• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

StuffRuff

Does that mean anyone that start over today, could pick the SSS they want? (Just start over a ridiculous amount of times)

I think Arena this week will be full of people that might use their Roses for tickets. Will be difficult to score top 50

Don't see why that wouldn't work!

garath

Guess I'm sticking with the dance of death for my rogue too. I'll have to think about those extra points though. Probably put them into vanish.

Those times for the ally bonus enhace SUCK for east coast. Seriously. There is more than the west coast gameevil. Screw you.

I've missed every single ally drop bonus and now I'll miss every single bonus to enhancing.

Though I read it as 30% improvement so instead of getting 3% on a fail you will get 4%. Instead of 8% for a fail you will get 10 or 11%. Etc. So its not quite as godly as it first looks.

Got aura windlune for my SSS. Damn. I already have dark arrow farq at +4. :/

Yaari

^ That's not too great. But probably more realistic.

I like the dungeon reward info. It helps quite a bit.
I guess here's to gathering a ton of Gold for ascension. I still refuse to straight up buy the 10 items I need. I want to go through all my Shoes for grinding first. And then we'll see how bad the drop rates are.

garath

Dammit. Aura Windlune is definitely better than Dark Arrow Farq. Should I stop enhancing Farq and work on Windlune? Does it even matter if the goal is just to ascend one of them? Ugh. It would be such a waste to have Farq as fodder at +4.

Yaari

Dammit. Aura Windlune is definitely better than Dark Arrow Farq. Should I stop enhancing Farq and work on Windlune? Does it even matter if the goal is just to ascend one of them? Ugh. It would be such a waste to have Farq as fodder at +4.

Why? Just ascend Farq

garath

Why? Just ascend Farq

It's going to be a long time before I can ascend anything. I only have 4 SSS to begin with. None of which are tier 1. Aura windlune would be a much better party member than Farq unfortunately.

btw, what rogue build did you decide on? Stuck with DoD I'm sure but throw points into vanish, crit rate or crit damage as a secondary?

Limit

It's going to be a long time before I can ascend anything. I only have 4 SSS to begin with. None of which are tier 1. Aura windlune would be a much better party member than Farq unfortunately.

btw, what rogue build did you decide on? Stuck with DoD I'm sure but throw points into vanish, crit rate or crit damage as a secondary?

You will need time to get those ascended item drops anyways. Just work on Farq.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Pulled a knight ari. First I was annoyed that I pulled my 93rd warrior but I see that he's a paladin with heals. Seems good but not sure if he replaces my healer. No rez but definitely beefer and does more damage.

garath

Wow. Got an SS summon from completing a new dungeon. Pretty sweet.

Going to just wing it for my rogue build. I think I'm going to focus on Vanish after DoD ultimate. It seems like good burst.

You will need time to get those ascended item drops anyways. Just work on Farq.

Yeah. Probably a good idea

Well my free SSS was Mercedes. So i guess this is going to slow down my first ascension, lol.

Where's the code for the free SS? I didn't receive it yet

Yaari

You guys got some nice free SSS. I'm still pissed that not only was it a Tier 4, it was a duplicate Tier 4.

But with Ascension here, I'll need them eventually. I just really wanted a nice Tank.

RS4-

Well, got SSS Belle Snow, maybe I should use Black Snow as well.

Too bad I still need a priest not named Ranran. I do have Mer, but single heal, fuck that.

garath

You guys got some nice free SSS. I'm still pissed that not only was it a Tier 4, it was a duplicate Tier 4.

But with Ascension here, I'll need them eventually. I just really wanted a nice Tank.

You and me both. The last thing I needed was another archer. Let alone one slightly better than my current enhanced one.

I wanted any tier 1 dps that wasn't an archer, a tank or a healer. Sigh.

edit: I really hate the day 1 arena grind. I'd much rather be playing the new dungeons and getting xp. But arena is so hard any other day than Tuesday. From experience I need at least 3k to get in the top 5%. Probably closer to 3500 these days.

Ventara

Got dupe Porin

What I would do for a healer right now. Instead, I get freaking Karang. Anyways, I'll probably make another SSS later this week and another next week. If I still don't have a healer by then, I'll start to seriously focus on leveling my priest.

Any reason to hold onto Ranran now that i have Mercedes?

Not that I can see. Having multiple healers is a good thing, but I think an SS or SSS DPS would be better suited for your team. Edit: Actually, hold on to her just in case.

garath

So long to level 56 again. This is going to take awhile lol.

