• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Alchemy

CvuV-KUUMAIvJtM.jpg:orig

Ready for some Time Patrolling, I get really giddy over fun DBZ games for some reason :x

chaosaeon

Who wants to hear a funny story ? Once upon a time someone preordered this weeks ago on amazon.ca. They also have amazon prime. Their copy still hasn't shipped and has an estimated delivery date of 5 days from now. I live 45 minutes from the warehouse. Badumbum
#amazon.ca_stillwinning

Update : Just spoke to them. They offered me 5 dollars off the next thing I buy from amazon.ca and said I still won't get it until next week. Amazon.ca is a joke. Can't wait to cancel prime once it ships.
TLDR :
giphy.gif

Vic_Viper

Anyone have a good guide yet to how to unlock stuff like Super Saiyan, Kaioken, and different abilities.

Also anyone know how to get the Z Sword yet?

I think I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. Though before I do, does anyone know what their DLC road map is going to be? Will this game be supported a year from now? My wife can give birth anytime between early December and early January and once the twins come I doubt I'll be playing anything for at least four to six months. I'd like to know if I buy this now I'll have stuff to come back to and look forward to when I can play again.

Any word on if this game is region locked? I was thinking of buying it from CDKeys on pc.

Looks like its region locked.

Its funny cause I preordered from cdkeys before this region lock nonsense kicked in and they still send me american keys. I'm guessing they're legally buying american keys taking a loss to keep me as a customer.

I think I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. Though before I do, does anyone know what their DLC road map is going to be? Will this game be supported a year from now? My wife can give birth anytime between early December and early January and once the twins come I doubt I'll be playing anything for at least four to six months. I'd like to know if I buy this now I'll have stuff to come back to and look forward to when I can play again.

they're supposed to support the game for over a year with both free and paid DLC

Nordicus

Got my Xenoverse 1 main character ready for save transfer on Steam, a Saiyaman-esque melee tank male majin. The main skills that I hope will be transferred:

Arm Crash
: Heavy Attack on steroids, used to be one of the only reliable ways to interrupt Ultis before their super armor got nerfed. Might be redundant in XV2, but it has range, good stun and OTG combo potential.
Freedom Kick: massive burst movement for Majin. Again, might be redundant but I've played with it for so long that I want to keep it.
Deadly Dance: an incredibly reliable combo finisher, can stop enemies before they're knocked back too far by some male majin standard combo strings and extend the combo.
Pressure Sign: The most skill-intensive counter in the game because it has the tightest window compared to the animation, but it works on both melee and ranged.
Mach Dash: Gets you reliably out of harm's way and the extra speed buff really helps majin.
Justice Combination: Probably one of the only strike ultis you can easily combo into.
Spirit Sword: Really tough to use, but it's a high damage trap against people charging at you.

Tidalwave

Got my Xenoverse 1 main character ready for save transfer on Steam, a Saiyaman-esque melee tank male majin. The main skills that I hope will be transferred:

Arm Crash
: Heavy Attack on steroids, used to be one of the only reliable ways to interrupt Ultis before their super armor got nerfed. Might be redundant in XV2, but it has range, good stun and OTG combo potential.
Freedom Kick: massive burst movement for Majin. Again, might be redundant but I've played with it for so long that I want to keep it.
Deadly Dance: an incredibly reliable combo finisher, can stop enemies before they're knocked back too far by some male majin standard combo strings and extend the combo.
Pressure Sign: The most skill-intensive counter in the game because it has the tightest window compared to the animation, but it works on both melee and ranged.
Mach Dash: Gets you reliably out of harm's way and the extra speed buff really helps majin.
Justice Combination: Probably one of the only strike ultis you can easily combo into.
Spirit Sword: Really tough to use, but it's a high damage trap against people charging at you.

Enjoy Justice combination in this. Can easily solo someones entire health bar with max stats in strike super on my character. It's bananas.

Well I did it. Bought the game, going to pick it up from BestBuy after work tomorrow. They still had the Day One edition in stock, paid a total of $40 for it after GCU and a $10 certificate.

Just couldn't resist after watching gameplay... and rewatching the entire Android/Cell Sagas recently.

Chille

Well I did it. Bought the game, going to pick it up from BestBuy after work tomorrow. They still had the Day One edition in stock, paid a total of $40 for it after GCU and a $10 certificate.

Just couldn't resist after watching gameplay... and rewatching the entire Android/Cell Sagas recently.

Look forward to seeing you online!

How viable are melee builds in this game? I made it work in the last one, but it took some effort. Also, what would be good to transfer to the second game when/if I get it in a few days? Has Fighting Pose K (or whatever the super armor one was) been nerfed?

So is there a definitive guide to DBXV2's Steam unlock times? It says about 18 hours from now currently, but I know with DBXV1 they spontaneously moved the release up so that it came out, like, 12 am GMT on the day of release.

I want to play it nowwww....

Vic_Viper

Anyone else have troule with the Frieza and Cooler fight in the story mode? Ive tried twice now and can beat one but not both. Any tips other than bring healing items lol? Im level 24

what is a good way to level up other than doing just PQs?

Revven

Mentors + Advancement Tests at the Patroller Academy. I was level 30 before I did that story mission and it was a cakewalk because I did all the mentors I could and Advancement Tests with some PQs mixed in.

If the content wasn't repeated I would have doubled dipped on this, but as it stands I'm painfully awaiting the PC release tomorrow. Supposedly tomorrow anyway.

Neku054

Neo Member
Anyone else have troule with the Frieza and Cooler fight in the story mode? Ive tried twice now and can beat one but not both. Any tips other than bring healing items lol? Im level 24

Maybe its because I'm doing practically everything that comes up ( Every Mentor, Advancement Tests, all Green and Blue ? ) but i have been leveling up insanely fast and haven't gotten any "Recommended level" notifications for Story which happens if you are underleved for it. I have not touched PQs or Expert mission as well so not counting those.

Just finished the
Beerus Arc
and I'm at level 68 so yeah .-.

Neku054

Neo Member
I can not find the last 2 mentors, also I think one trophy is glitched

I have the Super Advancement trophy glitched. Unless theres a secret advancement that i don't know about yet.

Edit: The name of my glitched trophy is "Want to Be the Next God of Destruction?"

Question for anyone who's currently playing: Is Teen Gohan good competitively or just complete booty?

I heard he wasn't all that great in the last game, so I was wondering if there's been some changes to his combos or Supers or something.

He's always been my main in DBZ games, can't abandon the kid without a good reason, you know? Still, both versions of Future Trunks look pretty cool once they use their respective Super Saiyan forms (Future and 2), so I may use 'em once I get the game.

Alchemy

Trying to do Gurus stuff, Nail is such a god damn useless bitch. Can I just join in with Frieza and wipe out these dumb ass Nameks now?

Trying to do Gurus stuff, Nail is such a god damn useless bitch. Can I just join in with Frieza and wipe out these dumb ass Nameks now?

I'm going to be a Freezer and rest assured, I'll do it in your name. (When the PC version finally unlocks.) I'll name the technique "ALCHEMY ATTACK." It'll consist of two uniquely-coloured blasts, one for each hand, that will rush off to the enemy, merge into a single blast of a different colour, and explode just before reaching them.

They'll never know what hit 'em.

Alchemy

I'm going to be a Freezer and rest assured, I'll do it in your name. (When the PC version finally unlocks.) I'll name the technique "ALCHEMY ATTACK." It'll consist of two uniquely-coloured blasts, one for each hand, that will rush off to the enemy, merge into a single blast of a different colour, and explode just before reaching them.

They'll never know what hit 'em.

Excellent.

Inukage

Arm Crash
Is there a guide on how to do the steam character transfer?

Top Bottom