• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Durden77

super saiyan makes all charge attack work as instant transmission

pretty cool to charge up a 10x kamehameha miles away and BAM 1 sec and you are next to the dude firing away

Oh that's neat!

As far as this new character stuff, so if I start a new character right now it doesn't even save my PQ stuff? Like it did in X1?

The farther I get into this game the more fun I have with it. Finally got kaioken and Kamehameha. I'm level 17 and haven't even started the Namek main quests yet. All training and PQs. Can't wait to get Super Saiyan.

Revven

don't think they would say its been heard if they didnt plan on doing something about it no ?

patch79s8m.png

Oh, huh. Didn't see that tweet. I hope they sneak it into the Nov. 1st patch, then. It can't be that hard to make the change; probably just a simple change of a few flags or lines of code. Hopefully lol.

McNum

Okay, I think my female Saiyan is slowly coming together now. But I need to replace a couple of skills.

Her supers are:
- Final Shine
- Finish Breaker
- Rise to Action
- Maximum Charge

Her ultimates are:
- Final Flash
- Giant Storm

Her evasive is:
- Super Explosive Wave

And of course: Super Saiyan. (To be replaced with Super Vegeta later)

I need to find something to replace Finish Breaker and Super Explosive Wave with. Preferably some super that can extend combos, and for the evasive move... I don't know. What's good there? I so rarely get to use it. From this thread, Perfect Shot seems worth looking into, but what else is there? Something that comes out fast and has a lot of hitstun. That's got to be rare.

Nordicus

Nappa is garbage now compared to his XV1 counterpart. Xenoverse 2, 0/10 game.

No but seriously though, it makes me a bit sad, he was my story character main. The variant of Nappa in XV2 that has Arm Crash, which is basically the swiss knife of strike supers, has other awful supers along with it, and even if that could be fixed, his basic moveset isn't really fit for the freeform comboing in the sequel, and it's a massive pain working stamina breaks into a normal combo.

Revven

No but seriously though, it makes me a bit sad, he was my story character main. The variant of Nappa in XV2 that has Arm Crash, which is basically the swiss knife of strike supers, has other awful supers along with it, and even if that could be fixed, his basic moveset isn't really fit for the freeform comboing in the sequel, and it's a massive pain working stamina breaks into a normal combo.

Yeah they, I think, made his strings slower than they were in the first game. It makes sense, given he's a big tanky character like Dodoria, but it doesn't make it okay lol.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Er, you don't have to Z Rank the Elder Kai missions. You have to Z rank the piss easy tests the robot gives you. And all you need to do to Z rank them is to:

Get 3 grabs
Hit the opponent with 20 Ki Blasts
Do a 20 hit combo
Have more than 80% of your life (using a capsule at the end of the mission counts)
Finish one of them with an ultimate
Finish the mission in a transformed state (but since you aren't using a transformation...)
If you refuse to briefly equip the Power Pole Pro just for the end of the mission, then you can try to perform 5 ultimates or I THINK a Super Attack Finish on one of the opponents would be enough, too.

It literally only took me 30 minutes to Z rank all 5 (well I actually had to do 4 because I did Z rank one of them already) of the tests to get the final test to get Potential Unleashed.

Also, you kinda need to do it if you want to get the last two mentors (Goku & Whis) and their related skills.
Maaaaaaaaan literally SECONDS after my post was made one of my new Xeno buddies explained ALL of this to me! Oh how delighted I was :D Took me maybe an hour, max, to get the transformation. Fairly easy and straight forward actually.

My Super Vanishing Ball and Shine Strike put a hurting on those suckers. Phew. Z ranks galore. God damn I love those moves <3

Slaythe

Try 17, and cry.

His melee gets beaten out by literally everything in this game.

And worse part is, his backward attack leaves him vulnerable if blocked, he can't pressure guards.

Also, where do you get BODY CHANGE ?

XV2 like Titanfall2 is an example of unrequired changes, all the game needed was content, polish and a strong balance push, but they went beyond that and changed a lot of stuff.

Nordicus

Yeah they, I think, made his strings slower than they were in the first game.
Either Ndukauba or Rhymestyle keeps saying that, but it's false. At least his straight up Light combo and Heavy combo are identical to most part to what they were in XV1. Nappa was always seemingly on the slower side, buty the ridiculous range of his swings and his damage made up for his moderate speed that almost worked as bait. People try to get hits in the middle or move away but he catches everyone regardless.

