• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I kind of want to farm strike chars to try and get LR goku but if I'm being honest with myself I know I'm never going to suffer through super strikes. The 100 team cost mechanic is butts and I never remember to save the random R's that are useful for them.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Anyone know how defense/mitigation is actually calculated in this game? It's super weird, I've used Ox Kings and taken like 100s of damage, where without the Ox King in the exact same situation (by reloading) I've taken like 10k damage. I guess the Ox King 50% is calculated before everything else, but that's still a fairly large discrepancy. I never really paid any attention to units' def stats outside of % mitigation, but units like WT Piccolo do seem to make a difference.

There's a reddit post somewhere that details it, can't find it. But it's some weird formula where the percentages are all calculated at base damage and then reduced. That's why the numbers sometimes don't make sense and why AGL Frieza + King Yemma takes like 300 dmg from Full Powered Frieza's KO Super Attacks where as AGL Frieza alone will take like 400k damage.

I kind of want to farm strike chars to try and get LR goku but if I'm being honest with myself I know I'm never going to suffer through super strikes. The 100 team cost mechanic is butts and I never remember to save the random R's that are useful for them.

Yeah LR Goku is for people who have been playing for at least 6 months, I'd say. The grind to farm and awaken the strike characters alone is massive, especially if you wanna go for SA 15, and realistically you'd probably need to do several WTs to get the medals needed, especially with the horrible droprate since the last WT. I've been playing for almost 4 months now and I have like, 2 dokkaned strike characters. I could awaken some more, but I haven't bothered upping their SAs yet. The only Strike characters I'm getting now are the ones that will be useful for LR Frieza, so AGI units and Jackie Chun. Also farming Mighty Mask for the Broly event, but that's about it.

My primary interest in LR goku is just for LR frieza anyway, as apparently every team used to farm those medals is LR goku lead. If Frieza is beatable without him than I'd be happy to just focus on getting the agi super strike chars and jackie.

I haven't confirmed this, but I'm sure LR Frieza is doable without LR Goku, if you can manage to get an LR Goku Friend. Anyone who plays on JP know?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah LR Goku is for people who have been playing for at least 6 months, I'd say. The grind to farm and awaken the strike characters alone is massive, especially if you wanna go for SA 15, and realistically you'd probably need to do several WTs to get the medals needed, especially with the horrible droprate since the last WT. I've been playing for almost 4 months now and I have like, 2 dokkaned strike characters. I could awaken some more, but I haven't bothered upping their SAs yet. The only Strike characters I'm getting now are the ones that will be useful for LR Frieza, so AGI units and Jackie Chun. Also farming Mighty Mask for the Broly event, but that's about it.

My primary interest in LR goku is just for LR frieza anyway, as apparently every team used to farm those medals is LR goku lead. If Frieza is beatable without him than I'd be happy to just focus on getting the agi super strike chars and jackie.

Nice! When I have the eventual team cost I'll be running something similar with my mono AGL:

SSJ4
SV
Rose
SSJ3 Goku
SSB Vegeta
SSG Goku

Might sub in AGL Kid Buu somewhere for the health regen, but SSJ4 Vegeta is pretty damn good since his high DEF boosts the HP you regen when collecting your own element orb (if you didn't know that before). While it's not as easy as Buuhan since you can use any Ki orb, the HP regen from an AGL orb with SSJ4 is pretty damn high.

I only got SV, STR SSB Vegeta and the new Trunks from the Goku banner. The rate is also lower than Vegeta's for sure.

Damn that's a nice team. I've never actually had the luck to get any Buu cards yet either so wasn't aware he also has regen, figured it was a Buuhan only thing. Now I'm gonna be hoping for a Buu pull to pair with Veggie.

The Goku banner ended up eating a lot of my stones to be honest. I was on my 7th multi when SV finally dropped.

Honestly with the way LR Goku is right now I think it's almost impossible to justify. First you need to do all the strike characters which takes ages anyway, but then once you've done that the only way to level up SA reliably is to farm the crappy goku mission until you have 18 of them and awaken every single one. Then farm the first LR mission time and time again hoping for the character drop, then finally farm almost 1500 medals. It's ridiculous IMO. Androids are a cake walk by comparison.

Anoregon

Yeah Androids are actually a pretty reasonable farm if you are fine with SA 10. I know I sure as shit don't feel compelled to farm up a 2nd set of medals for the extra super levels.

Aiii

So not worth it
img_0398wxul6.png
img_0399tmujz.png

This game breaking motherfucker right here.

jesus christ @ that amount of HP

edit: btw does the treasures section of baba's shop ever restock, so I can buy the 100 gem SSR cards and sell them for points again?

Heh. Actually made it without Buuhan reaching the second stage.

I've done it with SV...... so jealous lol.

So I'm kinda salty since I had 5 stones to go and I missed out on the free multi but right when I pulled I got Blue Vegito so it kinda worked out. Gonna try for SSJ4 Vegeta and some good STR units for my Goku.

Kettch

So I rerolled a JP account for fun. Ended up with SS4 Vegeta, Super Vegito, Rose, TEQ Golden Freeza and even that R super sealing Shenron lady.

Might try some more pulls on the Vegeta banner just because so many of the units are good and dupes are fine, but I think top priority now is getting AGL Golden Freeza. Hopefully he comes up on a dokkan banner at some point.

So I rerolled a JP account for fun. Ended up with SS4 Vegeta, Super Vegito, Rose, TEQ Golden Freeza and even that R super sealing Shenron lady.

Might try some more pulls on the Vegeta banner just because so many of the units are good and dupes are fine, but I think top priority now is getting AGL Golden Freeza. Hopefully he comes up on a dokkan banner at some point.

He's actually in the free pool right now so I'd hold out until that's over. I got lucky enough to have him drop for me earlier today.

Tamanon

Banned
Start today with Jackie Chun at SA9, decide it's the day to finally max him, then at least get him Dokkaned.

105 stamina later, Jackie Chun at SA9.

Yay.

Start today with Jackie Chun at SA9, decide it's the day to finally max him, then at least get him Dokkaned.

105 stamina later, Jackie Chun at SA9.

Yay.

oof, that's rough. I've had good luck with Mighty Mask today, got a drop at least every other run. Not sure if I'll bother with farming Chun since he only gets Huge damage anyway.

Lunar festival logins done.....

Hello darkness, my old friend.

That feel when you have 3 stones and just 1 would have given you enough for a pull after you do the bonus mission.

BTW whats the date that the SSJ4 banners end? I'm gonna take my sweet ass time farming story missions since the 3 pull and 1 free is done now.

Meneses

This will be the thing that causes me to drop the game eventually I think. It's so dumb not having a daily stone. Isn't One Piece's gacha game the same company? Cause that actually does have a daily login bonus.

It is dumb, but they usually come up with some login event most of the time.

There's probably gonna be some Valentine's Day login bonus or something like that.

MiTYH

This will be the thing that causes me to drop the game eventually I think. It's so dumb not having a daily stone. Isn't One Piece's gacha game the same company? Cause that actually does have a daily login bonus.

OPTC is the only one I know of that does one free gem, daily, regardless of anything else gong on. Even old ones like Puzzle/Dragons doesnt guarantee a gem a day.

Ah at least the daily missions stone is still up then. Maybe I've been a little spoiled by OPTC since that and DBDB are the only two I've played. I really hope we at least get most of the stones they gave to Japan for the 2nd anniversary. Building back up to enough for a multi just takes forever once you've had your account long enough to cycle through a bunch of the missions.

So, I Dokkan'd INT Ultimate Gohan, and I gotta say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I mean, he's a fine unit and I could see him doing okay on a mono INT team, but eh.

So, I Dokkan'd INT Ultimate Gohan, and I gotta say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I mean, he's a fine unit and I could see him doing okay on a mono INT team, but eh.

The longer the fight the more amazing he is to work with. He links very well with Buuhan too. Plus you don't even need to feed him ki orbs. As long as he hits 7ki its an automatic super.

I think INT Ulti Gohan is the best out of the 4 types imho. Though to be fair he is the Mono INT lead before the God leads became a thing.

... or just TEQ SS Bardock.

That's a pulled unit versus a farmable unit. If you have TEQ SSJ Bardock yeh he's obviously better. However, unlucky plebs like me would have to use Jackie Chuan.

at 10 or 15? I'm sure I will get him (just need a few more medals), just not sure if I'll farm his SA.

SA 15 increases his attack. But I think he supers before then so long as he's DAed. I think...

I now have nothing to do :/. I have all the Strike characters at SA15 that are currently up. I was farming Vegeta yesterday but still 4 medals short. I wish the other Frieza event would come already...

edit: Do the LR Androids have areas blocked up that you have to use dupes for?

Ashodin

yeah Godtenks was fucking amazing for SSBKK. Volleyball attack hit for like 6-900k. Make quick work every time I brought him.

HOLY SHIT
Godtenks SA10 rolling over SV o___O
1,6M damage dealt with the volley ball attack in dokkan mode oO

It's beautiful in conjunction with Vegito activating his SA before as well. Need more Elder Kais, but I don't want to drop anything on the element banners for more. :S

Geez the Super version of the Golden Frieza fight is no joke. He attacks 5 times in a turn. RIP my AGI team. Wishing I'd farmed enough to awaken both the INT and AGI ones now, I can't decide which one to dokkan.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Ah at least the daily missions stone is still up then. Maybe I've been a little spoiled by OPTC since that and DBDB are the only two I've played. I really hope we at least get most of the stones they gave to Japan for the 2nd anniversary. Building back up to enough for a multi just takes forever once you've had your account long enough to cycle through a bunch of the missions.

Not really, there are other gacha style games that provide free daily currency. Final Fantasy Record Keeper is the most notable example I've played, as it gives out Mythril every day with the potential for 2, even 3, if there's a log-in event going on. Fire Emblem Heroes just released and currently gives out currency each day. Though it remains to be seen if that is just a launch thing.

So I just pulled STR Beerus on the ticket banner. Would he prove useful to a Goku SSJ4 STR team? I'm kinda hoping so since that puts me at one character each from STR and AGL perfection. Getting the medals is really gonna suck though.

So I just pulled STR Beerus on the ticket banner. Would he prove useful to a Goku SSJ4 STR team? I'm kinda hoping so since that puts me at one character each from STR and AGL perfection. Getting the medals is really gonna suck though.

I'm not fully up on the JP meta, but dokkaned, he's an absolute monster when his passive procs, which is probably half or two-thirds of the time. At SA1 on a dual Gogeta team he can hit for ~250-300k, so I can only imagine what a monster he is on a dual SS4 Goku/Omega team.

edit: his passive is 200% when dokkaned, and it's my understanding that all the % bonuses stack additively, so I think you're essentially correct afaik.

I'm not fully up on the JP meta, but dokkaned, he's an absolute monster when his passive procs, which is probably half or two-thirds of the time. At SA1 on a dual Gogeta team he can hit for ~250-300k, so I can only imagine what a monster he is on a dual SS4 Goku/Omega team.

Oh wow. Yeah I just checked up on his passive. A 200% damage boost as a passive? I'd imagine that makes him one of the very best cards to have with SSJ4 especially being percentage based. So with Dual Goku that's a 240% boost, then 150% from Goku's passive and a chance of a further 200% from Beerus? Does that stuff stack?

That would be a 590% damage boost...

Edit: Dear lord. I really need to get to awakening my STR team too by the looks of it. It may be even more deadly than my AGL.

Oh wow. Yeah I just checked up on his passive. A 200% damage boost as a passive? I'd imagine that makes him one of the very best cards to have with SSJ4 especially being percentage based. So with Dual Goku that's a 240% boost, then 150% from Goku's passive and a chance of a further 200% from Beerus? Does that stuff stack?

That would be a 590% damage boost...

Edit: Dear lord. I really need to get to awakening my STR team too by the looks of it. It may be even more deadly than my AGL.
I have him on GLB and the only problem he has is consistency with the passive, even though it has a "high" rate to proc. If you have nothing else, he's great but he's no longer in my current rotation as links are way more valuable.

I have him on GLB and the only problem he has is consistency with the passive, even though it has a "high" rate to proc. If you have nothing else, he's great but he's no longer in my current rotation as links are way more valuable.

Ah ok, yeah I guess he's just going to be a good filler with a chance of making a big damage boost until I get something that links better. I Imagine SSJ3 GT Goku is going to occupy the spot next to SSJ4 Goku most of the time. By the way have you managed to DA your Veggie yet? I'm struggling like crazy with it.

Kind of in a weird spot to be honest since I've collected a bunch of DA medals for my AGL team but can't get the leaders medals, haven't got all the DA medals for my STR team, but can farm SSJ4 Goku with a saibaman still occupying a slot.

Anoregon

Having STR Beerus is one of the reasons I'm willing to dump all my stones on the Omega banner. Between him and my SA10 Gogeta I have way higher damage potential (and overall stats/unit quality with other dudes like SS3 Goku) than my teq or agi teams. I even have a reliable sealer thanks to SR Buutenks having over in a flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom