• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

The new content is kicking my butt. Partially that is my fault though. I fed all my SSS, even my tanks, to Windlune in a feeble attempt to get an ascended unit asap. And now I don't even have a team flexible enough to withstand long battles.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Lesson learned, never ever fuse your main team

vato_loco

Yeah, the goal is to get as much as you can monsters then combine them.
We use C allies to feed S then make SS from them.
We use B to feed SS then make SSS from them.
We use A to feed SSS.

So all the monsters/fodders you got are usefull.

I advice you to wait tomorow ight, there will be a new buff every 2 days that give 30% chance to enhancing when it fail.

Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...apter-2-Launch-Party-(7-21-8-21-PDT-CEST-SGT)

You use B to feed S? I use a couple of them and then use an A to make sure it goes through. I still have a lot to learn.

It's where you have a fake facebook with fake friends, and you invite 10 per day, which gives 20 shoes per day. There is also the rewards for getting a total of 50, which is a SS card.

You need to link your HIVE to the game, which is linked to the fake Facebook.

Too much trouble for such a reward, I think.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Gonna throw down the rubies to buy the essence? I'm not sure how the warrior ranks in terms of ascended units but it does seem like rogue and archer are best. Might be better just to grind it out to ascend one of those instead and see if you can get any essences to drop.

Yeah, I have 500 or so rubies and a bunch of guys to reach max rapport with now. I was going to buy the essence but I can probably grind a few out. But your'e right, just did a little digging, and archer seems to be the way to go. Annoying to delay it a few days but worth it in the end!

Chaos17

Guild battles are going to become hard starting for me.
I'm no way close to catch the gap thanks to RNG.

You use B to feed S? I use a couple of them and then use an A to make sure it goes through. I still have a lot to learn.

Upgrading SSS is tough so you need to save A wih some S when it get really though to MAX them.
Also know that to get new allies the ascended allies you need to MAX+5 a SSS.
Meaning that you will need 5 fooders SSS to feed on that MAX SSS.
So yeah, the goal is really to make as much as you can units and use the better ones to advance in the game.

Pejo

Did any of you guys try Byron and get totally annihilated on the 3rd wave by some AoE? I tried him just for laughs and wow, got smacked down hard.

Looks like I have a bit more grind before I'm making it to the new zone.

garath

Did any of you guys try Byron and get totally annihilated on the 3rd wave by some AoE? I tried him just for laughs and wow, got smacked down hard.

Looks like I have a bit more grind before I'm making it to the new zone.

I haven't really faced many challenges in the new zones yet but there are these little bomb like mobs that look like they explode and usually kill 3 of my party members lol. I'm usually not watching closely so I look down and they just disappear.

vato_loco

Upgrading SSS is tough so you need to save A wih some S when it get really though to MAX them.
Also know that to get new allies the ascended allies you need to MAX+5 a SSS.
Meaning that you will need 5 fooders SSS to feed on that MAX SSS.
So yeah, the goal is really to make as much as you can units and use the better ones to advance in the game.
Well, it's not like I started it a long time ago, so if I have the same patience I had with Marvel Puzzle Quest, I should be fine.

I've gotten 200 Rubies, like 600 shoes, 3 S's, 1 SS. Has been worth it.
How on Earth do you create so many fake Facebook profiles...?

KimChi

Yeah but you can just keep rerolling.

Edit: Pulled a damn Gar.(SSS Ticket)
Oh well. There's to an ascended unit. Sigh.
I pulled Gar from the free SSS as well ._. I was looking at the in-game chat and saw 5 people in a row get pata, I pulled Gar and 2 others after me got shabelle... so disheartening T_T. I did combine for Byron just now though so I can put my max abyss king to rest lol.

Whoever I helped with that fake Facebook shit, give it a try. Goober told me it works now. So you got a free SS and 50 rubies lined up.
So how do I get that facebook thing setup? I already synced facebook to my hive, if you dont mind helping me with that ^^

Yaari

Well, it's not like I started it a long time ago, so if I have the same patience I had with Marvel Puzzle Quest, I should be fine.

How on Earth do you create so many fake Facebook profiles...?

They are not mine, they are other people with fake accounts sending eachother invites.

@KimChi I'll send you a pm later

KimChi

They are not mine, they are other people with fake accounts sending eachother invites.

alright thanks ^^

also conflicted on who to focus on for +ultimate. I just got Loki to Max enhance but I really like his damage. Think ill just wait on getting a low tier rogue and use that to ascend. Then I have aura windlune+5 and pearla+3, I can probably max both during that enhance buff.If I just had a priest I would ultimate that instead first though lol.

commish

These story dungeons get tough quick. I'm on pilgrims road or something, starting to fail pretty often

Sheep mage is making everything pretty easy for me. I just set it on auto and don't even use my helper. I never thought I'd pick my mage to level over my rogue, but the mage is just proving easier.