It's just that his style didn't make the transition well between games. Solid simple strings don't cut it.

I'll just have to find a new unusual character to surprise scrubby PvPers with

Okay, I think my female Saiyan is slowly coming together now. But I need to replace a couple of skills.

I need to find something to replace Finish Breaker and Super Explosive Wave with. Preferably some super that can extend combos, and for the evasive move... I don't know. What's good there? I so rarely get to use it. From this thread, Perfect Shot seems worth looking into, but what else is there? Something that comes out fast and has a lot of hitstun. That's got to be rare.

The evasives with the most hit stun are the fire and ice one from nuova or eis shenron.
Cell's energy barrier is pretty good too because it knocks back really far before you can recover.

Revven

Either Ndukauba or Rhymestyle keeps saying that, but it's false. At least his straight up Light combo and Heavy combo are identical to most part to what they were in XV1. Nappa was always seemingly on the slower side, buty the ridiculous range of his swings and his damage made up for his moderate speed that almost worked as bait. People try to get hits in the middle or move away but he catches everyone regardless.

It's just that his style didn't make the transition well between games. Solid simple strings don't cut it.

I'll just have to find a new unusual character to surprise scrubby PvPers with

Ahhh, okay, I thought they weren't any different but I had heard from one of Rhyme's videos they were slower sooo I kind of leaned more on that being the case than my original thought. I've only used him once and that was in the beta so I haven't had extensive experience to properly compare him to XV1. Indeed, the Arm Crash alt in XV1 was not just good because of Arm Crash but also because he had some other good supers along with it.

I'm also sad they didn't carry over his "Ginyu" alt from the DLC pack in XV1. At least, I don't think they did. I thought it was a pretty funny alt. to have; not necessarily a good one just another option.

How in the hell am I supposed to get a 45-hit combo? I only managed 37 purely by accident!

Use Meteor Crash when you have a lot of Ki bars.

Nordicus

How in the hell am I supposed to get a 45-hit combo? I only managed 37 purely by accident!
Can you do a 20ish combo with normals alone?

Okay, now do that and attach the ki blast volley Ulti to the end of it. That basic volley ulti homes on the enemy if it's a continuation of a normal melee combo. Easy 20+ extra hits in most cases if the end of your combo is a hard horizontal launcher.

Ahhh, okay, I thought they weren't any different but I had heard from one of Rhyme's videos they were slower sooo I kind of leaned more on that being the case than my original thought. I've only used him once and that was in the beta so I haven't had extensive experience to properly compare him to XV1. Indeed, the Arm Crash alt in XV1 was not just good because of Arm Crash but also because he had some other good supers along with it.
Yup. Bomber DX for combo finishers and blasting enemies as they stand back up, energy volley super for really quick ranged harassment and guaranteed damage, Super Guard when you just can't escape enemy ulti.

There's a whole hybrid toolkit there, but now Arm Crash is just paired up with garbage supers imo.

DMNBT

Neo Member
Man, this game is so much fun! I'm already level 59 and I've just finished the Frieza Saga.
Also, when does the Item Shop get more food? It's currently selling only water...

Nordicus

Man, this game is so much fun! I'm already level 59 and I've just finished the Frieza Saga.
Also, when does the Item Shop get more food? It's currently selling only water...
Check after the end of every arc. There are some better quality items you can get.

But I think water will still be the best money investment if you just want to rush through Majin Buu's task.

so i don't really get how the online works that well since i never played xenoverse 1, but is there a gaf group or whatever they call it in the game?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hate how the Frieza and Namekian quests only open up after doing a series of quests or other things. The Saiyan/Earthling quests you could just do all at once.

Goku Black is so far my best character. His Black Kamehameha is crazy powerful and his melee is great too

Yeah, was messing around with him and found a few reliable stamina break combos that combo flawlessly into Black Kamehameha. Might just be the best Kamehameha Ultimate in the game too, since Perfect Kamehameha got nerfed from XV1.

McNum

The evasives with the most hit stun are the fire and ice one from nuova or eis shenron.
Cell's energy barrier is pretty good too because it knocks back really far before you can recover.
I noticed when fighting Cell.

Also, is Beerus' "You have no Stamina" beam new? Because that's a dirty trick from him. ...I want it. It's also a proper Stamina drain rather than a forced Break, so it's on slow recovery. I hope he becomes available as a mentor soon. One of the silhouettes can only be him.

As an aside, I love how he was introduced into the story.
Random time jump! Beerus?! Crap! Can't stop, fighting main villains! Um... sorry?
He is so very much my favorite of the new characters.

By the way, is it just me or is Super Saiyan 3 just not worth it? The complete lack of Ki recovery just makes it so limiting. I suppose it makes sense to use it only as a finisher, as in transform into it when the fight is almost over and go all out... but trying to hit Super Saiyan 2 when in a fight and your Ki is just shooting up due to short combos, vanishes, more short combos, repeat is difficult.

Which is why I just swapped out to Super Vegeta. No more Super Saiyan 3, and my blasts are better.

McNum

Is there a list of supers and how to get them? All I care for is a super that either makes stamina drain slower or recharges it once fully when it's fully drained.
Do you have Krillin's Rise to Action? One Ki = Two Stamina. Of course, you're wide open when using it, but... you're also wide open when out of Stamina.

By the way, is it just me or is Super Saiyan 3 just not worth it? The complete lack of Ki recovery just makes it so limiting. I suppose it makes sense to use it only as a finisher, as in transform into it when the fight is almost over and go all out... but trying to hit Super Saiyan 2 when in a fight and your Ki is just shooting up due to short combos, vanishes, more short combos, repeat is difficult.

Which is why I just swapped out to Super Vegeta. No more Super Saiyan 3, and my blasts are better.

Pretty sure that is exactly why Goku rarely used it in the show. It always drained him.

Do you have Krillin's Rise to Action? One Ki = Two Stamina. Of course, you're wide open when using it, but... you're also wide open when out of Stamina.
Is that the only one? Shame, yeah I have that equipped right now.

Any list of souls then? I want something that helps with stamina

McNum

Pretty sure that is exactly why Goku rarely used it in the show. It always drained him.
Yeah, at least they're true to the show with that. Kind of weird how it has a faster Stamina regeneration than the previous two, though. Super Saiyan 3 seems very melee focused. To the exclusion of all else. There's probably some edge case build where that is totally awesome, but for a story mode character, it just leads to not having enough Ki to take on the waves and waves of whatever the story mode is throwing at you now. I kind of like how unpredictable the twists are thanks to including the movie villains now.

Is that the only one? Shame, yeah I have that equipped right now.

Any list of souls then? I want something that helps with stamina
It's the only one I know of so far. There's also the Drain skills where you try to steal the opponent's Stamina and Ki. They're available in the Skill Store, but I don't know if they're any good.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think Dimps did a good job accurately portraying the pros and cons of SS3.

Genryu

Banned
So, I've been having a repeatable issue with one of the Expert missions, Assault of the Great Ape.

Every time he goes to fire his giant Ki blast, he teleports way outside of the mission area and there is no Ki Blast. He stays there for the entire time limit of the mission.

What.

So did anyone else's Time Patroller statue get replaced with a Namekian wearing Saiyan armor? Mine did, as well as my friends. PC, by the way.
Edit: Nevermind, I think it changes to the person with the most ranked points after you beat the game or something?

NandoGip

Any recommendations for a good saiyan melee build? I need to figure out a QQ bang also because trying to min max your clothing is so lame.

What does the clothing mixing in the capsule corp do?

I was hoping I could keep the visual appearance of one clothing while giving it the stats of another. But it doesn't seem to be the case.

Also what IS the QQ thing in my equippable list?

Durden77

Damn the giant Namekian transformation is AWESOME.

Also what are these "Yamcha is holding a class" notifications I get? Asked before but I don't think it got answered.

Damn the giant Namekian transformation is AWESOME.

Also what are these "Yamcha is holding a class" notifications I get? Asked before but I don't think it got answered.

when you get those notifications look in your map for a special marker.

Yamcha goes to the Kame house area. Krillin goes in front of the school next to the store.

They essentially hold special and short side quests to get anywhere from 4 to 10 TP at a time. Fairly useful. Particularly if you're saving up for a specific super attack.

Like likely everyone is with the dragon punch thing.

What does the clothing mixing in the capsule corp do?

I was hoping I could keep the visual appearance of one clothing while giving it the stats of another. But it doesn't seem to be the case.

Also what IS the QQ thing in my equippable list?

That's what QQ Bangs do. You mix some gear together, and hopefully get a QQ with good stats for your character, and when the QQ is equipped, clothing stats don't matter, so you can wear what you want.

Also, does anyone have any NPC characters they prefer/are just plain better in offline PQs? The AI can be kind of brain dead regardless, but some have to make better distractions than others.

Top Bottom