• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

McNum

It can combo into itself 4 times if they are stam broken

You have to use flash strike if they are not stam broken
Yeah, Flash Strike has been my goto combo ender since I got it. The tenth hit of the female Saiyan light combo starts a tailspin which Flash Strike hits perfectly. Perfect Shot can also hit that, but the timing is way more strict. Have to input it when the hit counter says 9 for it to come out fast enough. But when it does hit, it's another full light combo unless they dodge out of it. Or my execution slips up.

I should check if the Super Saiyan auto-flicker on light attack can catch up after a Perfect Shot. Such a strange undocumented feature of that transformation. If you press light attack anywhere near an opponent, your character will do a vanish step and appear next to the opponent for free. It works from two-three character widths away. Super Saiyan only combos are very likely a thing due to this.

Beat the story yesterday and got some thoughts:

FULL STORY SPOILERS

Positives:

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot. I wish I knew about the secret ending beforehand, though. Bardock's Masked Saiyan design looks really cool, as does Mira's final form. I also really enjoyed the implementation of my CaC from Xenoverse 1 (Also, side note: is the mask your XV1 character wears when they're brainwashed an unlockable accessory? It looks tight). Like the new hubworld, and revamped training systems a bunch. Getting a lot of the RNG out of the picture is also a huge plus. Favorite story moments include: the part where a shitload of Metal Coolers show up out of nowhere during the Cell fight; the Future Gohan bits; the part where Beerus hates the pudding; final boss.

Negatives:

Game felt a bit too easy, though. I'm wondering if it's because I rolled Namekian and Turn Giant is just really strong? The only fight that really gave me trouble was the Frieza and Cooler fight at the end of the Namek saga, and even then it only took a couple tries and item spam. Also, not enough OG Dragon Ball, Buu saga, and Battle of Gods stuff. I really like that saga and that movie a ton and it'd be nice to have characters like Yajirobe, Master Roshi, OG Piccolo, Dabura, more variations of Buu as playable characters, and more Battle of Gods outfits for characters and story content, as well. It's a little weird for SSG Goku to just show up in a random PQ and not be in the story at all. Also, a lot of the game was a retread, even if they did change up a few circumstances. Trunks switching bodies with Ginyu was a fun example of that, but I think they could've done more things like that to make it a bit more interesting.

sensui-tomo

Beat the story yesterday and got some thoughts:

FULL STORY SPOILERS

Positives:

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot. I wish I knew about the secret ending beforehand, though. Bardock's Masked Saiyan design looks really cool, as does Mira's final form. I also really enjoyed the implementation of my CaC from Xenoverse 1 (Also, side note: is the mask your XV1 character wears when they're brainwashed an unlockable accessory? It looks tight). Like the new hubworld, and revamped training systems a bunch. Getting a lot of the RNG out of the picture is also a huge plus. Favorite story moments include: the part where a shitload of Metal Coolers show up out of nowhere during the Cell fight; the Future Gohan bits; the part where Beerus hates the pudding; final boss.

Negatives:

Game felt a bit too easy, though. I'm wondering if it's because I rolled Namekian and Turn Giant is just really strong? The only fight that really gave me trouble was the Frieza and Cooler fight at the end of the Namek saga, and even then it only took a couple tries and item spam. Also, not enough OG Dragon Ball, Buu saga, and Battle of Gods stuff. I really like that saga and that movie a ton and it'd be nice to have characters like Yajirobe, Master Roshi, OG Piccolo, Dabura, more variations of Buu as playable characters, and more Battle of Gods outfits for characters and story content, as well. It's a little weird for SSG Goku to just show up in a random PQ and not be in the story at all. Also, a lot of the game was a retread, even if they did change up a few circumstances. Trunks switching bodies with Ginyu was a fun example of that, but I think they could've done more things like that to make it a bit more interesting.

for your negative, yeah the game was easy for that exact reason, NB is nerfing that ability in their upcoming patch.

Im clearly not using giant mode correctly because whenever I use it I don't do nearly enough damage, I'm always chasing the guys to do damage and usually miss (even with the tackle) and when I let go of the mode the guys lay it on me for a decently long time because I have a lot of Stamina and it takes a long time to recharge so in the meantime they essentially make me their bitch and throw me around as I can't really recuperate.

I've essentially stuck around to just fighting without it. I'll only use it when I'm at least by their last bar of health.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
As much as I prefer Super Vegeta 2, Super Saiyan 3 looks AWESOME. Especially with the right gear. Rocking the King Vegeta top (which gives you a tail wrapped around your waist!) and Gero's pants right now. Rocks float up from the ground while you land in this form, too.

ptlhDHE.jpg

p7lTRX5.jpg

RedFox85

Is "Knock em down" supposed to be this hard? I finished that shit and it took me like a million attempts to get the timing right.. had the hardest time landing the behind the back Y+B combo chain.There is allot more depth to this combat than I previously thought, i want to finish all of these missions from the elder.

Is "Knock em down" supposed to be this hard? I finished that shit and it took me like a million attempts to get the timing right.. had the hardest time landing the behind the back Y+B combo chain.There is allot more depth to this combat than I previously thought, i want to finish all of these missions from the elder.

Is that the intermediate combo one? I spent a solid 20 minutes trying to get the Y+B / Up + A / super move to register properly and it never did.

Looked it up online, and apparently the timing is incredibly sensitive on top of there being a RNG element to the AI's response.

FreeMufasa

Just started. Are turles and slug the main bad dudes......?

Of all the villains in this series they chose to sideman from forgettable movies. Kinda funny

RedFox85

Is that the intermediate combo one? I spent a solid 20 minutes trying to get the Y+B / Up + A / super move to register properly and it never did.

Looked it up online, and apparently the timing is incredibly sensitive on top of there being a RNG element to the AI's response.

IT was the last one in the entire chain of them, it was like Y+B / A / X / Y+B / Up + A / Y+B / X / Y. It tested the limits of my sanity.. I'm glad to hear there was some type of RNG happening because I thought I just sucked ass.

IT was the last one in the entire chain of them, it was like Y+B / A / X / Y+B / Up + A / Y+B / X / Y. It tested the limits of my sanity.. I'm glad to hear there was some type of RNG happening because I thought I just sucked ass.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it, I felt the same way. And now that I think of it, I believe I struggled on that tutorial too--it took many tries before I got it, although not the 20 minute gauntlet of the combo one I mentioned before.

Either there's some secret trick to it that they don't really mention (even though they should) or it's just a case of bad AI programming, not leashing it enough to properly showcase the tutorial.

I do like the tutorials though. They've clarified a lot of the more intricate aspects of DBXV2's combat and movement. Like up + A boosts you behind the target, while simply pressing A brings you in front of them; small things that are just cool.

CrimsonN0

Yeah, really doesn't seem like anyone is doing online PQs on the PC version.

...decided to just make a room myself, finally got 2 other players to join, then the game bugs out after defeating the Ginyu Force and the Gate to the next area doesn't unlock.

Nordicus

Also, is Beerus' "You have no Stamina" beam new? Because that's a dirty trick from him. ...I want it. It's also a proper Stamina drain rather than a forced Break, so it's on slow recovery. I hope he becomes available as a mentor soon. One of the silhouettes can only be him.
The beam isn't new but i think the stamina break is. The beam simply sucked ass in Xenoverse 1
Are all the skills from Xenoverse attainable in Xenoverse 2?
I beleive so
huh, I bought dragon punch but don't see it anywhere in my skill list. weird.
Regular Dragon Punch is an Ultimate that I think costs 5 Ki bars.
How was RNG changed from XV1?
Ultimate Finish scenarios happen 100% of the time instead of by chance, and I think the ratio of skills you get from Parallel Quests is much lower this time around. So many of them are learned from Mentors now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What's the name?
Super ki explosion
super ki explosion

i hope they nerf it because its not fun at all to come up against
I'll test it out in my build, that ki cost looks painful though. I can pull off 2 full life bars for 4 bars atm but it requires set up compared to that just coming out lol

Edit: ki cost is way to high for its damage output. Of it got nerfed at all I guess I could see the size of it being made a tad bit smaller

Lagamorph

Use Meteor Crash when you have a lot of Ki bars.
I have tried that, but Meteor crash just seems to stop even before I've run out of Ki so I assume it has a limit on how long it lasts.

Can you do a 20ish combo with normals alone?

Okay, now do that and attach the ki blast volley Ulti to the end of it. That basic volley ulti homes on the enemy if it's a continuation of a normal melee combo. Easy 20+ extra hits in most cases if the end of your combo is a hard horizontal launcher.
Do you know what that Ultimate was called? I'll take a look for it and see if that method can work for me.

Ennosuke

Level 8 now and the game is fun. Feels like a strongly improved experience in comparison with the first game.

I am not sure how I should distribute my skill points? KI attacks? I would appreciate some advice here to get through the game smoothly. Thanks!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ugh, I hate playing vs people with bad connections the f.majin triangle, square, triangle combo always tosses people into space and leaves me behind

Noticed something interesting this morning the opening segment before the main menu that starts with trunks talking does not use the audio adjustment in the options menu so its very loud compared to the rest of the game. Anyone else getting this?

Noticed something interesting this morning the opening segment before the main menu that starts with trunks talking does not use the audio adjustment in the options menu so its very loud compared to the rest of the game. Anyone else getting this?

Yeah, definitely. I try to button through it fast but if I forget it's the worst

Slaythe

Is there any combo for Humans where they can consistently land a stamina break ?

Getting the short end of the stick isn't fun D: .

Zelias

Banned
Made a female Earthling, seems fun so far. Level 18 and partway through Namek. Was ki spam Saiyan in the first game so gone for a melee build this time.

Nordicus

Ginyu Force Combination is essentially 5 Strike Supers in one. One neutral, one for each direction. Pretty neat, the damage on the neutral one is massive.

mitchlol

Ok I picked this up today and it is my first Xenoverse game, I feel like I don't quite understand the battle system controls. I'm playing on PS4 and from what I can gather if I want to close the distance between someone I press Square + X then X again? All while holding R2. Am I right to basically hold R2 the entire time I'm fighting?

Also I made a Saiyan man and so far have been dumping points into Max KI, KI Super and a little bit into health. As of now nothing placed into my hand to hand or Stamina. Did I screw up my character or make life hard for myself down the track? If so will this be the case for just PVE. I don't really have any intention of battling it out with other people online.

DarkKyo

Kind of wish this game had evil and good paths.. evil path obviously being that you're one of the people trying to de-stabilize the timeline and help Frieza win over Goku, Cell over Gohan, etc etc.

Anyways I'm having fun with it so far. Never tried XV1 so it's all fresh to me.

Top Bottom