Is there going to be any new raids with this new content? I overlooked that piece.

vato_loco

So I finally got myself a team of all SS. Yes, I know, I'm leagues behind most of you guys, but I'm pretty psyched. I know it's gonna be really hard to get a couple of SSs to a single SSS because of the cost of upgrading, but I've been having the crapiest luck on draws. I drew 11 summons and most of them A's and just a couple of S's, not a single SS and not even close to an SSS.

Yaari

So I finally got myself a team of all SS. Yes, I know, I'm leagues behind most of you guys, but I'm pretty psyched. I know it's gonna be really hard to get a couple of SSs to a single SSS because of the cost of upgrading, but I've been having the crapiest luck on draws. I drew 11 summons and most of them A's and just a couple of S's, not a single SS and not even close to an SSS.
Those are rare through premium summon though. I've never gotten a SSS and I must have done about 100 draws by now. I think I had 2 SS.

BTW, the new areas, there's not too many of them it seems? I hope I don't finish all the new content in a single day.

Limit

BTW, the new areas, there's not too many of them it seems? I hope I don't finish all the new content in a single day.

The new content is kicking my butt. Partially that is my fault though. I fed all my SSS, even my tanks, to Windlune in a feeble attempt to get an ascended unit asap. And now I don't even have a team flexible enough to withstand long battles.

Yaari

The new content is kicking my butt. Partially that is my fault though. I fed all my SSS, even my tanks, to Windlune in a feeble attempt to get an ascended unit asap. And now I don't even have a team flexible enough to withstand long battles.

Ugh, that is really going to set back your progress..
How will you even run the stuff that rewards Rubies without a good team?

Limit

Ugh, that is really going to set back your progress..
How will you even run the stuff that rewards Rubies without a good team?

I don't know. I done goofed up son.

My progress is going to be much slower from now on. Keep on grinding for characters to feed to my S units, to SS units, and eventually fuse for SSS units and hope that I get new tanks.

garath

Hmm.. So a level 50 Aura windlune has better base stats than my level 55 MAX SS Archer Veri. Guess it's time to use him for a combine to another SSS.

I have another 4 SS I can use for combines. Just need to enhance them. This is going to be a long journey. I now have 924 rubies. Probably time to blow them with no guaranteed SS or SSS in sight.

Everyone else blowing their ruby stash?

garath

:O

Though I still need something worthwhile enhancing. If my next SSS isn't a priest or is crap, I'll go ahead and enhance Percy to ascend. I've settled on Greysoul for my first ascended unit.

I wish I had a rogue SSS unit. I may just take a stab at an SSS with my Archer Veri and hunter misty. I don't really need them right now.

Yaari

Whoever I helped with that fake Facebook shit, give it a try. Goober told me it works now. So you got a free SS and 50 rubies lined up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I have enough resources to make an ascended unit today, but it would have to be a warrior. I have an SSS rogue and archer, but they are both un-enhanced and it would take too many resources for me to buff them up in order to ascend. Not sure which approach to take.

Chaos17

Oh, ok. I feel better now.

Oh wait, that means I'll have to sacrifice two of my SSs...

Yeah, the goal is to get as much as you can monsters then combine them.
We use C allies to feed S then make SS from them.
We use B to feed SS then make SSS from them.
We use A to feed SSS.

So all the monsters/fodders you got are usefull.

I think I have enough resources to make an ascended unit today, but it would have to be a warrior. I have an SSS rogue and archer, but they are both un-enhanced and it would take too many resources for me to buff them up in order to ascend. Not sure which approach to take.
I advice you to wait tomorow ight, there will be a new buff every 2 days that give 30% chance to enhancing when it fail.

Dates: *7/21 ~ 8/2*

Ally Enhance Cost 30% OFF - *(Every Tues/Thurs/Sat 9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT)*
Receive 30% increase to Success Chance when failing Ally Enhance - *(Every Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun 9:00 PM ~ 12:00 AM PDT/CEST/SGT)*
Receive 2 Bonus Premium Ally summons for every 10 summons.
Source : http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/show...apter-2-Launch-Party-(7-21-8-21-PDT-CEST-SGT)

garath

Gonna throw down the rubies to buy the essence? I'm not sure how the warrior ranks in terms of ascended units but it does seem like rogue and archer are best. Might be better just to grind it out to ascend one of those instead and see if you can get any essences to drop.

Ventara

Don't do it. You're using up 6 SSS units. Might as well wait and make it a worthwhile one (not that Draco Deathcrown is bad). Wait and stockpile a bunch of S and A units.

Yaari

I'm intrigued. What's that fake Facebook shit?

It's where you have a fake facebook with fake friends, and you invite 10 per day, which gives 20 shoes per day. There is also the rewards for getting a total of 50, which is a SS card.

You need to link your HIVE to the game, which is linked to the fake Facebook.

Top Bottom