• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

vato_loco

Anyone else having any trouble updating? I haven't been able to access the game because the Downloading bar keeps resetting itself...

Never mind, after posting that, the game updated OK.

So... is Captain Fulton a high tier SSS? I just got him from the free SSS summon.

JigsawX

So if you want to enhance an ascended unit you still need to have essences. One essence for each enhancement chance.

Yikes.

So in order to enhance a new bloodwind from 0 to 1. It will also take 1 essence from the stuff you use to ascend in the first place? The 10 one? So ideally you need 23 essence for one unit to evolve and re-ultimate? That sounds painful.

Yaari

Whoa. I just combined for a SSS Pirate King Byron. Looks beast. Finally a high tier SSS for me?

edit: Yeah. Looks like it. Sweet. Now to enhance him and gear him :( Sigh.

Grats. I've really been hoping to pull one like that. Should help a ton.

Ventara

Work all day and finally get my first Draco, brightspark, biggest trouble is gold, Max to ultimate take almost 2m, plus 800k deify cost, man that was few hours of lab grind.
Now enhance her is another big problem, but hey, it's all worth it. Really powerful single target spell, aoe normal attack, and the best part aoe hp steal plus stun!

Whoah! How'd you get so many SSS? Or is this your original account? Anyways, congrats! Though you could've saved some gold by enhancing during the 30% discount bonus.

garath

Grats. I've really been hoping to pull one like that. Should help a ton.

At level 40 +2 enhance, he had higher base defense, hp and attack than my SS MAX warrior. He's almost 55 now then I need to gear him up. He's pretty incredible. Invincibility, AOE stun, AOE taunt and actually really good damage numbers too. Jeez. No wonder I get stomped in the arena by Pirate kings.

Yaari

Wow, that's fast wapplew. You're probably the first of us to get one.

I think I'll start upgrading my Turq. I have no Rogue yet. And I want to use this bonus tonight. Turq can become a Brightspark. I don't like Turq that much that I'd never want to get rid of her.

wapplew

Whoah! How'd you get so many SSS? Or is this your original account? Anyways, congrats! Though you could've saved some gold by enhancing during the 30% discount bonus.

Ya, my orignal account (thanks to a bunch or trash SSS) and I'm did save gold from bonus, but still cost a ton. Didn't bother collect essence too, just out right buy with ruby.
Maybe I'll use ruby to enhance her too, just too rare, one essence drop whole day.

garath

Ya, my orignal account (thanks to a bunch or trash SSS) and I'm did save gold from bonus, but still cost a ton. Didn't bother collect essence too, just out right buy with ruby.
Maybe I'll use ruby to enhance her too, just too rare, just one essence drop whole day.

I haven't even seen a single essence yet. I've used about 200 shoes so far.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I haven't even seen a single essence yet. I've used about 200 shoes so far.

I have 3, and I've used about 250 or so shoes today so far. But the 3 were within the first 10 minutes of playing. Nothing for the last few hours.

KimChi

At level 40 +2 enhance, he had higher base defense, hp and attack than my SS MAX warrior. He's almost 55 now then I need to gear him up. He's pretty incredible. Invincibility, AOE stun, AOE taunt and actually really good damage numbers too. Jeez. No wonder I get stomped in the arena by Pirate kings.

Yea I just combined for him today too, my party has been surviving much better compared to my old abyss king. So glad I held back from using my extra blazing sword and shield on my old tank.
I'm just going to use my tickets to prioritiize gold from labyrinth now especially with that enhance boost being a thing.

garath

Yea I just combined for him today too, my party has been surviving much better compared to my old abyss king. So glad I held back from using my extra blazing sword and shield on my old tank.
I'm just going to use my tickets to prioritiize gold from labyrinth now especially with that enhance boost being a thing.

Nice!! I actually just put my mythical warrior gear on my SS warrior lol. dammit. I have a few SS items floating around that might work on him though. He's already a beast.

Whizkid7

Yup, I've had him for a while now and he makes me really jealous that my warrior main doesn't have those kind of skills. AOE damage taunt that puts out good numbers especially. The invincibility is great in arena too since he tends to be smart enough to go Taunt -> Invincible so all those murder rogues just waste their Hidden Blades on him.

Yaari

Yeah probably using a potion of some sort. I personally really don't care, I don't need to rush to 60. I actually like the game while I can still get exp for doing things. I'll be 60 soon enough.

What's the best place to farm some 55 staff, orb, and armor for Mercedes? Doesn't need to be good. Blue or purple is fine. Dungeon or raid?

goober

This game feels so much harder now. I respecced my warrior from shield max ult to pure taunt tank. I feel like I can barely survive. Also feel useless in raids.

garath

They messed something up in this app on my phone. I disconnect all the time and usually reconnect with no issues. However, since the update now if I disconnect, it hangs on reloading the stage. I lose shoes, tickets, whatever. It doesn't complete whatever I was doing and I have to force close the app. :(

Limit

They messed something up in this app on my phone. I disconnect all the time and usually reconnect with no issues. However, since the update now if I disconnect, it hangs on reloading the stage. I lose shoes, tickets, whatever. It doesn't complete whatever I was doing and I have to force close the app. :(

Same hangups happening here too. On S5. It's the first day of their new update though. They get a pass from me.

Kinan

OMG, got King Gram from my free S2 SSS! RNG is so nice to me, got Loki and Gram and I didnt even manage to combine two SSs yet.

Now where do I get good gear for Gram? lvl 49 atm.

Yaari

It looks like HIVE accounts still work the same way. People don't have to actually enter the game to be counted as a invite.

But I don't know how to make those accounts. I'd be fine sacrificing the daily shoes and just get 50 Rubies and an extra SS per month.

I'll look into it but its probably not going to work.

So I made a spreadsheet to calculate the expected number of fodder that will be required for various enhancement strategies. You basically fill in what type of fodder you plan to use on each attempt, and it spits out a table that says, given the strategy you have employed, how much of each fodder you can expect to use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NYLJGB4oM6uFMY_V7IoQSW1Ypx1MX7iZ2bytxc3WIZw/edit?usp=sharing

Still very much a beta, so let me know if you find any bugs or have any questions about how it works.

Yaari

Lol, the HIVE website keeps suggesting friends to me. I guess I'm fine for now. I'll use that instead of Facebook. Free Shoes continues.

Whizkid7

This game feels so much harder now. I respecced my warrior from shield max ult to pure taunt tank. I feel like I can barely survive. Also feel useless in raids.

Yeah, I'm sticking with shield ult only because at least that way I'm not essentially dead weight in a raid group. I get why you'd want to run taunt tank setup, but I don't find that super enjoyable and I think the utility offered by the shield ult is still good in a raid.

Yaari

When I click the HIVE button it doesn't say anything, just says you do not have any HIVE friends. Where do I do it?

You probably don't have any then. I'm not sure how one gets HIVE friends. Perhaps some were tied to mine because of Facebook.

You can go to withhive.com, where you can login, if you go to Feed then, you see some guys asking to be your friends.

It's quite a hassle, I'm going for 40 and that's enough. They don't really reset it all too often anyway.

There's some "Suggested Friends" where I send out some invites, most people are inactive, I'm not expecting too much from it.

If you take 10-15 min or so to tell people to send you an invite, and you invite some yourself, you can probably get about 20 without too many issues. They have to accept first but I doubt that takes long, they're all eager for that free SS I gues.. lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know I've whined about this before, but honestly, the rate of non-As for premium pulls is just ridiculous. I just pulled 25 times, and I got 1 S. Rest As. If I had paid money for that, I would be so mad.

goober

Yeah, I'm sticking with shield ult only because at least that way I'm not essentially dead weight in a raid group. I get why you'd want to run taunt tank setup, but I don't find that super enjoyable and I think the utility offered by the shield ult is still good in a raid.

I was originally Shield Ult spec. I thought it was okay, not too great. Maybe it's just the warrior class in general. doesn't seem to shine anywhere in particular. Even lackluster in areas.

ACSwift

combined for my 4th sss, its captain freya, my free sss summon.... its captain freya.......... decided to combine for my 5th sss........ its captain freya. wth dragon blaze.

Chaos17

So I made a spreadsheet to calculate the expected number of fodder that will be required for various enhancement strategies. You basically fill in what type of fodder you plan to use on each attempt, and it spits out a table that says, given the strategy you have employed, how much of each fodder you can expect to use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NYLJGB4oM6uFMY_V7IoQSW1Ypx1MX7iZ2bytxc3WIZw/edit?usp=sharing

Still very much a beta, so let me know if you find any bugs or have any questions about how it works.

That's a really nice idea :)
Thank you for your work

zanyu

You probably don't have any then. I'm not sure how one gets HIVE friends. Perhaps some were tied to mine because of Facebook.

You can go to withhive.com, where you can login, if you go to Feed then, you see some guys asking to be your friends.

It's quite a hassle, I'm going for 40 and that's enough. They don't really reset it all too often anyway.

There's some "Suggested Friends" where I send out some invites, most people are inactive, I'm not expecting too much from it.

If you take 10-15 min or so to tell people to send you an invite, and you invite some yourself, you can probably get about 20 without too many issues. They have to accept first but I doubt that takes long, they're all eager for that free SS I gues.. lol.

How would I invite friends? I don't even see an add friend button. Sorry I also sent you a PM asking about this, didn't read the thread before sending it.

Yaari

How would I invite friends? I don't even see an add friend button. Sorry I also sent you a PM asking about this, didn't read the thread before sending it.

1. Go to http://www.withhive.com/club
2. Find the "Dragon Blaze" Club
3. You will see people asking for invites
4. Click on their name, once in their profile, you will see a logo next to their name that allows you to send a invite.

They are now your friends and they will show up under "HIVE", when you look in-game. You can send them a invite.

It will take a while, but I figure, so will making a SS in the game. This method should be a little more worthwhile hopefully.

1. Go to http://www.withhive.com/club
2. Find the "Dragon Blaze" Club
3. You will see people asking for invites
4. Click on their name, once in their profile, you will see a logo next to their name that allows you to send a invite.

They are now your friends and they will show up under "HIVE", when you look in-game. You can send them a invite.

It will take a while, but I figure, so will making a SS in the game. This method should be a little more worthwhile hopefully.

So 1 guy accepted my invite. He shows up under HIVE in game, but the button says "Friend Request" and it looks greyed out. I clicked it and nothing happened.

Edit: Nvm, so I clicked the button a second time and it says I've already sent an invite to that user. So I guess it's just waiting for him to log into the game or something. Invite count still hasn't gone up.

Yaari

So 1 guy accepted my invite. He shows up under HIVE in game, but the button says "Friend Request" and it looks greyed out. I clicked it and nothing happened.

Edit: Nvm, so I clicked the button a second time and it says I've already sent an invite to that user. So I guess it's just waiting for him to log into the game or something. Invite count still hasn't gone up.
No, he's probably not really a friend of yours yet then. Because when I did it earlier today, I instantly had like 8 add up. Either way, if you go to Dragon Blaze Club, they are all actual players. So you should be fine sending them the invites.

It's quite a hassle but I got nothing to do right now so whatever.

No, he's probably not really a friend of yours yet then. Because when I did it earlier today, I instantly had like 8 add up. Either way, if you go to Dragon Blaze Club, they are all actual players. So you should be fine sending them the invites.

Hmm, well I went to the website and clicked add on like 30 people. And only after that did this thing show up in my game. But as of now he's stillt he only one that's showing up in game.

orkanamn

Banned
If I purchase the same weapon enhancement/costume/accessorie, does it reach level 2 when equipped? Don't want to waste 105 rubies by just testing. :b and if not, how do I get them to level up?

So yea that's where I'm adding them from, the Dragon Blaze club. And they are accepting my invites on the website, but when I do the Friend Request button in the game after they accept my request, the invite count still doesn't go up. Guess I'll keep waiting, maybe it's only after they log in.

Yaari

So yea that's where I'm adding them from, the Dragon Blaze club. And they are accepting my invites on the website, but when I do the Friend Request button in the game after they accept my request, the invite count still doesn't go up. Guess I'll keep waiting, maybe it's only after they log in.

I think they'll put up eventually, they do have to add you as well, yeah. I had a new one just recently. We'll figure it out.

Limit

If I purchase the same weapon enhancement/costume/accessorie, does it reach level 2 when equipped? Don't want to waste 105 rubies by just testing. :b and if not, how do I get them to level up?

You don't level them up. They are level 1 because then that allows you to put the equipment on level 1 characters and up.

Top Bottom