Did they change the way invites work? I invited like 6 people and the ui looks different, plus number of invites didn't go up after I invited. Do they actually have to accept now?

garath

Oh my. Whale sighting.. Level 60 rogue in arena with all Ultimate or MAX+2 SSS. One I've never seen before. Best guess it's an ascended unit (at MAX+1).

commish

This "next" feature in the storymode is great. Really speeds up the game for me. I have 300 shoes to burn (ugh, accepted all again), and it's going a lot faster than before.

Ventara

Oh my. Whale sighting.. Level 60 rogue in arena with all Ultimate or MAX+2 SSS. One I've never seen before. Best guess it's an ascended unit (at MAX+1).

I mentioned this earlier, but there was a guy with all 5 Draco units at +Ultimate in Arena. So he had 25 SSS units waiting to merge into them when the update rolled out.

This "next" feature in the storymode is great. Really speeds up the game for me. I have 300 shoes to burn (ugh, accepted all again), and it's going a lot faster than before.

LOL, again? At least you can grind it out for some levels.

commish

LOL, again? At least you can grind it out for some levels.

I know, right? I'm a moron. No other explanation, haha. I have 300 shoes and 100+ raid tickets to burn through. As you say, at least I picked a good day to do it on.

Limit

So if you want to enhance an ascended unit you still need to have essences. One essence for each enhancement chance.

Yikes.

m33pm33p

Banned
So I really cant decide right now...

I currently have a Priest at 55 and a Mage at 55...Both Equally geared. I started the priest because I heard they become really good in S2 but I am kind of torn between who to focus on more right now..

Any suggestions? My main concern is that I wont be able to do as well in Arena/GB on my Priest as I would with my mage. Mage is a sheep mage and Priest is a magnify build.

garath

Whoa. I just combined for a SSS Pirate King Byron. Looks beast. Finally a high tier SSS for me?

edit: Yeah. Looks like it. Sweet. Now to enhance him and gear him :( Sigh.

garath

Pretty brutal, but on the other hand they've made it easier to get SS and even SSS units. So you could in theory do all your enhances of your ascended allies with SS units, or even SSS for 100% chance.

What's easier to get SS and SSS units? We don't have the guaranteed pull yet. Just the extra 2 for 10 bonus.

edit: Oh and I guess the log in bonus ones.

Ventara

Pretty brutal, but on the other hand they've made it easier to get SS and even SSS units. So you could in theory do all your enhances of your ascended allies with SS units, or even SSS for 100% chance.

Whoa, I don't think it's easy to get SSS units just yet, and SS units are only easier because we're getting more S units thanks to the daily log ins. Using an SSS or even an SS is a pretty big waste.

Whoa, I don't think it's easy to get SSS units just yet, and SS units are only easier because we're getting more S units thanks to the daily log ins. Using an SSS or even an SS is a pretty big waste.

I didn't say it's easy, I said it's easier. I've been getting lots of As and Bs from the new story mode stuff, and I haven't even gotten to Hero, Legend, or Myth yet.

Plus keep in mind that once you're at the point where you have an ascended SSS unit, chances are you don't need regular SSS units for anything except fodder anymore. It's not like you need to combine them to SSSS or anything.

Anyway, I'm not saying it's easy or that it's super accessible to free players, just that with S2 it will be easier than before to get SS and SSS.

vato_loco

Anyone else having any trouble updating? I haven't been able to access the game because the Downloading bar keeps resetting itself...

commish

Whoa. I just combined for a SSS Pirate King Byron. Looks beast. Finally a high tier SSS for me?

edit: Yeah. Looks like it. Sweet. Now to enhance him and gear him :( Sigh.

Yeah he's awesome. You'll be set at warrior for a while.

Ventara

I didn't say it's easy, I said it's easier. I've been getting lots of As and Bs from the new story mode stuff, and I haven't even gotten to Hero, Legend, or Myth yet.

Plus keep in mind that once you're at the point where you have an ascended SSS unit, chances are you don't need regular SSS units for anything except fodder anymore. It's not like you need to combine them to SSSS or anything.

Anyway, I'm not saying it's easy or that it's super accessible to free players, just that with S2 it will be easier than before to get SS and SSS.

You need 10 fodder SSS for an ultimate ascended SSS unit, so it'd be pretty unwise to use them for enhancing outside limit break. Sure, if you have all 5 ascended units and more SSS than you know what to do.

It is slightly easier to make SSS units, but still very unwise to use them for enhancing.

Yaari

DB...yea, so unless you have some giant scheme going on..no more easy free rubies/shoes..

Damn. That ruins it entirely. I'm not going to get 40 of these people to actually play this damn game.

Too bad. That really sucks and ruins my progress.

Also, not too bothered with the ascended unit taking a item. At least they don't become entirely irrelevant after you find them later on. It does suck for the people that wanted to ULT one right away I guess.

commish

Even at the 750k exp per fight that I'm getting now farming this boss stage, it's going to take forever to get to 60.

wapplew

Work all day and finally get my first Draco, brightspark, biggest trouble is gold, Max to ultimate take almost 2m, plus 800k deify cost, man that was few hours of lab grind.
Now enhance her is another big problem, but hey, it's all worth it. Really powerful single target spell, aoe normal attack, and the best part aoe hp steal plus stun!

Top Bottom