• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we get Shenron on the 14th, how much time should be left for us to get the new ability system and Rose and SSB banners?

Also one question i've always had regarding the ability system, can you mess up a character "build"? or all specific units end up the same after the reach 100%?

About a month and a half to two months? And I believe they'll end up the same stats wise, but in terms of the abilities themselves (crit/additional attack, etc.) there are certain nodes where you can choose what they are. They can be changed with a cost, but that's where the difference lies in the end.

EDIT: And for JP peeps, don't forget to do the twitter thing since you get a free stone once a day for doing so.

slash3584

About a month and a half to two months? And I believe they'll end up the same stats wise, but in terms of the abilities themselves (crit/additional attack, etc.) there are certain nodes where you can choose what they are. They can be changed with a cost, but that's where the difference lies in the end.

EDIT: And for JP peeps, don't forget to do the twitter thing since you get a free stone once a day for doing so.

Thanks! going to keep saving gems for those banners

GSSR banner feels like a giant (ape) trap to me. It's nice that an SSR is guaranteed I guess, but this is an extremely lackluster pool of characters. Whatever the merits of these, I simply have no space for them on mono AGI teams. The only ones I think might merit a spot in mono teams are Fasha for the orb changing utility passive and maaaaybe Bardock.

Of course, if your box is very lacking, then these are totally decent filler units. But I'm gonna pass on this one.

GSSR banner feels like a giant (ape) trap to me. It's nice that an SSR is guaranteed I guess, but this is an extremely lackluster pool of characters. Whatever the merits of these, I simply have no space for them on mono AGI teams. The only ones I think might merit a spot in mono teams are Fasha for the orb changing utility passive and maaaaybe Bardock.

Of course, if your box is very lacking, then these are totally decent filler units. But I'm gonna pass on this one.

Turles is probably decent since the AGL meta is shifting more towards the Prepared for Battle link skill vs Shocking Speed.

Wow. They just handed out gold SSR tickets due to the network issues. Got Turles...eh.

Nice! And 10 stones!

EDIT: Dat PHY Kaioken Goku! Ugh, that means I have to do the tourney now... I suppose I can just aim for the 20 straight wins on a low difficulty.

EDIT2: Looks like the WT is postponed anyway. Woop!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Turles is probably decent since the AGL meta is shifting more towards the Prepared for Battle link skill vs Shocking Speed.

Nice! And 10 stones!

EDIT: Dat PHY Kaioken Goku! Ugh, that means I have to do the tourney now... I suppose I can just aim for the 20 straight wins on a low difficulty.

EDIT2: Looks like the WT is postponed anyway. Woop!

Yeah they delayed it. Which is good cause I have to work today lol.

So pumped Xeno Trunks strike is coming next month for GLB. Farmed the Gohan medals I needed a few weeks ago. Him plus PHY SSGSS Vegeta will do some work for the next World Tournament.

I got Goku KK PHY from my gold ticket on JP. Also did a multi and got Nova Shenron. Here is hopeing the next 50 stones gives me SSJ4 Vegeta.

I got Goku KK PHY from my gold ticket on JP. Also did a multi and got Nova Shenron. Here is hopeing the next 50 stones gives me SSJ4 Vegeta.

Got AGL GT Goku from a 50 pull, so he'll link well with SSJ4 Vegeta especially after Dokkan Awakening. Also got STR SSJ3 Goku from the daily banner pull! Finally an SSR from that damn thing. :D

I'm... a bit bored right now in Global. Not sure what to do besides farm for some Baba gems.

doing the bardock event for a whopping 3 DS at the end of it..........

my least favorite thing is losing the 3x EXP. You get next to nothing without it.

I'm still gonna farm SV medals for in case I ever get him (before the anniversary event anyway). What can I say, I'm an optimist...

I think this pull wasn't bad, 2 great apes including the phy goku I really wanted for a long time. Also seems the cooler can dokkan.
nwQNiJr.png

As a side note, I've noticed that all great apes have "a rare chance" to transform, except for the Tora SSR, which just says "may transform" does this mean he has a much higher chance of transforming? (haven't used him yet)
That would at least explain why he has extreme damage on the super instead of supreme.

Edit, I also have the medals to dokkan either that videl or the teq one, which one would y'all recommend?

Meneses

I think this pull wasn't bad, 2 great apes including the phy goku I really wanted for a long time. Also seems the cooler can dokkan.

As a side note, I've noticed that all great apes have "a rare chance" to transform, except for the Tora SSR, which just says "may transform" does this mean he has a much higher chance of transforming? (haven't used him yet)
That would at least explain why he has extreme damage on the super instead of supreme.

