• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoM

Damn been waiting for the picallo strike to cone around to SA10 my damn 2 picallos so I can TUR mine and wait for the next WT TO lr ..but doesn't look like they want me to get SA10 lol

K, as we're getting close to OT2 time, what tips and tricks does everyone have for newbies and oldies?

• Close the app before getting hit by a super attack
  • The higher a character's defense is, the more HP they'll receive when grabbing a ki orb of its own element
  • When scrolling through your character list, you can quick scroll using multitouch. The more fingers used, the faster the scroll.
  • You can also reach the bottom and top of your lists by clicking on either the total number at the bottom of the screen or hitting the banner above your characters.

Newbie tips. Conserve damage % reduction items and other rare item drops for late game/DA events. Ask for team building advice before awakening characters. Read up on characters from the banners or ask for advice before pulling.

It's easy to do heavy damage to yourself early on without knowing what you're doing, especially with that last one.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
K, as we're getting close to OT2 time, what tips and tricks does everyone have for newbies and oldies?

• The higher a character's defense is, the more HP they'll receive when grabbing a ki orb of its own element
  • When scrolling through your character list, you can quick scroll using multitouch. The more fingers used, the faster the scroll.
  • You can also reach the bottom and top of your lists by clicking on either the total number at the bottom of the screen or hitting the banner above your characters.
Zawakening can increase the chance to raise supers for characters

I tried the surpassing all dokkan event and I'm surprised I almost beat it with my mono teq team from my shitty box, I was literally 1 super attack away from beating it.

How many of those medals do you get for beating him?

When going over squares that give ki to a character you can close the app before the picture of the character goes away, and when you relaunch it you will be where you were before you moved and can get the ki to another character. I've spent like 15min doing it once because I wanted the ki to go to my super sealer with poor links lol.

edit:
-pull on TEQ banner-
-multiple pods-
-rainbow text-
-Goku goes SSJ-
-SSJ picture-
-SSJ2 picture-
CAN IT BEEEEEEEEEEE MV :D?!?!?!?!
-SR Videl. FUCK!

Just waiting to go for it once I get a high enough Team Cost count for my optimal AGL team mostly awakened.

That's probably the wise route going from my experience. Once I can get GF onto my team I might give it another shot but I'd probably be better to awaken him and Rose first too.

By the way anyone who's played JPN for a bit know how the dupe character is used during the dupe system? I've got it unlocked and working my way around it but the dupe character is still sitting there. Found a slot for him on the map but I can't use it. Does he need to be UR like the character I'm working with too?

Its better to have a team that links well over a team full of powerful characters that don't mesh well. Which is rare nowadays with most people sharing at least 1 link or more but it can happen depending on what you pull.

That's probably the wise route going from my experience. Once I can get GF onto my team I might give it another shot but I'd probably be better to awaken him and Rose first too.

By the way anyone who's played JPN for a bit know how the dupe character is used during the dupe system? I've got it unlocked and working my way around it but the dupe character is still sitting there. Found a slot for him on the map but I can't use it. Does he need to be UR like the character I'm working with too?

Just did it with SSJ4 Vegeta. You should be able to just click on the dupe node and it should take you to a sub menu to allow you to select a dupe card to unlock. Doesn't have to be a UR at all.

Just did it with SSJ4 Vegeta. You should be able to just click on the dupe node and it should take you to a sub menu to allow you to select a dupe card to unlock. Doesn't have to be a UR at all.

Ah ok, Coulda sworn they needed to be a UR to use the dupe system on them. For some reason my Goku isn't happy to eat the other and I'm wondering if it's because one is Z awakened and the other isn't. I dunno if I should use the sandtimer on him to reverse it or not.

Ah ok, Coulda sworn they needed to be a UR to use the dupe system on them. For some reason my Goku isn't happy to eat the other and I'm wondering if it's because one is Z awakened and the other isn't. I dunno if I should use the sandtimer on him to reverse it or not.

That shouldn't matter. My SSJ4 Vegeta is Z-Awakened and I used my lvl 1 SSR SSJ4 Vegeta just fine.

Goddamnit, they're gonna make me do WT again huh.

RIP weekend!

Beerus is looking great with that 90% ATK up on Super Attacks. So glad I have him already...
Well... all the WT rewards so far >__>

And wow at PHY Kaioken Goku! Better than the AGL rebirth one, huh?

Ah my own dumb mistake it seems, I had him locked in my box. By the way I've hit an orb that Isn't blocked, but says something about lv2, lv1. Will using that Goku level up the board too allowing me to access that path? Because that could be ideal, it would open an already locked path plus one with 4 stars on it, but if I'm wrong it'll open an area of the board I can't reach.

Edit: Ah, that explains it then. May as well open that spot on the board and worry about it when I get my next Kai.

Ah my own dumb mistake it seems, I had him locked in my box. By the way I've hit an orb that Isn't blocked, but says something about lv2, lv1. Will using that Goku level up the board too allowing me to access that path? Because that could be ideal, it would open an already locked path plus one with 4 stars on it, but if I'm wrong it'll open an area of the board I can't reach.

It might be an SA level requirement. The further you go, the higher your SA level needs to be.

MiTYH

Just checking, didn't see it listed elsewhere. What's the maintenance tonight for Global adding? I know a bunch of events are due to end

Skii

I have the Z-sword Gohan, Bardock and Kaioken from the WT Rebirths so I'm pretty happy. They're also increasing the WT medals you get from local ranking because these rebirths require them. So getting your LR Piccolo will be a little quicker as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
RIP weekend!

Beerus is looking great with that 90% ATK up on Super Attacks. So glad I have him already...
Well... all the WT rewards so far >__>

And wow at PHY Kaioken Goku! Better than the AGL rebirth one, huh?

I just wish it was less grindy... less soul-destroying...

MiTYH

Global....adding?

For real no idea. There's another god coming at the end of the month I think but other than that no clue.

Sorry, just bad typing. I think I meant to ask what events are being rotated in, since Golden Frieza, SSBKK, Godtenks, Beerus, Cell, and the Cooler event all end tonight. I know the dokkan stuff were part of the event, wasn't sure if a new one was coming. At least something should replace Cooler's thing, right?

BrunoM

When raising some cards SA keep them as their SSR/UR dokkan in them will drastically reduce the % of SA raise

Sorry, just bad typing. I think I meant to ask what events are being rotated in, since Golden Frieza, SSBKK, Godtenks, Beerus, Cell, and the Cooler event all end tonight. I know the dokkan stuff were part of the event, wasn't sure if a new one was coming. At least something should replace Cooler's thing, right?

I was just joking with how dead global feels at times. Usually something gets subbed in for the strike characters, I think they're in constant rotation since LR Goku released. The Dokkan Awakening events can be hit or miss. Sometimes they rotate and sometimes there just aren't any for brief periods, though with the increasing character count that will hopefully be less common now.

I can't seem to find anything about what's coming into rotation though unfortunately. The most up to date and active communities seem to track the JPN version a lot more than global.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was just joking with how dead global feels at times. Usually something gets subbed in for the strike characters, I think they're in constant rotation since LR Goku released. The Dokkan Awakening events can be hit or miss. Sometimes they rotate and sometimes there just aren't any for brief periods, though with the increasing character count that will hopefully be less common now.

I can't seem to find anything about what's coming into rotation though unfortunately. The most up to date and active communities seem to track the JPN version a lot more than global.
Don't start getting boners over thinking about how JP is better than Global. If you take a look back at JP at this time, people were complaining about no stuff to do.

Don't start pushing that JP has people tracking it better either. We just don't know.

Man those rebirths are amazing. Now it won't feel as bad when you pull one of the WT rewards. The TEQ SSJ2 Gohan is missing along with a few other WT rewards but this is a good start.

The PHY KK Goku is amazing and I can't wait for that, the art makes it even better since its from the beam clash.

Global is on maintenance. Here's hoping to delayed maintenance for free stones and here's hoping to the first Frieza event coming...

edit: Nope. No Emperor event :(.

slash3584

So if we get Shenron on the 14th, how much time should be left for us to get the new ability system and Rose and SSB banners?

Also one question i've always had regarding the ability system, can you mess up a character "build"? or all specific units end up the same after the reach 100%?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I was hoping Gogeta dokkan would show up today. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom