• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Skii

I could see him coming as DLC. If anything I'm shocked he's not in Dokkan yet.

Almost certain they are going to have a dual dokkanfest when it's Goku vs Jiren part 2. They just had to release the Goku now because of the hype and was probably a smart decision.

Gokario

between this special and the shots from next week's ep now I REALLY want jiren in fighter z haha

Both Jiren and Ribrianne have fleshing out their movesets in this episodes, so let's see if they get in FighterZ in the future!.
Now do it with Caulifla, Toei!

Zfs0toB.gif
Glad next episode will look good as well. Excited for this fight.

I expect 112 to be a decent step down visually, unless it's meant to be Vegeta's big episode, but I'm not so sure about that

Skeeter49

Can 113
Give Caulifla a better moveset for future games?
Also more attacks for Kale that aren't from Broly's moveset would be nice. But more importantly, 113 better give Caulifla a good moveset.

I don't think Hit will get eliminated next episode. If all else fails he can just hide in his pocket dimension and not get hit , right?

Well I guess Goku could break through that...so it would be pretty easy for Jiren too

Glad next episode will look good as well. Excited for this fight.

I expect 112 to be a decent step down visually, unless it's meant to be Vegeta's big episode, but I'm not so sure about that

It's storyboarded by Shida and the Supervisor hasn't done anything since his last episode, giving him a full 11 weeks, I think it'll probably look pretty good.
I'm most excited for 114 though, since it's being supervised by Takahashi.
He's been in Heroes since right when the arc started lol. That's how we learned his name before it was said in the show.

Though that was just as a boss, he didn't get a card until a like July or something I think.

dlauv

How is "heat" a weakness? It wasn't portrayed anything like Vegeta in the Magetta fight. Are there any alternative translations for what Whis and Jiren were talking about? Is it meant to be nebulous?

Edit: My guess is that it's the temporary energy the spirit bomb gave him to his then-depleted body. But I expect the white-blue aura to come back.

It's storyboarded by Shida and the Supervisor hasn't done anything since his last episode, giving him a full 11 weeks, I think it'll probably look pretty good.
I'm most excited for 114 though, since it's being supervised by Takahashi.

This is 112 you're talking about? Sounds interesting
, I hope I'm wrong and it looks good. I wonder how long they can keep up the good looking episodes for .

Which episode is 114? Is there a title for that one yet?

the explosive new warrior is 113 right?

This is 112 you're talking about? Sounds interesting
, I hope I'm wrong and it looks good. I wonder how long they can keep up the good looking episodes for .

Which episode is 114? Is there a title for that one yet?

the explosive new warrior is 113 right?

Yeah, 112.
"explosive birth" is 114

Daingurse

These episodes were pretty damn hype and really made up for last week's One Piece "Special" lol.

Goku's new Ultra Instinct transformation was a lot cooler in the episode proper. I wasn't really feeling it in any of the promotional materials, but I really enjoyed it here. The way everyone reacted to the new form really went a long way. Even Whis was hyped!

Jiren was just as overwhelming as I'd hoped he be. I loved the Namek Saga callback to Kaio-Ken x20. I knew Goku was going to use it, because I'd seen that posted all over the internet, but that shit caught me off guard. Couldn't believe he was already using it, and still looking like a damn gnat relative to Jiren. Even with Ultra Instinct, it looks like Goku has quite a ways to go before he can match Jiren. The dude only flared aura at the very end of the encounter, and he sees Goku's amazing power as simply "interesting".

Also gotta say that I enjoy Jiren's voice quite a bit, now that he's finally said a few complete sentences! Just a really deep badass voice. Simple as that.

How is "heat" a weakness? It wasn't portrayed anything like Vegeta in the Magetta fight. Are there any alternative translations for what Whis and Jiren were talking about? Is it meant to be nebulous?

I think Goku might be burning away his life-force in that form.

Edzi

Kinda surprised, I stopped dropping by here lately because there was a lot of negativity surrounding most episodes and I've been pretty happy with how the show has been progressing. Yesterday's episodes + Jiren being pretty lame overall have me feeling kinda disappointed though, and yet it seems like people here actually liked it?

I figure the
explosive warrior is Goku re-entering that form. Can't think of who else it could be really, besides the u4 bugs. I don't know if that would happen so soon after he got beat down though.

Morlas

112 is Cabba and Vegeta, 113 is Goku vs Cailifla, 114 is the part 2 of that with the "explosive birth of a new super warrior"
My stupid guess is
caulifla tries to recreate what goku did and tries to power up by blowing herself up and it ends up working but not in the way they expect

Could also be
the "new fighter" that that new figure set mentions.

Could be, but I'm thinking it's for a character getting a powerup simply because the name of the episode saying "birth" doesn't really sound like it would be used to introduce a character. Could be Goku re-entering the Ultra Instinct state, could also be Kale getting another powerup given that the description of the episode has her in it. If it's Cauli or Kale I hope it's Cauli though.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So we're really going with Ultra Instinct for the name?

Limit breaker was on the nose but it was better than that.

Red Devil

I liked seeing Beerus reaction to Goku having likely vanished.

I think Hit vs. Jiren looks promising. It's safe to assume that Frieza will "lend energy" to Goku, right?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So we're really going with Ultra Instinct for the name?

Limit breaker was on the nose but it was better than that.

It's the official translation Toei is using for "Magatte no Goku'i" so... I suppose you could use the Japanese name if you really want. The Limit Breaker name was just as silly as 'Mystic Gohan' anyway.

Top Bottom