• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

KHlover

Banned
Damn, Spirit Bomb is kind of an early game nuke. It does more damage than my Ult at this point o_O (which is Beerus Destuction Sphere thingy). Didn't even know I could import my XV1 hero, so that was a pretty pleasant suprise to have access to part of my old moveset right off the bat :D

2B767692456B5D32B109AE16CEAED4D6F95205E4

Also nice to see that my old chara seems to play a part in the story of this game.

Does anyone know how to unlock Hercule as an instructor??
I've completed 100% on the main story but he didn't show up as an instructor yet.

Some said he'll be unlock after Majin Buu saga but none for me. :\

KHlover

Banned
2F63D49629F2B72A3706EEFE45611A3532EF85D3

o_O That looks really nice in combination with the Beerus outfit. Barely two hours into the game and playing Fashion Balls already :D

J4g3r

That's the second time I've tried to summon Shenron and the game as crashed on me.

Had zero performance issues running it at 4k unlocked framerate.

This a known issue?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
SSJ3 is dope, but I've been using potential unleashed because the ki recovery is much better and the aura looks nicer with the SSJB wig.

Also spoilers, but this part in the story rocked.

And this scene
I gushed a few pages back about how much I also love that part. I took a screenshot of that exact moment too

All of the new story sequences were great in XV2. FAR better than the XV1 rehashes. Too bad there were so few of them by comparison.

idonteven

That's the second time I've tried to summon Shenron and the game as crashed on me.

Had zero performance issues running it at 4k unlocked framerate.

This a known issue?

it crashes when you are in a online lobby

try offline,it can still crash but it kinda works

X-Frame

TimFL

Just bought this on PC. I liked the first one.

Let me guess, your hair style still doesn't change when you go SSJ? Means I'll have to pick one that works for both states.

I gushed a few pages back about how much I also love that part. I took a screenshot of that exact moment too

All of the new story sequences were great in XV2. FAR better than the XV1 rehashes. Too bad there were so few of them by comparison.

Yeah so much better, loved it more than XV as well.

Are all your characters clothing available from the initial character creator, or did you win/buy them throughout the story?

I transferred mine from XV, these are endgame 5* broly/whis gear.
Not really recommended for a starter, because it drains your stamina with 1.5 bars, I just powered through the early parts of the game with less than 2 bars and couldn't even counter vanish ;P.

Yeah but if you pick the pink trunks hair you're out of luck for SSJ1-2 I assume?

Pretty much. Though you don't actually have to do the first two steps anyway. You can just skip straight to SSJ3 as long as you have 5 ki bars. It doesn't drop off if you go under 5 bars after activated either.

Not ideal but it's a bit of a solution.

I'm enjoying myself far too much for just silly things..

it makes me far more happy than it should when my character yells "Kaioken times 3!"

X-Frame

Yeah so much better, loved it more than XV as well.

I transferred mine from XV, these are endgame 5* broly/whis gear.
Not really recommended for a starter, because it drains your stamina with 1.5 bars, I just powered through the early parts of the game with less than 2 bars and couldn't even counter vanish ;P.

Thank you! Is all of that available to me starting a fresh character in this game? Or are any of those pieces exclusive to importing from the first game? Even the hair style?

Thank you! Is all of that available to me starting a fresh character in this game? Or are any of those pieces exclusive to importing from the first game? Even the hair style?

I haven't seen the wig in the store or PQ's yet, it might be a TP medal store only item.
TP medal store rotates special things every week.
You'll get some very basic gear at the start of the game, basically what you see on the race selection menu.

You'll be able to unlock everything else in the game, with 5* gear being at like PQ #50 and up

Edit this is what my character started with:
0eb5411db4.jpg

This is what the transfer screen looks like:

Nordicus

Not quite the superhero look I was looking for, but due to few decent options, it'll do

Does anyone know how to unlock Hercule as an instructor??
I've completed 100% on the main story but he didn't show up as an instructor yet.

Some said he'll be unlock after Majin Buu saga but none for me. :\
He should be hanging around the shops at some point, at first appearing as kinda random NPC who wants you to do a specific emote for him.

If story progress didn't cause him to lurk around there, then you need to do the advancement tests at the academy

X-Frame

I haven't seen the wig in the store or PQ's yet, it might be a TP medal store only item.
TP medal store rotates special things every week.
You'll get some very basic gear at the start of the game, basically what you see on the race selection menu.

You'll be able to unlock everything else in the game, with 5* gear being at like PQ #50 and up

Edit this is what my character started with:
0eb5411db4.jpg

This is what the transfer screen looks like:

Thank you very much for the help and explanations!

J4g3r

Time-Skip is pretty cool.

Does good damage too and I'm not even built for Strike Supers. Guessing it's hard to hit in PvP, far too easy to hit in PvE.

30665867405_7dc826a5cb_o.png

Omni

In my first 3 hours of play I've already seen so many things recycled from the first game. Feels like every single map so far is old.

Really?

I get that it's the same locations but they didn't even change them? Man I'm trying so hard to want to pick up this game but I played Xenoverse 1 and I'm just not seeing why this title is full price.

Is it really worth it content wise?

He should be hanging around the shops at some point, at first appearing as kinda random NPC who wants you to do a specific emote for him.

If story progress didn't cause him to lurk around there, then you need to do the advancement tests at the academy

Thank you so much!
I didn't notice that I have to use an emote for him before.

Vic_Viper

How many skill points are needed to hit 5 Ki bars?

Im at 4 now with 21.

Also totally didnt know you could hold 2 dragon balls at the same time until Guru mission 5 lol.

My current build progress is high stamina, kaioken and a soul which boosts regular attacks while in kaioken (L) but I slowly take damage, which isn't too bad of a trade off. Namekian regen feels just as slow and bad as in xeno 1 it's not really that worthwhile thinking about. It would help if the game showed any regen hp as green so you know whats going on.

Im at 4 now with 21.

Also totally didnt know you could hold 2 dragon balls at the same time until Guru mission 5 lol.

tried makign any qq bangs? I know that minus 4 ki removes like two blocks, if not more.

KHlover

Banned

Im at 4 now with 21.

Maybe that depends on race? I'm at just above 5 Ki bars with 12 points, playing as female Saiyan.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention I also have +10 arrow thingies on Ki from my equip. Do stats from equip even stack above 5? Idk

Vic_Viper

Not sure where to get QQ bangs and what they do.

Im also a Saiyan lol. My Stats are:

Max Health:17
Max Ki: 30
Max Stamina: 20
Basic Attacks: 32
Super Strikes: 12
Ki Blast Supers: 32

Revven

Really?

I get that it's the same locations but they didn't even change them? Man I'm trying so hard to want to pick up this game but I played Xenoverse 1 and I'm just not seeing why this title is full price.

Is it really worth it content wise?

Well, what fighting game that carries over old stages/maps 1:1 makes any changes to them?...

Anyway, the value here depends on multiple factors:

1) How many hours you put into XV1
2) If you bought all the DLC for XV1
3) If you care a lot about the gameplay changes they've made (which are significant)
4) How much you liked XV1
5) Whether or not playing a lot of the old PQs (some slightly remixed to include new characters and/or fixed up to be less annoying to play) will make you bored (there's 100 total PQs with at least half being old and half being new)
6) Whether or not the bullshit AI in the first game being completely gone in this one is something that matters to you (as in they no longer have super armor, infinite Ki, or infinite Stamina; you can see their Ki and Stamina now)

If any of the above are sore spots for you (or don't care for them), then the game probably isn't worth $60 to you and you should wait for a price drop to around $40. Otherwise, the game is a mix of old content and new content to, essentially, have more content than XV1. Along with great quality of life improvements to the gameplay.

Dave1988

Cheers.

Ugh, now a 50 hit combo for Hercule. Every time I get a good combo going with regular attacks the AI just Z-vanishes out of it at about the 25 mark.

This test gets easier once you realize that your companions/co-op buddies can help you build combo. I got this one out of the way while co-oping with random players without even really trying.:

EDIT: Anyone interested in co-oping PQs/Rifts on PS4? I'm currently lvl 68. PSN is the same as GAF username.

Anung

Un Rama
Cheers.

Ugh, now a 50 hit combo for Hercule. Every time I get a good combo going with regular attacks the AI just Z-vanishes out of it at about the 25 mark.

Do a full square teleport combo then when you hit them down to the ground after rushing them teleport downwards and hit them with a few triangle attacks then a 5 bar meteor crash should get you well over 50.

Only issue is finding an enemy that doesn't have shockwaves it trigger cutscenes in the story mode.

Top Bottom