• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Tsunamo

On the topic of raidbosses is there any purpose to having other enemys pop up in other areas randomly? Maybe it'll come into play later, but it seemslike for the Cell one it didn't seem to benefit or change anything from taking them on while the mission was happening.
100% agreed on that note. This is really tedious for what seems like absolutely nothing. After around fifteen tries I think I'm done. Also, Cell's level has only risen by five in the last half hour (64 on Xbox One). No way we're getting to ninety-nine.
Yeah I think they're gonna have to set the HP down or up the time for each raid. There's not enough people playing to hit that bar, and this is the first one so it'll only probably get worse.

anybody notice that they may have spoiled some of the DLC story content in the base game costumes?

Towa and Mira's only costumes are named "Universe 7 Outfit". That seems to suggest that they'll have a Universe 6 Outfit, or more likely Universe 6 counterparts when the Super DLC comes out.
Yeah I found it weird they distinuished that and specified it, that can't just be a coincidence.
Actually the idea of having towa and mira from another universe is a good way to continue the story onwards in the DLC, really clever of DIMPs if they go that route
You only get the reward if the Boss is beaten over the course of the raid.

They're the first ones, the stronger the bosses will be in the future, the more players will have to actually play.

Otherwise you'll play once and get NOTHING because the boss won't be defeated.

See ? Exactly the problem.

The EU RAID got to 99 fairly quickly because everyone jumped in. But you did your part fam.
I get what you're saying and see your point. I still think the way it's setup is a bit tedious though, even as a raidboss it's just not fun at all. If they lowered the damage required a bit to get to level 99 I think i'd enjoy it more.

Also they probably should be less vague with the portal locations in the new bulletin, even something like it's closeby to x location or near Gotenks would help. I had to check reddit for where to look. Look for the giant portal in the sky and go into it was so vague and it took me about half an hour to find it. It's so out of the way and blends in with the background that I wouldn't have noticed it had I not looked up where it was.

Pan's Maiden Blast should replace Justice Combination pretty cleanly, no?

So I've unlocked Maiden Blast, and at least on my female Majin, it's still not comparable to Justice Combination. My Majin with 125 Ki blast does about 4300 damage with Maiden Blast, and about 6000 using Justice Combination with no points in strike. Also, at least in my opinion, I find that in group fights, enemies get knocked out of Maiden Blast much more easily

Nordicus

So Hit is a fucking beast, though nobody needed to be explicitly told that.
So I've unlocked Maiden Blast, and at least on my female Majin, it's still not comparable to Justice Combination. My Majin with 125 Ki blast does about 4300 damage with Maiden Blast, and about 6000 using Justice Combination with no points in strike. Also, at least in my opinion, I find that in group fights, enemies get knocked out of Maiden Blast much more easily
Aah, sucks

Tsunamo

Oh my god baby raid is BRUTAL as fuck
It was a stuggle just to survive for half of that thing.

Then he did a massive Ki blast when everyone else was knocked out and I just accepted my fate.

(luckily though me and the rest of the team I was with survived on the first run)

Spenny

Finally finished all the Parallel Quests and didn't get anything for it. This game is really bad at giving rewards for all the pain in the ass work it wants you to do.

Also, this Baby raid is woof. He's constantly spamming that unblockable wind/ki move. It's pretty rough for some one star business pants and 10k zeni.

The online for this game is in such a terrible state.
Tried the raid boss for an hour and only managed to finish it twice because I kept being disconnected.

Also, this Baby raid is woof. He's constantly spamming that unblockable wind/ki move. It's pretty rough for some one star business pants and 10k zeni.
Surviving the fight seems entirely dependent on how much he spams that move. I get some where he uses it once and it goes fine and others where he'll just keep doing it back to back to back and even if we stay alive we can't attack him at all.

Vic_Viper

What dictates the TP counter next to peoples names when in multiplayer?

I got the Raid rewards today from yesterday's cell mission and we didnt come close to defeating him lol.

Spenny

What dictates the TP counter next to peoples names when in multiplayer?

I got the Raid rewards today from yesterday's cell mission and we didnt come close to defeating him lol.
As long as you cleared the mission you get the reward. I believe the way it works is if we beat him 100% everyone gets the reward, even people that didn't participate.

BTW, does anyone know how to get the Arale hat? As I absolutely need it.

Korezo

Do you have to beat all raids in order to participate in event raids?

It's so terrible how the host only get clears in online pq mode and raids, that kills the online... The stupidest change ever.

I'm conflicted on using Super Vegeta 2 with Goku the Legendary Super Saiyan super soul or Potential Unleashed with the Just win, okay? super soul.

I've got a QQ Bang that increases my health, ki, stamina, and ki supers by 4 each while reducing my basic attack and strike supers by 3 each.

Raxious

So how long does it take to get Golden Form?

I've beaten Frieza in Story mode, and did the Ginyu Force part on the spaceship. However I can't seem to get any more messages that I have to go back to Frieza :s

How long does it take to get the time egg from Frieza's ship? I sided with Cooler and did his training mission three times and he is now Metal Cooler. Am I almost there?

Nordicus

How long does it take to get the time egg from Frieza's ship? I sided with Cooler and did his training mission three times and he is now Metal Cooler. Am I almost there?
I believe you are almost there yes. Keep an eye out for other NPCs with the red question mark.

Slaythe

How do you unlock the other forms of Vegeto ?

I only have the last one which is the Vegeta moveset one from pq 91. I don't like that -_-.

I'm assuming he has Goku moveset, Vegeta moveset, and bae moveset.

Same question for Teen Gohan with father son kamehameha.

anybody what the condition is for unlocking Chain Destructo-Disk Barrage from PQ46? I've gotten the ultimate finish every time but nada. I think it's one of those moves that unlocks under a certain condition, like defeat a certain character first or last. Krillin is the obvious answer, since he even has the move equipped.

I just got to the end of the story mission on namek and i don't remember the game being that much harder than xeno 1 . In particular the Computer actually moved in a way to avoid my attack and to punish any kind of spamming .. much surprised. It's still dumb in some situation but it's way less static than in xeno 1.

I'm surprised the COM knows how to combo this time around.

Slaythe

Haven't played Xenoverse 1 and only got an hour or so on the beta. Should I get this or Titanfall 2?

Depends really.

If you are watching DB Super, I guess having XV2 to scratch the DBZ game itch is good.

Considering that there isn't any other dbz game you can just pop in and play and actually have fun (certainly not XV1).

But you're into competitive shooters I guess you'd play that more ?

XV2 is a good game and a lot better than XV 1.

If you just get it for the story and not so much for online play (coop or pvp) I guess you can wait for a discount maybe.

chaosaeon

Would anyone be interested in buying my PS4 steelbook version of the game with the manga book and soundtrack for basically the same price as the regular version ? I'm thinking of switching over to PC and I never got around to using the codes for Goku Black and Tao's stick either so I still have those too.

Nordicus

It's not ordinary dodges, the boss is evading everything by moving body every angle. Stamina barely even moves down.
When I tried Omega Shenron's expert mission where he does just that, using Sudden Storm (Turles' ki blast volley) knocked him out of his weird dodge spam into comboable state almost every time.

LaNaranja

Some really stupid minor things are really dragging this game down. Why can't expert missions be accessed through Roshi's house? Why can't there be a quick-join option for expert missions just like there is for PQs? Why does only the host get credit for beating a mission? Seriously, fix these three things and the game would be sooooooo much better.

Here I am like an asshole stuck trying to beat the Kid Buu expert mission offline because whenever I have hosted a game no-one joins. And if I help someone else beat him then that does nothing for me because it doesn't unlock the next expert mission on my profile.

Slaythe

By the way, twit at the bandai EU twitter, and tell him how to improve the game.

The person handling it is very listening and does his best to get information where it needs to be.

Eu branch has direct ties with the japan branch, unlike Na branch.

Spenny

Here I am like an asshole stuck trying to beat the Kid Buu expert mission offline because whenever I have hosted a game no-one joins. And if I help someone else beat him then that does nothing for me because it doesn't unlock the next expert mission on my profile.
I'm having the same issue. It gets to the point where you need coordination and the AI just can't provide that. The only thing they're good for is sending those giant ki blasts back. Everything else you have to do for them, i.e. breaking them out of mind control.

Permanently A

I was able to beat Kid Buu at level 70 saiyan melee build. The only annoyance he has is the mind control move, you just have to watch for it and get the fuck out of dodge as soon as he uses it.

LaNaranja

I was able to beat Kid Buu at level 70 saiyan melee build. The only annoyance he has is the mind control move, you just have to watch for it and get the fuck out of dodge as soon as he uses it.

My second character is a melee Saiyan which I specifically created to help me with these missions. Hopefully I have better luck with him.

My "main" character is a level 80 Namekian but he just wasn't built for these kinds of battles. His Kaioken skill set has proved great in 1v1 battles and the giant form is great in coop but neither one is good enough to singlehandedly take on these missions.

Did they beef up the AI this time around or am I just forgetting how the first game was? I feel like it's been much better at pushing & punishing my actions, as early as the mid-twenties PQs and the Frieza Saga (Frieza & Cooler story mission).

Did they beef up the AI this time around or am I just forgetting how the first game was? I feel like it's been much better at pushing & punishing my actions, as early as the mid-twenties PQs and the Frieza Saga (Frieza & Cooler story mission).

Yeah, Cooler is when the AI starts to become competent.

SCChappy

Banned
Would anyone be interested in buying my PS4 steelbook version of the game with the manga book and soundtrack for basically the same price as the regular version ? I'm thinking of switching over to PC and I never got around to using the codes for Goku Black and Tao's stick either so I still have those too.

I already have the game but I'd be interested in the codes if you wanted to work something out.

Took beating the story and getting to level 80 but I feel like I finally got a grasp on a play style and moveset that more or less works for me. It took a while to shake off my attachment to what I used in XV1. It all turned up when I started using perfect shot, that move is great.

sephi22

My baby raid experience

I play support in dota and unfortunately that seems like my role in this too. I don't mind babysitting my carries but I'm the most DPS in any random EM, PQ or Raid I do. The golden frieza form charge ki beam is a godsend

Permanently A

Took beating the story and getting to level 80 but I feel like I finally got a grasp on a play style and moveset that more or less works for me. It took a while to shake off my attachment to what I used in XV1. It all turned up when I started using perfect shot, that move is great.

Its so good, I use it more than my ultimates

Top Bottom