Edit, I also have the medals to dokkan either that videl or the teq one, which one would y'all recommend?

Both Videls get a Greatly Reduces Defense super, which can be useful in some events, the differences are:

TEQ Videl
Leader Skill: TEQ and STR ki + 2
AGL and INT enemy attack -25%

STR Videl
Leader skill: All types +25% Attack
Passive: All Types Attack + 1000

I'd say it depends on what you need. If you don't need to use her in your team right now, just wait until some kind of event comes along and you could use one of them, then Dokkan it.

I think I used one for Broly? Can't remember.

Oh Goku you.

Just dokkaned mine today, Looking forward to testing him out soon. Did you have any boosts from support? I'm wondering if that's the sort of numbers I can expect if I can get Beerus to trigger and hit the 590% boost. Somehow I completely glossed over the SSJ3 GT Goku also being a Golden Giant Ape unit, need to awaken him next. I hope these banners don't go anywhere just yet, I've got quite a lot left to do looking at it.

Get a load of this bullshit Link skill, lol http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Lifeform

I mean yeah technically I guess you can put Perfect Cell in a team with Cell (Perfect Form) but just... why

Some like those totally need to be reevaluated. They're just a complete waste of a slot.

I'd say it depends on what you need. If you don't need to use her in your team right now, just wait until some kind of event comes along and you could use one of them, then Dokkan it.

I think I used one for Broly? Can't remember.

Thanks I'll do that, yeah I only farmed enough bulma medals for 1x gohan and 1x videl dokkan, even though I have enough other medals to dokkan them both twice.

BrunoM

Thanks I'll do that, yeah I only farmed enough bulma medals for 1x gohan and 1x videl dokkan, even though I have enough other medals to dokkan them both twice.
If you have the great saiyaman (gohan) str him and videl link like a tank and make the buu dokkan even EASY back then I only had str ssj3 goku as a hard hitter turn out gohan SA10 link with her made it a walk in the park

Got them both guess I always made more use of the str one even for stile events due to both saiyaman low costs so str for me not sure I used the teq one at all

BrunoM

Yeah I have the str gohan saiyaman, but what skill would that be? I thought both versions of either character have the same skills?
It's the skill that's is effective vs buu dokkan ..

But I'm almost sure the other 2 have then aswel my reasoning for it is that them both are str unlike the other two teq and agl
So they link well and go in a team with no problems

Tamanon

Banned
Alright that was an annoying time for the global servers to drop. Just burned a stone so I could get the Tao Dokkan medals finally before the strike change. Bleeeeeh

What should I do with the 13 extra Androids? I'm 100% not going to DA em all the way to LR, but I'm wondering do DAed units get to be part of the dupe system? Their first DA ain't bad, it's the other two that are a pain.

yogloo

What should I do with the 13 extra Androids? I'm 100% not going to DA em all the way to LR, but I'm wondering do DAed units get to be part of the dupe system? Their first DA ain't bad, it's the other two that are a pain.
Da them slowly. We are not in a hurry. There will be times when you have nothing to do.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just dokkaned mine today, Looking forward to testing him out soon. Did you have any boosts from support? I'm wondering if that's the sort of numbers I can expect if I can get Beerus to trigger and hit the 590% boost. Somehow I completely glossed over the SSJ3 GT Goku also being a Golden Giant Ape unit, need to awaken him next. I hope these banners don't go anywhere just yet, I've got quite a lot left to do looking at it.

No particular buffs, just type advantage, SA10 and maxed ability system (without dupes).

On regular enemies he does about 1.5~1.8m.

I think I'll hit rank 60 first and then do tournament. 20 wins at x1 shouldn't be hard. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll pull SV and then counters will take of most of the opponents.

Just read those rewards are adjusted for the shorter WT time period due to the issues. Hope it stays though since that just gives people more incentive to grind (looking at you GLB).

Absent actually making the WT great, which is impossible because it's a tedious grind, at least they can make the rewards better like that. The red stones are for the old demigods, right?

I really hope I pull Omega and STR Broly from the banner to make the WT grind more bearable. Broly's dokkan event will probably come back on the 14th too, maybe I will be able to beat it now that my box is a bit stronger, still have PHY Broly sitting at SA9 undokkaned...

e: nice little overview of upcoming Global banners from reddit (assuming we get Heroes/Fusions/Arale at all...) https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...ming_global_banners_heres_what_to_skip_heres/

Perhaps worth noting that most commenters disagree with the skip Rose Black advice, myself included. That is an awesome banner and mono villain is still very relevant.

Yeah red stones are the first batch of +3 ki mono gods.

And a nice guide for when to pull on the upcoming GLB banners
a.k.a. save for SSJ4 :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...ming_global_banners_heres_what_to_skip_heres/

Looking at banners on JPN coming up for us here on Global, we have 4 months and 2 dozen banners. but only a dozen quality ones or so.
I have only noted the new BANNER GASHAS, not the filler flags (like rising dragon, and mono type banners/repeats)
You will notice the massive amount of GSSR banners, it's almost like they were TRYING to make us dump all of our stones so we won't have any left for... SSJ4

• Omega- if you want omega, don't let me stop you, amazing card, great cards on this banner.
  • Heroes (with gssr)- well, the AGL janemba is bonkers, but the rest are mediocre really, i'd throw 50 at it
  • Fusions (with gssr)- oh boy, cool characters, but i'd say skip it
  • Goku Black banner - i'd say skip, but does have black+phy broly, solid banner, but wait
  • GOD BANNER/Ticketfestival - all the dokkan cards in one place. this is your time to snag a god lead, but do NOT chase that 'one' card
  • Arale Banner (with gssr)- she can be ridiculous strong, if you can afford 1 or 2 gssr pulls, go for it
  • father/son goku family GSSR banenr- skip for sure, old cards, will be obsolete IMO
  • SSB vegito/SS Rose black double dokkan- great cards, lots of them, on two separate banners SKIP IT! they're on the upcoming ssj4 banner
  • STR Perfect Cell dokkanfest - great banner, has gogeta, ssj3 vegeta, omega. want str? this is a solid banner
  • Father Son Vegeta/Trunks Dokkan (with GSSR_ banner - you can certainly live without these guys- skip
  • Rage Trunks/Merged Zamasu Dokkanfest - two incredible units, if you will still have stones for ssj4, then pull away
  • Elder Kai - 10 elder kai SSR for 50 stones. I'll be pulling, but if you're f2p, definitely skip
  • SSB Vegeta Dokkan fest - some great cards, but skip it, ssj4 is on the horizon
  • SSJ4 - Spend everything you have, and become p2p

EDIT: Hah on the same page. :p

BrunoM

For a f2p player that list is easy to read lol spend a couple then save for some time until they are all together so I may pull one lol

Meneses

Gonna skip most of those (or do a single just to get it out of my system) and then do some pulls for Rage Trunks and then all in on SSJ4.

I'm gonna avoid spending
too much
money, and SSJ4 banner will likely be my final test to see if I quit the game or not.

This team completely baffles me. I have no clue why this guy is running it as is.

Highest possible team cost, perhaps? idk

Personally planning to pull on: Omega at least one multi, we'll see how well I can restrain myself. I really want him and STR Broly (for WT). Fusion/Heroes maybe one multi each, Rose Black 3 multis if it's 3+1 free, 1/2 on Trunks/zamasu, and then nothing until SS4.

This is all contingent on how many stones they give away and how many sales on DS there are between now and then because I will never buy stones if they are not on sale.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This is how you spend:
> Fusions sucks, skip
> If you want to run to run Villains/AGL/STR in future pull on Heroes Banner; it actually has cards with unlikely passives alongside links which makes them more futureproof
> Arale Banner is shit unless you already have Broly and SSJ3 GT AND lack the TEQ duo for WT. Or simply skip if you don't do the WT, her cards do nothing unique other than look cool. The SSR pool is quite large and getting those other lame charas suuuuuuck.
> Skip everything else
> Spend everything on SSJ4

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm planning to dump all my stones on Omega if need be, but if I get lucky and have leftover stones I'll probably do a multi on heroes. After that nothing until SSJ4.

Also it's a shame I don't have anyone to spend SSB Goku medals on. That fight is a joke with my gotenks team. Way easier than Beerus.

112 SSJ4 Goku medals later and SSJ4 Veggie is still kicking my ass. Him having 4 stages instead of 3 is kind of a pain in the ass and his super on the final stage can OHKO me.

No particular buffs, just type advantage, SA10 and maxed ability system (without dupes).

On regular enemies he does about 1.5~1.8m.

Oh nice. I've got one dupe for mine but no kais to spend on him right now so I guess he's my next priority for them.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Not sure if global will get the red stone. That tournament is only 2 away from where global is now and that stone is tied in with the second anniversary stuff. Actually the fact that the prizes are so much better than normal are probably because it's the anniversary WT, global might skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom