Jiren guy is super strong. Kinda dislike his design.

Gohan still looking like Vegeta at certain angles.

And that last scene actually made me laugh. Biggest really moment I had in a while. Lol

I'm still hoping for a Frieza like "oh sh*t" moment like when everyone struggles against base Frieza, and then when they kind of compete, Freiza pulls a transformation out of his a** and reveals that he can transform three (or was it four?) more times.

Assanova

So hey guys. Remember when we were excited to see this in the tournament? Of Course frieza is amazing, but I wonder how things would be if Buu was here

I watched DBZ religiously as a kid, yet I remember almost nothing about the Buu saga outside of Trunks and Gotenks fusing. I'm glad that he isn't in the tournament, because he is obviously forgettable.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Didnt love the episode, obviously they put some love into it but for my taste they spent the good animation early on in the Ribrianne fight that I didnt care for (Goku not taking her seriously = wasted time)

Some cool shit once Goku awakens, but not a lot of fighting more like INSTENSE STARING mixed with ITS TOO FAST TO FOLLOW. Decent cinematography but not good choreography.

Still, the story is finally moving somewhere so thats good. Not a fan of Goku lapping everyone yet again but eh, thats DBZ for ya.

I watched DBZ religiously as a kid, yet I remember almost nothing about the Buu saga outside of Trunks and Gotenks fusing. I'm glad that he isn't in the tournament, because he is obviously forgettable.

One thing is to not like the arc, but Fat Buu as a character is by no means, no matter how you try to put it, forgettable

Jiren secretly wishes he was weak.

ah, Jiren was Aizen the entire time
ea518eebb715ac1841afb03e3ae3d027f54a2fe1_hq.jpg

Assanova

You guys really wanna see Jiren manhandling a giant gorrila? I do.

We've only seen a base form giant gorilla. It would be kind of interesting to see a super saiyan version. It's been gone for far too long. They even gave no hope of it returning by not giving U6 saiyans tails. I wonder if there is a reason for why they are avoiding it.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Cant wait for the inevitable Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan version in a few months

five weeks from now we get whis or the grand priest mentioning that the giant light orb emits blah blah blah blutz waves blah blah blah and then the zenos flip the fuck out when one of the saiyans goes bananas

seriously DBS brings back every other old thing, bring back oozaru

do it just for the reactions of every other universe that the saiyans' other transformation is to turn into a fucking giant monkey

So ... the spirit bomb has literally worked once outside of movies and GT and it's still Goku's "trump card". Okay.

"Let's do this thing that always works!" also featured in my head while watching that. It has literally never worked outside of the movies.

"OMG Jiren so strong by pushing back that ball". Kid Buu did that ages ago. Pfff. :p Oddly enough it always does work in the movies. Slug, Android 13, World's Strongest, Christmas Tree.. Except he didn't even use it against Brolly. Or Cooler. Or Metalcooler. Or that asshole with the flute (David the android?). I'm starting to think Goku may not be very consistent.

Also, that "wait for it" - "I told you I would wait" is just prime material for instant parody.

The Spirit Bomb part is doubly amusing on account of, IIRC, the English dub early on having something to it like----the more evil you are the better it is....which would probably have it be a bad idea vs Jiren just on a general scale.

Of course, this is DBS, he could've just proven his strength by tossing the thing off to the side where it would've probably destroyed whatever/whoever else instead of back at Goku who'd have no recourse. Even the High Priest's logic of, "Well, it hasn't HIS/Jiren's attack really---that's that Goku~" would've held.

Comedy plan: The Androids just constantly give Goku energy for the rest of the tournament as prior to the Spirit Bomb the thought never really occurred to them all things considered~

five weeks from now we get whis or the grand priest mentioning that the giant light orb emits blah blah blah blutz waves blah blah blah and then the zenos flip the fuck out when one of the saiyans goes bananas

seriously DBS brings back every other old thing, bring back oozaru

do it just for the reactions of every other universe that the saiyans' other transformation is to turn into a fucking giant monkey
Frieza starts having a racist fit, "I TOLD YOU ALL THEY WERE FUCKING MONKEYS"

That is beyond the power of the Super dragon balls

lol

Dyspo vs. Hit is 104.

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of Kale.
I didn't really like her much in 92/93, though I'm sure I defended her, as I think she was alright for a Broly ripoff. 100 and 101 made me like her a lot more and I don't really see her as a Broly ripoff anymore, and I do like her dynamic with Caulifla, but I'm also a little mad she's taken all of Caulifla's development.

I really want to see them split up and interact with other people. Kind of how I feel aobut Piccolo and Gohan.

Yeah that's a good idea tbh.

.la1n

I could have done without the overly long "let's explain Goku's new transformation" portion. I would have also preferred he re-emerge and waste Jiren over the back and forth the whole tournament has suffered from. I will give credit where it's due; Goku's new form is the most interested I have been in a transformation since Gohan's cell era SSJ2.

People are thinking the same as me. Jiren wishes he didn't possess that incredible power, as it makes him a being destined to destroy.

What's that about Crunchy Roll deleting a scene in episode 109?

They didn't do it, Toei did. The version Crunchyroll got was the special as two separate episodes, which is how it will likely air in other countries and probably how it will be on the home release, but Funimation got the "special" version for whatever reason.
I have no idea what version Daisuki has, haven't looked.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They didn't do it, Toei did. The version Crunchyroll got was the special as two separate episodes, which is how it will likely air in other countries and probably how it will be on the home release, but Funimation got the "special" version for whatever reason.
I have no idea what version Daisuki has, haven't looked.

What scene got deleted? I watched the Funi version.

NeonZ

What's that about Crunchy Roll deleting a scene in episode 109?

The tv special is longer than episodes 109 and 110 due to only having one opening and ending. The recap in the beginning is shortened, some extra eyecatches also were removed, but more importantly, they cut a couple of shots from the part where Jiren struggles against the Genki Dama in the transition between episodes 109 and 110.

In Beerus' original premonition of the Super Saiyan God, the Saiyan was enshrouded in an extremely bright white light. Just before Goku comes back in this episode, Beerus said pretty ominously: "He's coming."

I've been wondering if he was just being general, like "oh he's coming back" or if he meant it was the Super Saiyan God with the power he had originally envisioned.
That would be really great if true

Assanova

In Beerus' original premonition of the Super Saiyan God, the Saiyan was enshrouded in an extremely bright white light. Just before Goku comes back in this episode, Beerus said pretty ominously: "He's coming."

I've been wondering if he was just being general, like "oh he's coming back" or if he meant it was the Super Saiyan God with the power he had originally envisioned.

Good catch. I haven't heard about this anywhere else. Didn't Beerus say that he wasn't even using 10% of his power when he fought Goku? I could somehow see this series ending on those two fighting when Beerus is at his full strength.

Top Bottom